Islamic Forum
Yael

Ask A Jew Anything You Like

B"H

Anything from Jewish beliefs and practices to Jewish history, Jewish Law, Jewish culture, women's rights and roles in Judaism, marriage, israel,... Whatever you want to ask.

1. My opinion is my own. I don't speak for all Jews.

2. I am not an expert and do not know everything, so if I say I don't know, don't be mad at me! .

3. Please state your question clearly.

4. Ask, don't badger!

5. Of course, no rude questions allowed. Ridiculous questions will be ignored.

6. I will answer questions on a first come first serve basis when I have the time to do so.

Can't wait!

Shalom!

PropellerAds

B"H

Anything from Jewish beliefs and practices to Jewish history, Jewish Law, Jewish culture, women's rights and roles in Judaism, marriage, israel,... Whatever you want to ask.

2. I am not an expert and do not know everything, so if I say I don't know, don't be mad at me! .

4. Ask, don't badger!

6. I will answer questions on a first come first serve basis when I have the time to do so.

Can't wait!

Shalom!

i have responded in other thread about muhammed in bible where is proved to you with evidence why those verse talk about Muhammed, it is not only word Muhammed but also 3 other caracteristics wich show that it talked about Muhamemd, you did not know beacuse you dont know these stuff about Muhammed and muslim history.

but here is another video about muhamme din bible

i have a video for you Deedat explain how muslims shall deal with jews

i recommend it to you

How do you call God?

Why dont you accept jesus and Muhammed as prophets of God?

Jewish rabbis talking about Islam

Jewish Rabbi: Islam is religion of future

Jewish Rabbi admits Islam is the oldest religion, he is just confirming what we already knew

JEWS PROVE Islam RIGHT AND CHRISTIANITY WRONG

• Like 1

1. We call God HaShem, which means 'the Name'. We do not pronounce God's name, YHWH. In the Torah and in our prayers we say Adonai, which means Lord where the Name appears. There are many other titles and names such as Avinu (our Father) and El Shaddai (Almighty).

2. Jesus was not the Messiah and he is not God. Jesus was a Jew! I don't know if he was a prophet, but he was a teacher of Jewish Law and tradition of his day. Rabbi Shmuley Boteach has talked and written a lot about Jesus being a Jew.

3. Your 'evidence' is taken out of context so it is of no value.

1. We call God HaShem, which means 'the Name'. We do not pronounce God's name, YHWH. In the Torah and in our prayers we say Adonai, which means Lord where the Name appears. There are many other titles and names such as Avinu (our Father) and El Shaddai (Almighty).

2. Jesus was not the Messiah and he is not God. Jesus was a Jew! I don't know if he was a prophet, but he was a teacher of Jewish Law and tradition of his day. Rabbi Shmuley Boteach has talked and written a lot about Jesus being a Jew.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io3uxHLzpBE

i will let this jew explain to how you shall call God

of course he was not God, but he was messiah and prophet and you jews did not accepted him, but we muslims accepted him in his true nature, as messiah and prophet.

That is why God is angry at you beacuse you did not accept jesus and you killed other prophets of God, Zakariah and John the baptist. and tried to kill jesus also but God saved him.

no, i studied my evidence in details, but what can i do if you reject those evidence.

You jews were chosen people by God above all other nations, God said that in quran, but you lost the true path and killed his messangers and deserved that God is angry at you.

God says in quran to you jews:

O Children of israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfil your covenant with Me as I fulfil My Covenant with you, and fear none but Me. [Qur'an, sura 2:40]

Children of israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and that I preferred you to all other nations (for My Message). [Qur'an, sura 2:47]

And remember We took your covenant and We raised above you Mount (Sinai) : (Saying): "Hold firmly to what We have given you and bring (ever) to remembrance what is therein: Perchance ye may fear Allah." [Qur'an, sura 2:63]

And remember We [Allah/Elohim] made a covenant with the Children of israel (to this effect): Worship none but Allah; treat with kindness your parents and kindred, and orphans and those in need; speak fair to the people; be steadfast in prayer; and practise regular charity. Then did ye turn back, except a few among you, and ye backslide (even now). [Qur'an, sura 2:83]

We don't believe in the Quran so I have no interest in what it says. And you should know that there is no way you can convert me. This topic is called ask a jew anything you like, not try to convert a jew.

We don't believe in the Quran so I have no interest in what it says. And you should know that there is no way you can convert me. This topic is called ask a jew anything you like, not try to convert a jew.

We don't believe in the Quran so I have no interest in what it says.

i know, just like you rejected jesus , you reject now muhammed and quran. and you will be responsible for that on the day of judgment.

