Islamic Forum
SaracenSoldier

United States Breaking Apart?

US election: Unhappy Americans ask to secede from US

More than 100,000 Americans have petitioned the White House to allow their states to secede from the US, after President Barack Obama's re-election.

The appeals were filed on the White House's We the People website.

Most of the 20 states with petitions voted for Republican Mitt Romney.

The US constitution contains no provisions for states to secede from the union. By Monday night the White House had not responded.

In total, more than 20 petitions have been filed. One for Texas has reached the 25,000-signature threshold at which the White House promises a response.

'Blatant abuses'

The last time states officially seceded, the US Civil War followed.

Most of the petitions merely quote the opening line of America's Declaration of Independence from Britain, in which America's founders stated their right to "dissolve the political bands" and form a new nation.

Currently, the most popular petition is from Texas, which voted for Mr Romney by some 15 percentage points more than it did for the Democratic incumbent.

The text complains of "blatant abuses" of Americans' rights.

It cites the Transportation Security Administration, whose staff have been accused of intrusive screening at airports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-20301477

• Like 1

PropellerAds

Assalamualaikum,

Ah, finally US is breaking apart? What took it so long? :D

I can see why people dislike it : war policy and freedom without limitation. Also the tendency to act like the world's police. Maybe it will be like Soviet Union or worse. I guess arrogance will never stay too long in this world. Allah dislikes arrogance.

"And turn not your face away from

men with pride, nor walk in insolence

through the earth. Verily, Allah likes

not each arrogant boaster." (31:18)

Well, can't do anything from here. Just watching this soap opera while eating my popcorn and pray :D

Wassalam

Edited by Raihanna

Honestly, it won't ever happen. These petitions are merely symbolic gestures, and foolish ones at that in my opinion. None of the governors of these states are willing to secede because the only one of the states with a petition that could possibly survive on its own economically...is Texas. Most of the other states are almost completely bankrupt and rely on Federal funds.

Now understand this, before I reverted, I was very involved politically (formerly in the Republican Party as one of their activists until the Iraq War). I am one who has always believed in states' rights here as it is called (one of the reasons I tend to support libertarians politically). But this is, in my opinion, just blatant stupidity. Most of my friends and I didn't like Obama winning re-election, but we figured it would be best to work to change the system as it is. There were good things in this election. Three of the worst Islamophobes (not all of them though) were defeated soundly. Not just by Muslims but by everyone. Our hope is that we can put enough pressure on President Obama to convince him to stop supporting apartheid and let the Palestinian state be upgraded at the UN. We want him to stop drone attacks in sovereign countries where we have no business dictating who lives or dies.

There are a lot of problems in the US yes, but the one thing that has always happened is that people have come together to solve those before. Hopefully, that will happen.

• Like 2

I have seen many anti-Obama Americans recently. But never expected this. Still, I don't believe that such a thing will happen in the near future.

Every year garners talk of secession all around the U.S. Every year, secessionist movements never gain enough support to actually go forward. There are petitions for secession every year, just like there are calls for an Article V Constitutional Convention that never seem to gain any traction. You can even look up north in Canada where Quebec always has people clamoring for secession. The UK sees Scotland wanting to be more autonomous. Separatists in India are a thorn in their government's side.

The fact is, secession is a very risky move that can easily eat up precious resources in a Civil War, as what happened to the United States in the 1860s. The threat of another civil war usually squashes talk of secession anywhere in the U.S.

You're right Wanderer. What most of these ignorant people who are signing the petitions for secession don't understand is the economics of it as well. They are wanting to secede because they have been told their taxes are going up and so forth. The simple fact is that if these states actually managed to secede, guess what? They'd have to pay MUCH higher taxes in order for the state to not be bankrupt. People don't realize how much they are protected under the Constitution and the Federal government until it is too late.

Case in point, New Jersey. Chris Christie was a diehard pro-Romney and very anti-Obama governor before Sandy hit. However, when Sandy hit, Christie put aside his political rhetoric and focused on doing his job serving the people of his state. He also praised Obama because the President did his job to take care of the people who were devastated by the storm. From that point on, Christie was focused on recovering from the storm and didn't say anything bad about Obama, knowing that without Federal support, New Jersey would not be able to recover.

