Islamic Forum
tamtoum

Salams Im In Desperate Need Of Advice

I am 20 years of age and have been with a man for 2years he is 25 years of age our intentions are to get married and have been for the last 2 years when his finally convinced his family to my house and ask for my hand in marriage his family did not wantt me what do I do I want to make this relationship hallal but there making everything so hard we'v tried to go our separate ways but we are to attached we'r confused and stuck

PropellerAds

Get married without their permission! Because you dont ned their permission to get married, Allah says that you should listen to your parents however the only time your not to listen to them is when they tell you to do something other than what Allah and his messenger says......and the Prophet Muhamad (saw) said that marriage is half your faith..so you guys go on and get married and Allah will look after you.

I am 20 years of age and have been with a man for 2years he is 25 years of age our intentions are to get married and have been for the last 2 years when his finally convinced his family to my house and ask for my hand in marriage his family did not wantt me what do I do I want to make this relationship hallal but there making everything so hard we'v tried to go our separate ways but we are to attached we'r confused and stuck

:wa:

Sister. Don't be worried. Tawbah and Marriage are the best solutions to come out of such haram relations.

Now, does your family want you to marry him? I mean do they agree?

And please, look at these fatwas:

1. http://islamqa.info/en/ref/36209/

2. http://islamqa.info/en/ref/87983/

3. http://islamqa.info/en/ref/32580

Edited by Saracen21stC

You / that brother could try to convince them by showing such authentic fatwas, lecture videos or even through discussion with a pious scholar that denying marriage between two SANE, ADULT Muslim male and female who are eligible through sharia is HARAM for the parents/guardians. I believe this could be a good solution. Try to contact a nearby Imam / scholar and make him talk to the parents.

Edited by Saracen21stC
  • Like 1

If it isn't too sensitive, perhaps you could share your families reasons for objecting. Sometimes there are good reasons and sometimes it could be just prejudice.

Salam alaykum,

I think the advice from sad clown is very good, there may have some bad first impressions about you that can be sorted out through communicating. The three Fatwas/religious rulings aren't really that related since the family does not seem to have made their decision regarding education or study. May Allah (swt) grant you success and remember that marriage is an act of worship that brings people closer to Allah (swt).