-What is Judaism basic message

-what is the source of the Torah and whether it has changed

-what do you think of non-Jew people

-what is the way to salvation

-and finally why it is a necessity to establish the state of israel from religious point of view

I don't know much about Judaism and it's an opportunity to know more

Edited by keroghee

Judaism is old ancient Islam with different Sharia laws. Moses never called his religion judaism, judaism was named after one of Abraham grandsons, name Judah.

Moses did not know the term Judaism.

• Like 1

-What is Judaism basic message

-what is the source of the Torah and whether it has changed

-what do you think of non-Jew people

-what is the way to salvation

-and finally why it is a necessity to establish the state of israel from religious point of view

I don't know much about Judaism and it's an opportunity to know more

Shalom!

Thanks for asking. I’m glad you have taken this opportunity to learn!

- Judaism is a monotheistic religion as you know. Jews are required to live righteously and obey the 613 commands of the Torah, which includes loving God and loving your neighbor; this is the covenant between God and the Jewish people.

During the first century B.C.E. a great rabbi named Hillel was asked to sum up Judaism while standing on one foot. He replied: "Certainly! What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. The rest is commentary, now go and study." (Talmud Shabbat 31A.)

The ’13 principles of faith’ summarize the core beliefs, however liberal movements have a different approach to some of these principles:

1. Belief in the existence of the Creator, who is perfect in every manner of existence and is the Primary Cause of all that exists.

2. The belief in G-d's absolute and unparalleled unity.

3. The belief in G-d's non-corporeality, nor that He will be affected by any physical occurrences, such as movement, or rest, or dwelling.

4. The belief in G-d's eternity.

5. The imperative to worship G-d exclusively and no foreign false gods.

6. The belief that G-d communicates with man through prophecy.

7. The belief in the primacy of the prophecy of Moses our teacher.

8. The belief in the divine origin of the Torah.

9. The belief in the immutability of the Torah.

10. The belief in G-d's omniscience and providence.

11. The belief in divine reward and retribution.

12. The belief in the arrival of the Messiah and the messianic era.

13. The belief in the resurrection of the dead.

- The Torah was given to Moses by God and preserved over the centuries. No, it hasn't changed, and if you're making that accusation the onus is on you to prove it, not me.

- Well, it depends on the non-Jew. I do not dislike or hate non-Jews.

We don't believe that God hates non-Jews or that we should. We are not instructed to hate non-Jews in the Torah, not even the Egyptians. All humans were created in "b'tzelem Elohim, the image of Gd. There are some revered and respected non-Jewish figures in the Bible such as Ruth (ancestor of King David), and Balaam the prophet. Hashem is the God of all people and we are all God's children.

The difference between Jews and non-Jews are our obligations. Jews are required to observe the 613 mitzvot (commands) of the Torah whereas non-Jews are not. We are chosen because we accepted the Torah and our duty is to fulfill the obligations of the covenant, repairing the world and make HaShem known to the nations. We are the light to the nations – a light which leads to God. One tradition holds that HaShem chose the Jewish nation not because they were great and mighty, but because they were small and lowly (Deuteronomy 7:7), and success in our mission would be attributed to God and not our own might for this reason.

- The way to ‘salvation’ or inheriting a place in the world to come is living a rightous life. You can be a Jew or a non-Jew. Judaism, unlike Islam and Christianity, does not teach that non-believers (or non-Jews) will go to hell for not being Jewish. Righteous non-Jews will inherit the world to come as well.

Yea, He saith: 'It is too light a thing that thou shouldest be My servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the offspring of israel; I will also give thee for a light of the nations, that My salvation may be unto the end of the earth.

Isaiah 49:6

Non-Jews are not required to fulfill the obligations of the Torah in order to inherit a place in the world to come as this is a covenant between HaShem and the Jewish people. They may convert if they wish to enter the covenant, however the Noahide laws are what is the minimum requirement for non-Jews:

1. carry out justice - An imperative to pursue and enforce social justice, and a prohibition of any miscarriage of justice.
  2. no blasphemy - Prohibits a curse directed at the Supreme Being.
  3. no idolatry - Prohibits the worship of any human or any created thing. Also prohibited is the making of idols and involvement with the occult. This necessitates an understanding of the One G-d of israel and His nature.
  4. no illicit intercourse - Prohibits adultery, incest, homosexual intercourse and bestiality, according to Torah definitions.
  5. no homicide - Prohibits murder and suicide. Causing injury is also forbidden.
  6. no theft - Prohibits the wrongful taking of another's goods.
  7. don't eat a limb of a living creature - Promotes the kind treatment of animal life. It also encourages an appreciation for all kinds of life and respect for nature as G-d's creation.

http://beta.chabad.org/kabbalah/article_cdo/aid/380332/jewish/The-Mitzvot-of-Non-Jews.htm

- HaShem promised the Jewish people return from exile to the ancestral land. One of the requirements of the Messiah is that he must gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to israel.