Why? Like most of the states petitioning for secession (or their citizens at least), New Jersey was for all intents and purposes bankrupt. They had no way to pay for recovery and rebuilding, which the Federal government is helping them do. Even one of my most conservative Republican friends said that anyone who attacks the Federal government's disaster relief efforts is an idiot.

And most of the Republican governors of these states also know they couldn't possibly be able to actually carry through a Civil War against the government. Not to mention that a US civil war would destabilize most the rest of the world and likely lead to even worse atrocities than those occurring right now.

Indeed , the petitions are meaningless , as are the reasons given a charade .But what is the charade ? Racism . There is and always have been a racist element in the US . You can never eradicate racism completely ,in ANY society . The U.S. is no exception. Yes the petitions are also symbolic , of the attitude regarding a Blackman in the WhiteHouse. To some , that is unacceptable . There will be no secession .

I hate to dash ANY hopes that it will happen , but that is just another pipedream of those petitioning it and those hoping for it . The peacefull transition of power will continue just as it has since the Civil War .and the century preceeding it . The Republicans will get ver their tantrums and disappointment .

Assalamualaikum,

Ah, finally US is breaking apart? What took it so long? :D

I can see why people dislike it : war policy and freedom without limitation. Also the tendency to act like the world's police. Maybe it will be like Soviet Union or worse. I guess arrogance will never stay too long in this world. Allah dislikes arrogance.

"And turn not your face away from

men with pride, nor walk in insolence

through the earth. Verily, Allah likes

not each arrogant boaster." (31:18)

Well, can't do anything from here. Just watching this soap opera while eating my popcorn and pray :D

Wassalam

There are "other soap opera's" happening as we speak , which are more appropriate and worthy of prayer ....like Syria , Sudan , Somalia , Myanmar , Egypt Pakistan and Libya .

There are "other soap opera's" happening as we speak , which are more appropriate and worthy of prayer ....like Syria , Sudan , Somalia , Myanmar , Egypt Pakistan and Libya .

At least they are not responsible for another soap opera outside their regions unlike US which is responsible to soap opera in Afganistan, Iraq, Syria, etc. Just wait, arrogance will not lead it anywhere other than demise, sooner or later. After financial crisis, natural disaster, threat to secede and what next...? Can't wait! I will be a good spectator (while praying) :D

Edited by Raihanna

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/secession-petitions-now-filed-50-states-183500440.html

Secession petitions now filed for all 50 states

just figured ya'll would want the update. The numbers are increasing not decreasing.

Assalamualaikum,

Thanks for the information, Brother. 50 states now want to secede? This soap opera is now getting interesting! :D I keep praying, though

Wassalam

Every Empire that has fought with Islam has ended up really bad. From The Romans and Persians to the Mongols(who actually embraced Islam) and recently the Soviet Union. The United States is at war with God. Not only is she attacking Islam but every sins that the nations of previous Prophets were destroyed for can be found in the US. Promotion of homosexuality, usury, etc etc. On top of that their crimes against humanity.

Allah knows best but it looked like Hurricane Sandy was a punishment but also a warning to the US from Allah. You guys might say well no the US is not going to break apart because of this reason and that reason but you are forgetting that if Allah wills something it will happen no matter what. This is why I still think the US will end up badly one way or another. All tyrants do.

• Like 1

Every Empire that has fought with Islam has ended up really bad. From The Romans and Persians to the Mongols(who actually embraced Islam) and recently the Soviet Union. The United States is at war with God. Not only is she attacking Islam but every sins that the nations of previous Prophets were destroyed for can be found in the US. Promotion of homosexuality, usury, etc etc. On top of that their crimes against humanity.

Allah knows best but it looked like Hurricane Sandy was a punishment but also a warning to the US from Allah. You guys might say well no the US is not going to break apart because of this reason and that reason but you are forgetting that if Allah wills something it will happen no matter what. This is why I still think the US will end up badly one way or another. All tyrants do.

I'm pretty sure the Roman Empire ended in the 5th century, roughly 200 years before the birth of Muhammad. The Roman Empire did put down Jewish revolts, however. Sure, the Byzantine Empire flourished for another 1000 years, but it split with the western empire before Rome fell. Hurricanes also happen due to a complex interaction of solar activity, air molecules, and warm ocean currents. A tyrant is also an individual, not a collective entity.

