Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Raihanna

Why Doesn't Allah Help Us?

Assalamualaikum, my muslim brothers and sisters,

In my country, there was this big election between muslim party versus nonmuslim party in a muslim majority community. Guess what, the nonmuslim won! That was because the nonmuslim had a greater media coverage than muslims and had succeed in influencing muslims that they were better than muslim party.

Many muslims had tried to give their brothers/sisters warning not be swayed by nonmuslim party and to support their own religion party but they were in vain and the muslims still chose the nonmuslim party.

Why doesn't Allah help us? Doesn't He want His religion to succeed? While all muslims that had participated in the campaign do it only for Allah (not for money or anything).

I am still a bit dissappointed with the result :'( Please give me your comment about this. Thank you

Wassalam

Edited by Raihanna

PropellerAds

What were the political positions of the two groups? Can you provide more information? I think the answer almost certainly lies there, in what the groups were advocating.

Edited by SuperZeZ

What were the political positions of the two groups? Can you provide more information? I think the answer almost certainly lies there, in what the groups were advocating.

Both parties offered to build our place to be better. Strangely, the nonmuslim party didn't have real plan, just relied on good image on media. The muslim party had real plan, but media potrayed it in very bad side, making the muslims started to believe that the muslim party was bad. Some muslims (including me) tried as hard as possible to convince the other muslims that the muslim party actually had been wronged by the nonmuslim, but since the nonmuslim's media had a greater coverage than us, as if our warning was in vain.

Even so, we had "fought" hard for Allah, why wouldn't He help us? He could make those other muslims believe us or anything. Didn't He have angels or power to create miracles?

Rasulullah SAW had fought in smaller numbers in Battle of Uhud but won. What was so different with us?

I am so down right now.... :'(

Edited by Raihanna

Wa 'alaikumu as-salamu wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

Well Allah tests people. You are thinking of this from your perspective. "I did this and I did that. Why didn't I succeed when I did it for Allah's sake?". However, you forget the others, i.e. the voters who voted for the non-Muslims. It is test for all. If Allah forced them to vote for you, where is the test? Allah does not force people. He says in the Qur'an that He could make every single one on Earth believe but He said that would be forcing them against their own will.

You also forget that Allah tries His believing servants. What happened when Moses (pbuh) came to ask Pharaoh to let the children of israel go? Was there an immediate victory and escape? Instead the situation got much worse for them. The excruciating work was made even harder! Could Allah have just taken them out of Egypt instantly? Yes. But He did not. Even the Prophet (pbuh) endured a lot of harm before he became victorious.

Don't ever ask, "Why Allah did not help me or us?", lest you be ungrateful. Another thing to take into consideration is that sometimes Allah lets us fail because of our sins. I am not implying or accusing but you always have to take this into account.

• Like 1

Well Allah tests people. You are thinking of this from your perspective. "I did this and I did that. Why didn't I succeed when I did it for Allah's sake?". However, you forget the others, i.e. the voters who voted for the non-Muslims. It is test for all. If Allah forced them to vote for you, where is the test? Allah does not force people. He says in the Qur'an that He could make every single one on Earth believe but He said that would be forcing them against their own will.

This personally confuses me, because I read several passages in the Qur'an that seem to indicate that Allah intentionally hardens the hearts the unbelievers, and isn't that forcing them into a certain opinion?

Also, with the example of Egypt, what exactly was gained by sending the plagues to force Pharaoh to let them go, at the cost of the lives of so many blameless egyptian children? Was the lesson the hebrews learned really worth those lives?

Edited by SuperZeZ

This personally confuses me, because I read several passages in the Qur'an that seem to indicate that Allah intentionally hardens the hearts the unbelievers, and isn't that forcing them into a certain opinion?

No, that is a result of their disbelief. A lot of people read the Qur'an and see that Allah says that He misguides the disbelievers and puts a seal on their hearts etc. Thus they end up thinking that Allah is really the one at fault and He is the cause behind the disbeliever's disbelief. But that is not the case. The misguidance and the heardening of the heart is consequence, not the cause. The cause is the disbelief, rebellion and evil of the disbeliever.

Also, with the example of Egypt, what exactly was gained by sending the plagues to force Pharaoh to let them go, at the cost of the lives of so many blameless egyptian children? Was the lesson the hebrews learned really worth those lives?

Allah punishes people in the world in order that they might repent before the greatest punishment. Allah did not just send Moses (pbuh) to take the children of israel out of Egypt. He sent him to also call the Egyptians to believe in Allah. They chose to follow the Pharaoh instead. It also served as a reminder to the children of israel. Yes, everything that Allah does has wisdom in it.

No, that is a result of their disbelief. A lot of people read the Qur'an and see that Allah says that He misguides the disbelievers and puts a seal on their hearts etc. Thus they end up thinking that Allah is really the one at fault and He is the cause behind the disbeliever's disbelief. But that is not the case. The misguidance and the heardening of the heart is consequence, not the cause. The cause is the disbelief, rebellion and evil of the disbeliever.

Are you saying everybody who isn't a muslim is wicked, and that's why they disbelieve?

Allah punishes people in the world in order that they might repent before the greatest punishment. Allah did not just send Moses (pbuh) to take the children of israel out of Egypt. He sent him to also call the Egyptians to believe in Allah. They chose to follow the Pharaoh instead. It also served as a reminder to the children of israel. Yes, everything that Allah does has wisdom in it.

