Islamic Forum
fauzullah

Conversation With A Non-Muslim

Assalaamualaikum

I will like to highlight a theory about a conversation with a non-muslim.It is a simple conversation which made the non-muslim ponder.

Non-Muslim: I do not think that Islam is the true religion.

Me: Why is that so?

Non-muslim: How can it be when its history with your Prohet(saw) is only 1400 years old.Its practically a new religion in terms of history compared to older religion like christianity,hindhuism etc etc.Surely the older religions hold more truth and is better than a new one.

Me:So You do admit that Islam is the latest religion

Non-Muslim:Yes

Me: Then all the more you should believe Islam is the ultimate religion of TRUTH and Allah(Subh) is the only God.

Non-Muslim:Why is that so?

Me; You wear clothes following the latest trends,change phones following the latest technology,and drive the latest model of car.Everthing that is latest human beings want part of it.Why?

Non-muslim: Cause the latest form of creation is the best.

Me: Then Islam being the latest religion of all religions to make the greatest impact in the world is the best of all religions and is the Ultimate Truth.

When the Quran was completed,Allah(subh) said:O Muhammad,Today I have perfected the religion for you.

PropellerAds

That won't work. I do not know of anyone who would say the second non-muslim line. Also, it is untrue that Islam is the latest religion. Mormonism, Bahai, and other religious belief systems are newer.

Also,it is questionable that being newer automatically makes things better. Wine is not improved for being newer, and neither are many other things.

That won't work. I do not know of anyone who would say the second non-muslim line. Also, it is untrue that Islam is the latest religion. Mormonism, Bahai, and other religious belief systems are newer.

Also,it is questionable that being newer automatically makes things better. Wine is not improved for being newer, and neither are many other things.

Hi Sad clown,I apologize that I couldnt reply earlier cause Im restricted to post only 3 time per day and Im bemused by your allegation that just because you do not know of anyone who would say the second non-muslim line doesn't means no one would say it.The one who put the question to me was a christian trying to asert that her older religion was better.Likewise she was stunned at my reply.

And yes,Mormonism, Bahai, and other religious belief systems are newer but didn't I quote that "Then Islam being the latest religion of all religions to make the greatest impact in the world is the best of all religions and is the Ultimate Truth"

What do I mean by greatest impact? It travelled to all 4 corners of the world having large numbers of followers and converts.Islam has american muslims,european muslims,indian muslims,chinese muslims,japanese muslims,african muslims etc etc I can go on and on .

Has the newer belief systems attain this phenomenonal status? My answer is NO.I see that you are from Texas.There are figures in your country that America has the fastest number of muslim converts per yer and the number is rising.Has the newer belief systems able to reach the hearts of humans in America or for a fact the world like Islam?My answer is an astounding NO.

Yes,it is questionable that being newer automatically makes things better.You are implying and comparing religion to wine and many other things which is not made better cause their original form is better?For your info,new age wine from australia which is stored at 3- 6 months are fast gaining popularity among wine collectors among the world contributing to rising sales.But that not my point.

Let me kindly put this across to you,there is no basis of comparing Islam to any other things that can't be improved in the world.Example:What happens if you were to drink 10 glasses of wine in 30 mins?You probably will be flushed with redness.Add another 10 glasses every half hour till you reach the end of 5 hours.I think you probably will drop dead with intoxication or will be admitted in ER department with doctors trying to resucitate your vital organs!

Now lets take the same theory with Islam which comand us to pray 5 times per day and advise us to do additional prayers like Tahajjud prayer that will strengthen one's will power.

If you were to pray 10 times for half an hour or sit in a meditative state performing zikhr for 5 hours,the end result is enlightment of the soul and the feeling of being close to God.I hope this clarifies your doubts.

As for now I need to go as there is a sister who is questioning why we must pray 5 times a day and I will like to reply her.

Hi Sad clown,I apologize that I couldnt reply earlier cause Im restricted to post only 3 time per day and Im bemused by your allegation that just because you do not know of anyone who would say the second non-muslim line doesn't means no one would say it.The one who put the question to me was a christian trying to asert that her older religion was better.Likewise she was stunned at my reply.