I'm telling you that talks of secession of various states and portions of states within the United States have been going on since the founding of the republic. The only way you'd have actual moves toward secession would be to get a significant minority of the population in a state to clamor for it. Due to the large amount of bread and circuses extant in the country, I really don't see that happening in the near future, if at all.

Edited by Wanderer

At least they are not responsible for another soap opera outside their regions unlike US which is responsible to soap opera in Afganistan, Iraq, Syria, etc. Just wait, arrogance will not lead it anywhere other than demise, sooner or later. After financial crisis, natural disaster, threat to secede and what next...? Can't wait! I will be a good spectator (while praying) :D

Clean your own kichen before criticizing others .Your prayers seem to be misguided. Think about that before pretending to be so sanctimonious with your "prayers " . It could be argued that prayers like yours border on blasphemy.

And Rihanna , just to keep the record straight , Pakistan's ISI , created the Taliban mainly to harrasss India in Kashmir ,and the monster they created took over Afghanisan where the Taliban allowed Al Queda to operate on its soil , where they planned and executed the 9/11 attack on the United States .

You may not like all that has happened since , nor do I ....but It was ALL initiated by that act of Terrorism which was first attempted in 1993 , a similar plot uncovered in the Phillipines in 1997 involving Al Queda , the Kobar Towers Bombing , The two American Embassies bombed in Kenya and Tanzania , the attack on the USS Cole , the London and Madrid Bombings , hardly indicated a position of innocence .

Those two wars , in Irag and Afghanistan would not have come about had there been no 9/11 atatck . Cause and effect Rihanna , everthing has consequences , be they good or bad .

Edited by Aligarr

Yes Aligarr, and the United States and the CIA created Al Qaeda. So essentially, the US by that standard was responsible itself for 9/11 and so forth. If you want to use that same argument.

I'm not talking about the theories that exist that it was an inside job. I'm talking 9/11 as it exists in the majority of American's minds.

• Like 1

The monster they created took over Afghanisan where the Taliban allowed Al Queda to operate on its soil , where they planned and executed tjhe 9/11 attack on the United States . You may not like all that has happened since , nor do I ....but I was ALL initiated by that act of Terrorism whgich bwas first attempted in 1993 , a similar plot uncovered in the Phillipines in 1997 involving Al Queda , the Kobar Towers Bombing , The two American Embassies bombed in Kenya and Tanzania , the attack on the USS Cole , the London and Madrid Bombings ,

Nightingale , yes the US and the CIA created Al Queda , in that it funded the Mujahadeen in fighting the Soviets . So in your thinking , THAT in effect caused 9/11 ?

That's a real stretch , totally devoid of critical thinking and common sense . btw most people in the US , which obviously does not include you , know it was Al Queda under bin Laden , and operating out of Afghanistan that committed the terrorist acts on 9/11 .

The CIA and the U.S. had nothing to do with it .

Clean your own kichen before criticizing others .Your prayers seem to be misguided. Think about that before pretending to be so sanctimonious with your "prayers " . It could be argued that prayers like yours border on blasphemy.

What "kitchen" did you mean? Because neither my country or I destroy another's country by false accusation; allow devilish acts like insulting prophet of a religion, burning holy book, or spreading phobia towards a religion; protect misguided people like LGBT; interfere another country's business; act like the rightest super hero on earth (while it is not); or support massacre in a region. If you don't know, US support israel in destroying Palestine right now, technically killing many innocent civillians. Read this :

http://news.antiwar.com/2012/11/14/us-supports-israeli-attack-on-gaza-strip/

So, that is the face of country you are proud with : a supporter of massacre

Yes, Allah will not answer bad prayer, but on a special occasion, He allows it, even He promised to grant it sooner or later, ie prayer from those who are humiliated or suffered because of another's bad actions. I use this kind of prayer because I know what US has done to muslim world. It is not sanctimonious, but proper behaviour of religious people, depending on God or Allah by praying. So I find it amusing for you to be irritated because it is my right to pray for anything. You can do the same if you want, if you have any gods, though :D

And Rihanna , just to keep the record straight , Pakistan's ISI , created the Taliban mainly to harrasss India in Kashmir ,and the monster they created took over Afghanisan where the Taliban allowed Al Queda to operate on its soil , where they planned and executed the 9/11 attack on the United States .