There are some Haredim (a.k.a Ultra-Orthodox Jews) in israel and the diaspora who do not believe that israel should have been re-established by Zionists because they believe that the Messiah should undertake this.

and another:

Then there are the Zionists who believe that Jews have the right to inhabit israel as it the land promised to them, and that Jews should have their own state where they can live freely and be protected from persecution. Some also believe that this will hasten the coming fo the Messiah.

Judaism is old ancient Islam with different Sharia laws. Moses never called his religion judaism, judaism was named after one of Abraham grandsons, name Judah.

Moses did not know the term Judaism.

Your point is? Moses did not use or know the terms ‘Islam’ or ‘Muslim’ or ‘Sharia’ either so I can easily use your own reasoning against you. The term ‘Judaism’ is English, and I doubt Moses knew English as it didn’t even exist back then.

hello, Yael

i like to know the Jew' instructions for the women in her menstruates, since a grown up women will spend a quite percentage of here life during such state (15-25%) or may be more in some odd cases,

1- do she become unclean? what is the meaning of "unclen?

2- have she not to touch any thing, cup, plate, bed sheet, her husband, or here son...? what if she touched any?

3- what will happen if the Jew didn't clean the "uncleaned" property and used it again?

plz if you can, back up your answers by verses

Hello, Yael

how do some one become a Jew?

Shalom Ahmad_73!

In order for one to be come a Jew, he or she must convert. Reform, Conservative and Orthdox movements have different requirements. I'll explain the Orthodox, Conservative and 'Conservadox' (conservative closer to Orthodox than Reform) requirements.

Jewish tradition holds that God loves the convert more than the born Jew, however, the conversion process is not simply making a declaration of faith. Judaism is not just a religion, it is a covenant between God and the Jewish people. This is a serious matter so it is important that the convert understands what it means to be Jewish, is prepared to take on the responsibilities of the covenant and is willing to fulfill them.

The convert must have a sincere desire to convert to Judaism. He or she will have to study Judaism (Jewish law, Hebrew, Jewish beliefs and practices) and submit assignments or attend classes, move to a Jewish community, keep kosher and observe shabbat, participate in weekly services and Jewish holidays, basically live as a Jew in training usually for a year or more. When the Rabbi who is overseeing the progress feels that the convert is ready, they will be brought before a Bet Din (rabbinical court) who will interview the candidate.

The candidate must

• show that they sincerely and freely choose to enter the covenant between God and the poeople of israel.
  • accept Judaism to the exclusion of all other religious faiths and practices.
  • pledge your loyalty to Judaism and to the Jewish people under all circumstances.
  • commit to the pursuit of Torah and Jewish knowledge.
  • promise to raise their children as Jews.

If the Bet Din believes that the candidate understands what it means to be Jewish and is sincere, they will proceed with the conversion.

Convert take on a Hebrew name and must immerse in the mikveh (ritual bath) and men must be circumcised. If the male convert is already circumcised, he must undergo a symbolic circumcision where a drop of blood is exctracted. Converts also taken on a Jewish name. They will then be issued with a conversion certificate.

The convert is a Jew for life and children born to a Jewish female convert are considered just as Jewish as any other Jew, however the Orthodox community does not recognise Reform or Conservative conversions.

Edited by Yael

We don't believe in the Quran so I have no interest in what it says.

This is an Islamic forum. You musty show an interest in learning about Islam to keep your membership, otherwise we assume you're here either to preach your own faith, or to attack ours. We will not allow you to do either.

• Like 1

This is an Islamic forum. You musty show an interest in learning about Islam to keep your membership, otherwise we assume you're here either to preach your own faith, or to attack ours. We will not allow you to do either.

True, displaying no interest in the foundational document of Islam is probably not the best way to learn about Islam.

I did have a question though. What do Jews think about the New Testament of Christians? Do you find it offensive or feel something else?

Shalom!

Thanks for asking. I’m glad you have taken this opportunity to learn!

- Judaism is a monotheistic religion as you know. Jews are required to live righteously and obey the 613 commands of the Torah, which includes loving God and loving your neighbor; this is the covenant between God and the Jewish people.

During the first century B.C.E. a great rabbi named Hillel was asked to sum up Judaism while standing on one foot. He replied: "Certainly! What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. The rest is commentary, now go and study." (Talmud Shabbat 31A.)

The ’13 principles of faith’ summarize the core beliefs, however liberal movements have a different approach to some of these principles:

1. Belief in the existence of the Creator, who is perfect in every manner of existence and is the Primary Cause of all that exists.

