Islamic Forum
muslimstuden

Question About Science/quran

Quran says God is the one who is not letting sky to fall on the earth and skies are without any pillars. While Science has proved that sky is not anything physical and even if you travel for 4 trillion light years you do not come to any end to this universe. Please explain this. Regards

PropellerAds

While Science has proved that sky is not anything physical

Science has prove that the sky is not anything physical? Can you show me this proof? Just curios..I mean one part of the sky is made up of atmosphere which is made up of air of various gases with various molecular physical structure etc..? Can you elaborate?

As-salamu 'alaikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

In Arabic, the word "sky" refers to what is above you. The sky is physical. Look at the Sun, the Moon and whatnot.

i believe science didn't reach the explanation of 7 skies (samaa سماء) nor even the first, the very low, the most near one of them (السماء الدنيا).i believe too science didn't recognize more than 1% of the universe (or a very small percentage) since as the scientists develops new instruments, the universe expands beyand the new instruments' capabilities.

while for "" God is the one who is not letting sky to fall on the earth and skies are without any pillars seen by you"", yes he is subhanuh wa taala. it doesn't mean he support physically, but by his orders. whatever he wills he just tell it be and it is. he established every law, we are trying to discover, including the laws of the orbiting objects .

Thanks and salam to brothers who replied to my question.

Lets say we assume that Sky is everything above the earth, galaxies, sun and moons etc. While my question is about quran's way of mentioning the sky, Quran says sky is without pillars, which is clearly in sense of a sky we see from earth which looks like a roof. When quran mentions pillars it clearly shows that sky is being taken as a roof or something physical.

Also, Earth to sky is like a grain of sand to whole sand of oceans, then how come sky can fell on the earth.

I am not trying to prove quran wrong, I have full understanding that there might be such meanings behind this which a scholar understands well.

Please reply with some logical answer.

JazakaAllah Khair

as far as i know, there is no clear scientific defention of the skies Samaa, Allah tells about the first one [and we decorated the the lowest sky, samaa aldonia, with light bulbs .... ] which seems like it talks about what we call universe

Well the sky is physical. Outer space is physical/material. It exists. It is not immaterial. It is non-existant. The sky is not a spirit or something unobservable.

It is easy to imagine the sky collapsing on the Earth, i.e. meteors, the Moon and the Sun fall and destroy the Earth. It is not that difficult to imagine.

Lets say we assume that Sky is everything above the earth, galaxies, sun and moons etc. While my question is about quran's way of mentioning the sky, Quran says sky is without pillars, which is clearly in sense of a sky we see from earth which looks like a roof. When quran mentions pillars it clearly shows that sky is being taken as a roof or something physical.

Also, Earth to sky is like a grain of sand to whole sand of oceans, then how come sky can fell on the earth.

I am not trying to prove quran wrong, I have full understanding that there might be such meanings behind this which a scholar understands well.

Please reply with some logical answer.

JazakaAllah Khair

:sl:

If we take that the verse in question refers to the sky above the earth, ie what we see or refer to as normal everyday sky, then the Arabs during the time of the Prophet :s: used to believe that the sky was supported by pillars and this verse states that there are no pillars. I remember reading this somewhere..To take a sky as to mean 'roof' is linguistically correct since it is well established by science that our sky acts as some kind of protections against the elements/radiations.

a) In older times they had a different definition of sky, it referred to space & in that respect it is easily possible

b) how has science proved this about the end of the universe? oh I know they probably did mathematical figures which somehow "proves" this theory. The fact of the matter is that modern science does not accumulate actual facts as in physical evidence, instead they sit around and make hypothesis for which they have no means of backing with any physical evidence contrary to what is taught by the founding fathers of true science like Isaac Newton

Do not assume that the science of today is accurate simply because it sounds intelligent. The science of yesteryear said that cloning was impossible, that laser weapons was pure fiction, etcetera. Time & again science is proven wrong as it develops.

“This most beautiful system [The Universe] could only proceed from the dominion of an intelligent and powerful Being.” -Isaac Newton

To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing. - Isaac Newton

"...The main busisness of natural Philosophy is to argue from phaenomena without feigning Hypotheses, and to deduce Causes from Effects, till we come to the very first Cause, which certainly is not mechanical.... What is there in places almost empty of Matter, and whence is it that the Sun and Planets gravitate towards one another, without dense Matter between them? Whence is it that Nature doth nothing in vain; and whence arises all that Order and Beauty which we see in the World? To what end are the Comets, and whence is it that Planets move all one and the same way in Orbs concentrick, while Commets move all manner of ways in Orbs very excentrick; and what hinders the fix'd Stars from falling upon one another? How came the Bodies of Animals to be contrived with so much Art, and for what ends were their several Parts? Was the Eye contrived without Skill in Opticks, and the Ear without Knowledge of Sounds?.... And these things being rightly dispatch'd, does it not appear from Phaenomena that there is a Being incorporeal, living, intelligent, omnipresent, who in infinite Space, as it were in his Sensory, sees the things themselves intimately, and thoroughly perceives them, and comprehends them wholly by their immediate presence to himself... And though every true Step made in this Philosophy brings us not immediately to the Knowledge of the first Cause, yet it brings us nearer to it, and on that account is to be highly valued." -Isaac Newton

• I have not as yet been able to discover the reason for these properties of gravity from phenomena, and I do not feign hypotheses. For whatever is not deduced from the phenomena must be called a hypothesis; and hypotheses, whether metaphysical or physical, or based on occult qualities, or mechanical, have no place in experimental philosophy. In this philosophy particular propositions are inferred from the phenomena, and afterwards rendered general by induction.