What about the tenth plague, the one where the firstborn children of Egypt were killed? Were the children being punished? And if it was their parents, why inflict a punishment that hurt people who weren't being punished?

Are you saying everybody who isn't a muslim is wicked, and that's why they disbelieve?

Well most non-Muslims have not heard of Islam. But yes those reject the Truth are evil. They might be good people otherwise, i.e. very kind towards you, but when it comes to accepting the Truth, they are evil for rejecting it. Their evil only harms them though. It depends on how you view evil.

What about the tenth plague, the one where the firstborn children of Egypt were killed? Were the children being punished? And if it was their parents, why inflict a punishment that hurt people who weren't being punished?

To the tell you the truth, I have not read that about the firstborn of the Egyptians being killed in Islamic sources. That's in the Bible, i.e. the Passover. Not that the story is necessarily false. But the Qur'an says that famine and other harmful things affected the Egyptians and I don't think it would reasonable to except that no baby would be harmed and died.

No, the children were not being punished, as far as I am aware. Children are blessing of Allah. He gives them and withdraws His blessings.

• Like 1

Their evil only harms them though. It depends on how you view evil.

So how do you define evil? And how evil do you think I am?

Well there are many ways to define it. A lot of people have different definitions.

I would say that the traditional one is a person who harms others. That's what almost everybody considers. So in that sense, I do not think you are evil.

However, religiously speaking an evil is person somebody who disobeys God and there is no greater disobedience than refusing to worship Allah. Your term has not come to an end, i.e. you have not died yet, so I don't know if you are evil in that respect. Quite frankly, as long as you do not harm me then it is not really my business how evil you are if the evil only harms yourself. That will be between Allah and you.

Wa 'alaikumu as-salamu wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

You also forget that Allah tries His believing servants. What happened when Moses (pbuh) came to ask Pharaoh to let the children of israel go? Was there an immediate victory and escape? Instead the situation got much worse for them. The excruciating work was made even harder! Could Allah have just taken them out of Egypt instantly? Yes. But He did not. Even the Prophet (pbuh) endured a lot of harm before he became victorious.

Don't ever ask, "Why Allah did not help me or us?", lest you be ungrateful. Another thing to take into consideration is that sometimes Allah lets us fail because of our sins. I am not implying or accusing but you always have to take this into account.

Assalamualaikum,

Thank you for your advice. You are my hero today :D

May Allah bless us all, amien

Wassalam

Please don't post about something irrelevant in my thread :(

Make separated thread if you want to discuss another thing. No offense, just this is not the place. Please respect my feelings now (I am not feeling too good today)

By the way, as long as you are not muslim, your perception of "evil" will be forever different with us. I think Brother Younes has answered your question in his previous post

Well most non-Muslims have not heard of Islam. But yes those reject the Truth are evil. They might be good people otherwise, i.e. very kind towards you, but when it comes to accepting the Truth, they are evil for rejecting it. Their evil only harms them though. It depends on how you view evil.

Thank you for participating anyway :)

Edited by Raihanna

I am greatly influenced by being an American, of course, but I believe that the example set here does convince many people around the world that secular government works best. As I have made clear on other threads, I think that the imposition of sharia law is a mistake, too. Our Founding Fathers got it right when they separated church and state!

Both parties offered to build our place to be better. Strangely, the nonmuslim party didn't have real plan, just relied on good image on media. The muslim party had real plan, but media potrayed it in very bad side, making the muslims started to believe that the muslim party was bad. Some muslims (including me) tried as hard as possible to convince the other muslims that the muslim party actually had been wronged by the nonmuslim, but since the nonmuslim's media had a greater coverage than us, as if our warning was in vain.

Even so, we had "fought" hard for Allah, why wouldn't He help us? He could make those other muslims believe us or anything. Didn't He have angels or power to create miracles?

could be the majority of the Muslems don't deserve it, as brother Younes said because of people's sins. and if you are on the right side (i believe so and i don't judge) the results shouldn't affect you, since we are rewarded for efforts not results. you just began a new clear struggle to re-correct the muslems' view about Islam. while in case of a bad muslem won the struggle could be harder and more vague, Allah knows best.

Rasulullah SAW had fought in smaller numbers in Battle of Uhud but won. What was so different with us?

I am so down right now.... :'(

first of the Muslems didn't won Uhud battle, on military standards, i believe you mean the battle of Badr where the muslems where about 1/3 of the pagans man power and Allah supported them and won the battle. yes in Uhud when a great percentage of the mountain guardians(50) broke down the prophet's instructions and left of their places, the Muslems where about to lose the battle, Although the prophet was the leader of the Muslem army.

well, Allah support and miracles are there every day and every moment to support those who deserve it, the Afghani people won and destruct the former USSR military power at its glory by the help of Allah and his support when they deserved it.

What about the tenth plague, the one where the firstborn children of Egypt were killed? Were the children being punished?And if it was their parents, why inflict a punishment that hurt people who weren't being punished?

as brother Younes mentioned, this is not from Islamic sources,

Assalamualaikum,

Yes,right,it is Battle of Badr,not Battle of Uhud :P Thank you for your correction and advice :)

Wassalam