2. The belief in G-d's absolute and unparalleled unity.

3. The belief in G-d's non-corporeality, nor that He will be affected by any physical occurrences, such as movement, or rest, or dwelling.

4. The belief in G-d's eternity.

5. The imperative to worship G-d exclusively and no foreign false gods.

6. The belief that G-d communicates with man through prophecy.

7. The belief in the primacy of the prophecy of Moses our teacher.

8. The belief in the divine origin of the Torah.

9. The belief in the immutability of the Torah.

10. The belief in G-d's omniscience and providence.

11. The belief in divine reward and retribution.

12. The belief in the arrival of the Messiah and the messianic era.

13. The belief in the resurrection of the dead.

- The Torah was given to Moses by God and preserved over the centuries. No, it hasn't changed, and if you're making that accusation the onus is on you to prove it, not me.

- Well, it depends on the non-Jew. I do not dislike or hate non-Jews.

We don't believe that God hates non-Jews or that we should. We are not instructed to hate non-Jews in the Torah, not even the Egyptians. All humans were created in "b'tzelem Elohim, the image of Gd. There are some revered and respected non-Jewish figures in the Bible such as Ruth (ancestor of King David), and Balaam the prophet. Hashem is the God of all people and we are all God's children.

The difference between Jews and non-Jews are our obligations. Jews are required to observe the 613 mitzvot (commands) of the Torah whereas non-Jews are not. We are chosen because we accepted the Torah and our duty is to fulfill the obligations of the covenant, repairing the world and make HaShem known to the nations. We are the light to the nations – a light which leads to God. One tradition holds that HaShem chose the Jewish nation not because they were great and mighty, but because they were small and lowly (Deuteronomy 7:7), and success in our mission would be attributed to God and not our own might for this reason.

- The way to ‘salvation’ or inheriting a place in the world to come is living a rightous life. You can be a Jew or a non-Jew. Judaism, unlike Islam and Christianity, does not teach that non-believers (or non-Jews) will go to hell for not being Jewish. Righteous non-Jews will inherit the world to come as well.

Non-Jews are not required to fulfill the obligations of the Torah in order to inherit a place in the world to come as this is a covenant between HaShem and the Jewish people. They may convert if they wish to enter the covenant, however the Noahide laws are what is the minimum requirement for non-Jews:

- HaShem promised the Jewish people return from exile to the ancestral land. One of the requirements of the Messiah is that he must gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to israel.

There are some Haredim (a.k.a Ultra-Orthodox Jews) in israel and the diaspora who do not believe that israel should have been re-established by Zionists because they believe that the Messiah should undertake this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oeB3QhX2RI

and another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA5is7IcEqA

Then there are the Zionists who believe that Jews have the right to inhabit israel as it the land promised to them, and that Jews should have their own state where they can live freely and be protected from persecution. Some also believe that this will hasten the coming fo the Messiah.

Your point is? Moses did not use or know the terms ‘Islam’ or ‘Muslim’ or ‘Sharia’ either so I can easily use your own reasoning against you. The term ‘Judaism’ is English, and I doubt Moses knew English as it didn’t even exist back then.

then why do you call it judaism if Moses di not know that term???

Islam is named by God in quran, and God called muslims long before Muhammed

jesus was also a muslim

Jesus said the word "Muslim" in Luke 6:40, and told others to be a Muslim:

hebrew_2.gif

Aramaic translated into Hebrew: "Ein talmeed na'leh 'al rabbo; shekken kal adam she'MUSHLAM yihyeh k'rabbo."

Translation in English: "No student can be above his teacher, but everyone that is a MUSLIM, can be as his teacher."

The Torah was given to Moses by God and preserved over the centuries. No, it hasn't changed, and if you're making that accusation the onus is on you to prove it, not me.

torah itself denies that

look

Torah

Deuteronomy 34

5 And Moses the servant of the Lord died there in Moab, as the Lord had said. 6 He buried him[a] in Moab, in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but to this day no one knows where his grave is. 7 Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone. 8 The israelites grieved for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days, until the time of weeping and mourning was over.

explain to people how can God give moses these verses while he is still alive And Moses the servant of the Lord died there in Moab, as the Lord had said

this is past time not present or future stuff.

B"H

4. Ask, don't badger!

Can't wait!

Shalom!

Why do most of the Jews lack good character and good manners?

beacuse they think that they are chosen people of God, so they feel to proud, and then they tramp on everybody, that is my opinion.

beacuse they think that they are chosen people of God, so they feel to proud, and then they tramp on everybody, that is my opinion.

The latter part is not exactly true.

That seems like a hazardous estimation to make. How is it you are aware of how most Jews behave unless you have met most Jews? I will not even hazard a guess as to how we are to quantify good character and manners in such a manner as to take the next step in such an estimation.