•  

It is the perfection of God's works that they are all done with the greatest simplicity. He is the God of order and not of confusion. And therefore as they would understand the frame of the world must endeavor to reduce their knowledge to all possible simplicity, so must it be in seeking to understand these visions. - Isaac Newton

i believe science didn't reach the explanation of 7 skies (samaa سماء) nor even the first, the very low, the most near one of them (السماء الدنيا).i believe too science didn't recognize more than 1% of the universe (or a very small percentage) since as the scientists develops new instruments, the universe expands beyand the new instruments' capabilities.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/04/100409-black-holes-alternate-universe-multiverse-einstein-wormholes/

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/05/17/every-black-hole-contains-new-universe/

^ 7 heavens? just saying...what we mean as heavens may not be what Allah (swt) means.

:wa:

You seem to be confused here. Qur'an mentions that sky do NOT have pillars. So, what do you mean by that sentence?

And what do you mean by how come sky can fell on the earth ? How does that (sky falling) relate to Qur'an

Also try to quote the related verse. This will be helpful. :i:

Edited by Saracen21stC

Assalam alaikum

Possible opinion:

He withholds the sky from failing on the earth except by His leave

"In the Name of Allâh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful"

God Almighty Says In The Holy Qur'an

(The Holy Qur'an : Chapter: 22, Verse: 65) {Seest thou not that Allah has made subject to you (men) all that is on the earth, and the ships that sail through the sea by His Command? He withholds the sky from failing on the earth except by His leave: for Allah is Most Kind and Most Merciful to man.}

To the Time Of "2006" If You asked A Muslim Scholar about that Great Verse He would not know the really Meaning of It as, It is Consider to be one of the most great scientific sight In the "Holy Qur'an"

To the time of "2006" Muslims realized Not the Miracle in that verse as it was not Discovered Yet.

And Was The Question "How That Great Sky Can Fail on this very Small Earth!

Really we could not realize It not Until, That "Research" was Published on "NASA Site" At the Title Of (The Sky is Falling)

{see caption"Every day, more than a metric ton of meteoroids hits the Moon," says Bill Cooke of the Marshall Space Flight Center's Meteoroid Environment Office. They literally fall out of the sky, in all shapes and sizes, from specks of comet dust to full-blown asteroids, traveling up to a hundred thousand mph. And when they hit, they do not disintegrate harmlessly in the atmosphere as most would on Earth. On the airless Moon, meteoroids hit the ground.}

NASA GOV >> Science News >> The Sky is Falling (April 28, 2006: Up on the Moon, the sky is falling.)

http://science.nasa....._skyisfalling/

And Now, After More Than "1400 Years"

The Holy Qur'an Was Inspired to the "Unlettered Prophet"(Muhammad "Peace BE Upon Him") at the age of no Scientific progress or any source of knowledge, But The Holy Qur'an Reporting one of the most great scientific fact was wasn't Discovered UnTil "2006" And "1400 Years" The Holy Qur'an was Inspired.

So,WE Can Know clear the meaning of the verse now

God Almighty Reminder us Of One of his great gifts on the Earth He Gave Us "The ozone Atmosphere (Which cover the earth) " as with out It "The ozone Atmosphere" The Earth would be the same as the Moon "Susceptible to Meteors Shocks"

And God Almighty say "Sky" Not "Meteors" And this called in Arabic Grammar (Magaz Morasl) (Posted metaphor) which is one of the most great style of Rhetoric In the Holy Qur'an

For Example; (The Holy Qur'an : Chapter: 12, Verse: 82) {"'Ask at the town where we have been and the caravan in which we returned, and (you will find) we are indeed telling the truth.'"} and it doesn't mean to ask "the town" it self ; but the meaning Is {And ask (the people of) the town} But it is called "Posted metaphor"

And here The Same The Holy Qur'an say "He withholds the sky from failing on the earth " and the meaning is "the Meteors"

the same Name "NASA" Said "The Sky is Falling" On the Moon.

And this is , The Great Mercy Of God Almighty Provided The Earth With "The ozone Atmosphere" To Protect All creature living in

(The Holy Qur'an : Chapter: 54, Verse: 49) {Verily, all things have We created in proportion and measure.}

The Same sentence "He withholds the sky from failing on the earth" Mentioned In The Holy Qur'an

at " 7th century" The Greatest Space Agency "NASA" Used In " 21st century" "The Sky is Falling"

Verily The Holy Qur'an Prove Day After Day that It is The Word OF The Creator (the Knower)

God "Allah"

And The Question Now,Who Learned "Prophet Muhammad "Peace Be Upon Him" This Great Information at the Hell of " 7th Century" ?!

Only One Answer :

(The Holy Qur'an : Chapter: 26, Verse: 192) {And truly, this (the Qur’ân) is a revelation from the Lord of the ‘Alamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists),}

(The Holy Qur'an : Chapter: 53, Verse: 3:4) { (3) Nor does he (Muhammad) speak of (his own) desire. (4) It is only a Revelation revealed.}

http://www.ebnmaryam...vb/t177935.html

Dear Absolute Truth

Your answer is satisfying and I am thankful for your effort and time.

Another question, Surah Rome predicts victory of rome over iran in 6-9 years.God is all knowing then why such uncertain time was predicted ? God could have said 6 years or 9 years.

Please explain.