You may not like all that has happened since , nor do I ....but It was ALL initiated by that act of Terrorism which was first attempted in 1993 , a similar plot uncovered in the Phillipines in 1997 involving Al Queda , the Kobar Towers Bombing , The two American Embassies bombed in Kenya and Tanzania , the attack on the USS Cole , the London and Madrid Bombings , hardly indicated a position of innocence .

Those two wars , in Irag and Afghanistan would not have come about had there been no 9/11 atatck . Cause and effect Rihanna , everthing has consequences , be they good or bad .

First, I must tell you that my name is Raihanna not Rihanna. It is the name of western singer while Raihanna is Islamic name.

About your case, why don't you read :

www.independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/fisk/robert-fisk-even-i-question-the-truth-about-911-462904.html

www.prisonplanet.com/articles/september2006/070906insidejob.htm

www.911truth.org/

http://ae911truth.org

www.globalresearch.ca/the-truth-behind-9-11-who-is-osama-bin-laden/3198

And I must remind you that US attacked Iraq because of its mass destruction weapon that proved to be false accusation.

So yeah, I will keep praying and hoping from here

Edited by Raihanna
  • Like 1

Nightingale , yes the US and the CIA created Al Queda , in that it funded the Mujahadeen in fighting the Soviets . So in your thinking , THAT in effect caused 9/11 ?

That's a real stretch , totally devoid of critical thinking and common sense . btw most people in the US , which obviously does not include you , know it was Al Queda under bin Laden , and operating out of Afghanistan that committed the terrorist acts on 9/11 .

The CIA and the U.S. had nothing to do with it .

People like you are why everyone thinks the U.S. is declining in education. If you train a man to do a thing, like they did specifically with Bin Laden himself then you can't devoid yourself of responsibility when he does just that thing. Bin Laden was trained to make bombs, Al Qaeda was created by the CIA and put into the hands of Bin Laden by the same people. That is hardly a stretch. Anti-American sentiments are not only prevalent but some might argue understandable. Although I would argue that you were likely a die hard Republican ready to bow down blindly behind a flag instead of realizing the atrocities that have been committed in the name of so called Patriotism ignoring things like original intent in the framing of the constitution. When you use people to fight your wars for you ( that would be a proxy war ) it is possible that they will retain that information and possibly use it against you.

The world as a majority is in poverty and that poverty level is growing daily including large portions of the western world while the U.S. is feasting ( metaphorically speaking and literally speaking). We, as the U.S., have a great potential within the guidelines of the constitution but that will never occur as long as we continue this system of greed, and coveting. But, I do like to learn so then do tell me what was going on in Pakistan at the time that they created the Taliban. Who were they fighting against? What was their 'cause'?

• Like 1

Abdullahfath , you are thus assuming that Bin laden AND Al Queda were nothing more than trained animals , and thus by training them to fight off their enemy the Soviets ...that in effect makes the US responsible for 9/11 .

LOLOL...and you seek to demean MY EDUCATION ?

No I am Not a Republican , I voted for Obama both times ...I have NEVER been a Republican OR Democrat , I'm a registered Independent .

I have a flag in fact I have flag pole on which it flies 24/7/365 with a light for nightime ....../I respect the flag , but I do not BOW DOWN BEHIND IT >

Your argument that if the US used the mujahadeen to fight a proxy war , you're right ,and they accepted that used it ,and it brought them victory . You were FREE , but chose to put on your own shackles with the Taliban .That was YOUR BUISINESS until Bin laden attacked the US from the soil he was afforded and plotted from which was the taliban and Afghanistan .

So now you say because the US trained and armed them we should expect a KNIFE IN THE BACK ?

Perhaps you're right , then you shouldn't complain when the same is done to you .

You need not inform me about the poor , the US feeds the world , as I dont see any muslim countries running out to end the famines , but the US sends its grain to all of the world . Their BILLIONS IN OIL REVENUE FEEDS NO ONE .

As for Pakistan , they were doing as they have for the past 50 years , fighting India . The taliban was created to displace and harass Hindus in the disputed areas of Kashmir , and to have ready force at hand . Do not attempt to inform me about Pakistan , I was in Chittagong East Pakistan when the West Pakistani Sunni's invaded ,and slaughtere2 million Shia and Hindus , men women and children . India intervened and West pakistan was pushed back out .East pakistan became Bangladesh and west Pakistan ,just Pakistan . Pakistan was directly responsible for the slaughter in Mumbai .Pakistan has no control of its tribal regions and never will .And it's authority in its controlled regions is eroding daily . Pakistan is a land where muslim is fighting muslim , muslims are fighting India , and muslims are persecuting Christians . It would take two more pages to be specific on exactly who is fighting who and listing their individual causes .