And yes,Mormonism, Bahai, and other religious belief systems are newer but didn't I quote that "Then Islam being the latest religion of all religions to make the greatest impact in the world is the best of all religions and is the Ultimate Truth"

What do I mean by greatest impact? It travelled to all 4 corners of the world having large numbers of followers and converts.Islam has american muslims,european muslims,indian muslims,chinese muslims,japanese muslims,african muslims etc etc I can go on and on .

Has the newer belief systems attain this phenomenonal status? My answer is NO.I see that you are from Texas.There are figures in your country that America has the fastest number of muslim converts per yer and the number is rising.Has the newer belief systems able to reach the hearts of humans in America or for a fact the world like Islam?My answer is an astounding NO.

Yes,it is questionable that being newer automatically makes things better.You are implying and comparing religion to wine and many other things which is not made better cause their original form is better?For your info,new age wine from australia which is stored at 3- 6 months are fast gaining popularity among wine collectors among the world contributing to rising sales.But that not my point.

Let me kindly put this across to you,there is no basis of comparing Islam to any other things that can't be improved in the world.Example:What happens if you were to drink 10 glasses of wine in 30 mins?You probably will be flushed with redness.Add another 10 glasses every half hour till you reach the end of 5 hours.I think you probably will drop dead with intoxication or will be admitted in ER department with doctors trying to resucitate your vital organs!

Now lets take the same theory with Islam which comand us to pray 5 times per day and advise us to do additional prayers like Tahajjud prayer that will strengthen one's will power.

If you were to pray 10 times for half an hour or sit in a meditative state performing zikhr for 5 hours,the end result is enlightment of the soul and the feeling of being close to God.I hope this clarifies your doubts.

As for now I need to go as there is a sister who is questioning why we must pray 5 times a day and I will like to reply her.

Truly brother this reasoning generally makes no sense at all. Not from the facts nor from intelligence. This is not the way Islaam is proven.

The messenger of ALLAAH (S+) said " Jews became 71 major sects; Christians 72; and my ummah (people, nation, followers) will become 73... everyone going to hellfire except one."

Dear fauzullah,

For what it might be worth to you, Jesus (Isa) says, in Mthw 7:13-14, regarding following the way of the "truth" (the way to Allah), "Enter ye in at the straight gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

Dear al amiyr

Sad clown was trying to compare Islam with "wine and many other things which is not made better cause their original form is better" which I find derragotary and of no valid basis.I wasn't trying to prove that Islam is proven this way.

I was just trying to put across my point of view that you cannot compare "wine and many other things" with Islam.You have your knowledge and I have mine.You have your opinion and I have mine.But to chacticise my reasoning as lack of sense,facts or intellegience shows a low level of judgement and sense in you.Im more than capable of holding my facts.

I will like to give facts on your quote on

The messenger of ALLAAH (S+) said " Jews became 71 major sects; Christians 72; and my ummah (people, nation, followers) will become 73... everyone going to hellfire except one."

Yet, out of the thousands of these narrations, there is not one in which Prophet (s) ever cursed the individuals he knew were going to slaughter his family. Instead, he ate with them, he prayed with them, he prayed for them, he fasted with them and he lived his life with the knowledge that one day they would kill his grandchildren. Imagine if anyone of us knew that someone close to us would one day kill our children or our grandchildren - we would immediately do something to stop it. But it is a testament to the greatness of Sayedina Muhammad (s) that his level of submission is beyond imagination, and that is why God is saying, “this Messenger I have sent to you is of a tremendous nature. He is unlike anything in creation.”

Imam Hussein (as) also had foreknowledge of future events because he is inheriting from the heart of Sayedina Muhammad (s). He knew what was going to happen at Karbala. If you think he didn’t know, then you have already diminished his station. Therefore, there is no need for division over those events – he knew what was going to take place and he wanted that station to intercede for creation on the Day of Judgement. The people of Kufa came to Sayedina Hussein (as) and asked for his help. They were a people who had been deceptive in the past and those close to Imam Hussein (as) warned him not to go, but Imam Hussein (as) stood for truth and justice. If someone asked for his help he never turned them away. So against all advice, he took his family and several companions and proceeded to Kufa, but his companions were right.