Bottom line ? No 9/11 , no wars in Iraq or Afghanistan , atleast no war with the US . Do I agree with all that has transpired since ? Absolutely not , I simply point out a FACT . There is cause AND effect , and with those comes consequences be they good or bad . You see this played out in every country .Violence is a fire , you either feed it or throw water on it .

Allah knows best but it looked like Hurricane Sandy was a punishment but also a warning to the US from Allah. You guys might say well no the US is not going to break apart because of this reason and that reason but you are forgetting that if Allah wills something it will happen no matter what. This is why I still think the US will end up badly one way or another. All tyrants

Tell me this the next time a Tsunami hits Indonesia and takes 250,000 lives , or when the next Earthquake hits Pakistan or Iran , or another Cyclone hits bangladesh like in 1971 where 350,000 were lost . Anbd the way this world is going WE ALL will end up badly one way or another , you may call the US , "tyrant " if you choose , but you must also include ALL the others .

the tyrant that was in Pakistan was placed there by the Reagan administration as was the one for Iran, and Egypt. When you take people who already have radically violent concepts about what they think Islam means and you continually give them money and weapons then YES you are responsible. A fanatic without money is just a nutjob. When you give that same psycho millions of dollars you finance them just like the Raegan administration financed the Pakistani salafi nutjob general that ran that country for so long.

And very few here would argue that other former nations were not tyranical which is why you saw the Arab Spring rise up and now is fighting with the Military who is trying to twist what they started along with the Brotherhood who is trying to do the same thing.

When you follow your country so blindly that you are able to excuse the tragedies that they finance and create you go beyond patriotism and crawl into the pit of Imperialism. Imperialism to us today is just a word that arabs use. But, in ancient Rome it was a religion of worshiping the nation itself where the emperor became near like an idol.

As for politics. Stop saying you may choose Taliban. I choose Islam not a group of psychotic murderers who blatantly violate the Qur'an while claiming to follow it. As for the same being done to me, the U.S. already stabbed my ancestors in the back when they forced them to remain part of the Union. I am a Muslim in Alabama you really don't want to go down this road of how great the U.S. is. I was born and raised in the U.S. As for Obama I voted for him the first time but my mama always said its okay to make a mistake as long as you don't repeat it. Which is why I am not going to continue to waste my time debating with a blind imperialist yankee

Saracen21stC says

I have seen many anti-Obama Americans recently. But never expected this. Still, I don't believe that such a thing will happen in the near future.

Really ? Saracin21stC --- Where have you been the past Four years ?

Edited by Aligarr

Abdullahfath

Sorry for the HORRIBLE mistake - of leaving your tag out , thank goodness you are WISE enough to have figured out it was me quoting YOU . Since you associate me with everything American politicians have done and assume that I feel the same way , I will associate YOU with everything muslims have done .

However I ' m glad you qualify your remarks in that you condemn the taliban and the Salafists .

Now with that ghastly error out of the way , I did not say the US was so GREAT...those were YOUR words .I was in fact asked in effect where the Taliban originated and in that I was correct , they were created by Pakistan visa-vis the ISI , and are still supported by ISI , just as Bin Laden was assisted in his hiding by ISI .

"blind imperialist yankee " .....lol...and I guess you in Alabama gives cause for you to call me yankee huh ? As for the term "imperialism " I would stick to the modern version , as no one worships the State nor it's leaders . And atleast half the country does not approve of all that has transpired since 9/11 .But you knew that right ? I agree with you on Iran , but not on Egypt . I'll bet you have no qualms about US assistance in the Balkans , nor did the mujahadeen in Afghanistan in ridding themselves of the Soviets , what came after was the Choice of the Afghanis , of course greatly influenced by ISI and Pakistan since Taliban were their creation .

I agree with you as far as Bhutto , being financed by the US ...I was there in Chittagong at the time of the War in the early 70's .US was dead wrong , and I was glad India intervened to stop the slaughter of Shia and Hindus . But if Cause and Effect have any relevance 9/11 was the watershed for the Wars that followed .

Edited by Aligarr