At Karbala he was surrounded by 10,000 people, the same people who had asked for his help, and on Ashura, the 10th of Muharram,

they slaughtered 72 members of the family of Imam Hussein (as), 73 including himself.

Young boys who could barely lift a sword jumped to defend him and were immediately killed. With no access to water in the blistering heat of the desert, Imam Hussein (as) desperately appealed for water to quench the thirst of his infant son, but instead they shot an arrow into the baby’s neck, killing him and soaking Imam Hussein in the blood of his own child. When you sacrifice an animal, it is a matter of Divine law that you provide it with water because as the blood drains the sensation of thirst is overwhelming. But their hearts were so hard that they didn’t even grant the family of Imam Hussein (as) this small mercy. He pleaded with them to return to their senses, asking them how they could recite la illaha ill Allah Muhammadun RasulAllah, how they could accept the Messenger and then turn around and slaughter Messenger‘s family?

But from the knowledge of saints, they are teaching us don‘t under estimate the station of Imam Hussein. Prophet (s) said that his nation would be split into 73 groups.

72 groups would be on the wrong way, and

1 group would be the correct way.

Sayedina Hussein (as) knew this reality, and his desire was to intercede for those 72 on the Day of Judgement.

He’s saying, “the key that unlocks the door of intercession for these 72 groups was forged with my life.

From this reality, saints are teaching us “don’t curse anyone!” You must love Prophet (s), you must love his government, you must love his family and all of creation. Imam Hussein (as) is saying, “Don’t say death took me by surprise! Don’t curse the people who did it! Why are you cursing them? So that I couldn’t be Shuhada?? So we wouldn’t have that key? I sacrificed myself for you!” These were huge saints with incredible power.

They didn‘t grant water to Imam Hussein, thinking that they could somehow deny a saint and an inheritor of the blood and light of Sayedina Muhammad (s). Impossible! How Imam Hussein (as) is inheriting from the Kawthar in Paradise, but he can‘t make a prayer to God for water? He didn’t because he is showing his station.

Dear al amiyr

Sad clown was trying to compare Islam with "wine and many other things which is not made better cause their original form is better" which I find derragotary and of no valid basis.I wasn't trying to prove that Islam is proven this way.

I was just trying to put across my point of view that you cannot compare "wine and many other things" with Islam.You have your knowledge and I have mine.You have your opinion and I have mine.But to chacticise my reasoning as lack of sense,facts or intellegience shows a low level of judgement and sense in you.Im more than capable of holding my facts.

Yet, out of the thousands of these narrations, there is not one in which Prophet (s) ever cursed the individuals he knew were going to slaughter his family. Instead, he ate with them, he prayed with them, he prayed for them, he fasted with them and he lived his life with the knowledge that one day they would kill his grandchildren. Imagine if anyone of us knew that someone close to us would one day kill our children or our grandchildren - we would immediately do something to stop it. But it is a testament to the greatness of Sayedina Muhammad (s) that his level of submission is beyond imagination, and that is why God is saying, “this Messenger I have sent to you is of a tremendous nature. He is unlike anything in creation.”

Imam Hussein (as) also had foreknowledge of future events because he is inheriting from the heart of Sayedina Muhammad (s). He knew what was going to happen at Karbala. If you think he didn’t know, then you have already diminished his station. Therefore, there is no need for division over those events – he knew what was going to take place and he wanted that station to intercede for creation on the Day of Judgement. The people of Kufa came to Sayedina Hussein (as) and asked for his help. They were a people who had been deceptive in the past and those close to Imam Hussein (as) warned him not to go, but Imam Hussein (as) stood for truth and justice. If someone asked for his help he never turned them away. So against all advice, he took his family and several companions and proceeded to Kufa, but his companions were right.

At Karbala he was surrounded by 10,000 people, the same people who had asked for his help, and on Ashura, the 10th of Muharram,

they slaughtered 72 members of the family of Imam Hussein (as), 73 including himself.

Young boys who could barely lift a sword jumped to defend him and were immediately killed. With no access to water in the blistering heat of the desert, Imam Hussein (as) desperately appealed for water to quench the thirst of his infant son, but instead they shot an arrow into the baby’s neck, killing him and soaking Imam Hussein in the blood of his own child. When you sacrifice an animal, it is a matter of Divine law that you provide it with water because as the blood drains the sensation of thirst is overwhelming. But their hearts were so hard that they didn’t even grant the family of Imam Hussein (as) this small mercy. He pleaded with them to return to their senses, asking them how they could recite la illaha ill Allah Muhammadun RasulAllah, how they could accept the Messenger and then turn around and slaughter Messenger‘s family?

But from the knowledge of saints, they are teaching us don‘t under estimate the station of Imam Hussein. Prophet (s) said that his nation would be split into 73 groups.

Sayedina Hussein (as) knew this reality, and his desire was to intercede for those 72 on the Day of Judgement.

He’s saying, “the key that unlocks the door of intercession for these 72 groups was forged with my life.

From this reality, saints are teaching us “don’t curse anyone!” You must love Prophet (s), you must love his government, you must love his family and all of creation. Imam Hussein (as) is saying, “Don’t say death took me by surprise! Don’t curse the people who did it! Why are you cursing them? So that I couldn’t be Shuhada?? So we wouldn’t have that key? I sacrificed myself for you!” These were huge saints with incredible power.

They didn‘t grant water to Imam Hussein, thinking that they could somehow deny a saint and an inheritor of the blood and light of Sayedina Muhammad (s). Impossible! How Imam Hussein (as) is inheriting from the Kawthar in Paradise, but he can‘t make a prayer to God for water? He didn’t because he is showing his station.

Dear al amiyr

Dear Fauzullah

I do not think the sad clown was doing that. He was making a general comparison which from his point of view is perfectly not a problem. He is a respected member of this forum who many times stood up and explained Islaam correctly to not only non Muslims but also Muslims and many times defended the Prophet (S+) of Islaam. Who knows He might still become by the will of ALLAAH one of the greatest of Muslims. It was because of the sad clown that I decided to join the forum as well.

How I wish I could discuss this matter with you in all its details. If it was not that this could lead to sectarian discussions then I would have begun already.

You have the right to present your arguments of how you feel Islaam should be presented. That I concede but you have also made many generalizations.

In coming posts or threads I shall present answers to your generalizations inshaa allaah.

I see. Then I can understand the basis of your argument. However, I think my warning still holds, for it is a naive Christian who would make such an argument, and a more knowledgeable one will not find it difficult to overcome the argument you put forward.

But if this is the case, then you cannot compare it with new technology, for the latest technology is not ubiquitous, and so the comparison fails. And since this was the basis of your argument for Islam being the best, this would seem to weaken the force of your argument. It was only after you had made the argument that you then qualified your statement, and the qualification doesn't hold true for the things you were using to make comparisons.

Yes,it is questionable that being newer automatically makes things better.

Doesn't that do harm to your argument?

That wasn't the point of the comparison. I could have just as easily mentioned cheese. Heck, my wife is Korean, I could have mentioned kimchee, but I sought an example that was familiar to everyone. Or concrete. Concrete actually gets harder and increases in strength with age. It can take decades, even centuries, for concrete to fully cure and achieve its maximum strength.

Assalamualaikum,

Maybe Brother fauzullah wanted to say that Islam has the latest revelations from Allah,Quran,and "updating" former revelations in Zabur,Taurat,and Injil,that is why it is the best.

It is the same like android. Jelly bean (version 4.1) will have several updates and better performance than gingerbread (version 2.3). And humans will tend to choose the latest version because it has less bugs and errors. Same as Quran.

It fixed the "bugs" and "errors" in previous revelations and Allah has sealed it as final and latest "update" of revelation for all mankind.

But I must correct you too,Brother fauzullah,that Islam is not a new religion. Islam has been there since the first human,Adam,and Allah just "updated" the "version" of revelations/holy book just like those updates on android because human's culture changed over time. Read this verse from Prophet Abrahaham (pbuh)'s time:

And this was the legacy

that Abraham left to his sons, and so did

Jacob; “Oh my sons! Allah hath chosen the

Faith for you; then die not except in the

Faith of Islam.” (2:132)

Just like any versions of android which have many names but its platform is still called "android",Allah's religion is Islam although the holy book and prophet are different.

I hope it will enlight all of you :)

Wassalam

Edited by Raihanna