Islamic Forum
sereihan

Islam Is The Religion Of Adam And Noah

PropellerAds

Prophets are 'Messengers of Allah'.  Adam (AS) called his family to Allah.  The Jews acknowledge it.  The muslims acknowledge it.  Where in your books of Paul is Adam AS denied?  If any had knowledge of Allah it was Adam AS surely.  Present your proof that he was NOT one of Allah's Messengers.

Redeemed - Allah tells us in the Qur'an that Muhammad SAW was following the religion of Ibraheem AS and Ibraheem AS was following Nuh As.  And Allah tells us that Nuh AS was upon the religion of Adam AS.  And he tells us that Ibraheem AS 'coined' the name muslim & Islam.  He also tells us that to reject any of his prophets is disbelief which will end in Hellfire for the disbeliever.

Allah tells us that some Jews followed prophet Jesus and some rejected him.  And the same was repeated with the coming of Muhammad SAW.   Their bible confirms this.   Its in ACTS 20?.  They want to kill that sharlatan Paul for saying the Law is cancelled.

What I'd like to know is for someone who is a believer "without a religion" how do you conclude three gods are more 'mono-pure' than one?

Saying I am the only way to god etc means he was the prophet of the day.  And the old was corrupt and null & void.  Same with the coming of every major prophet.

Edited by abu turaub
  • Like 1

Angels are messengers

Not all. In Islam,

Linguistically, a messengers is someone who carries a message to give it to someone else. In arabic: Rasool. In that sense, Gabriel is a messenger.

In religious context, we have Rasool (messenger) to mean that someone (a human being), i.e a prophet who is sent with a new book/ message/ law to convey it to the people

A prophet is someone who receives revelation from God but does not have a new book/ message/ law and does'nt have to convey it.

So, a messenger is a prophet who receives a new book/ message/ law and has to convey it. Moses was a messnger but John the baptist was a prophet .. in Islam that is. 

If what you mean by Islam is peace and submission to God then it goes without saying that was what all the prophets strived to do and yet some have failed

No prophet of God failed ... if your scripture tells you that, then its your beliefs ... but in Islam, those whom God chose is for a reason, they are examplary in character and firm believers.

But the Islam that we have after Muhammad was born was rejected by the Jews first and then the Christians. if Islam was the religion of Adam and Noah the Jews would have followed it since they were the chosen ones by God.

I dont follow your logic .. The Jews thought that the last prophet would be from them i.e israelite. So its a bad example because most jews rejected jesus also.

I believe Christianity has the purest form of monotheism in the world

You say you believe in 1 God ... but you turn to Jesus/ saints in worship. And you actually believe in 3, not 1.

Islam teaches you there is one God, the only One worthy of all worship .. that is pure monotheism

Jesus said He was the only way to God. So both Jews and Muslims reject this

We dont have a problem with saying "Jesus said He was the only way to God" .. so we dont reject that, actually we Agree with this! ... what we reject are the changes they made in what God sent Jesus with.

I value the Quran as much as you do the Bible.

I am yet to see anything but that believe the Qur'an is a lie.

Jesus saying He is the only way might mean for a certain time to you, but to me and billions of others it means He is the only way period for all time. Jesus didn't say I show the way; He said I am. There is a big difference between being and showing. I am surprised you cannot see that! If you cannot see this, how can you show me spiritual truths?

Again you have no proof for what you say but the whims & opinions of men.

If you "value the Qur'an" then check what Jesus is said to have said against what Allah has revealed.

Of the Final Messenger SAW:

Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a excellent example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much.  33.21

Of our father Ibraheem AS:

Indeed there has been an excellent example for you in Ibrahim..... 60.4

The prophets were sent to guide the people.   Guidance is not just words.   Everything they said & did, how they lived, how they ate etc etc etc.

You Redeemed are clinging to false hopes.  You and men are just guessing.   What you propose in against Allah's words.

You are correct I don't have concrete proof, but I have faith which is better than a known way

faith .. its nice.

But here is the problem ... a hindu I spoke to said that too, and so do other people of various beliefs I spoke to before. 

Faith is not proof that what you have is the truth that God wants you to follow

It is Christ working through and in me that bears witness with my spirit in such a way I could never deny

Some "divine being" working through and in a person is again not proof  for the truth and correctness of faith. Peoples of other faiths have similar experiences as you do and similar claims.

Good discussion guys ... also, I believe just as Abu Turaub said ----> proofs please!

If Islam Is The Religion Of Adam And Noah, why do Muslims consider Noah a drunk? Look at the video sent to me on the Christian convert

Its christians who say that he is a drunk, not Muslims

Actually, he became drunk after drinking from the vineyard he had planted.  I wouldn't call him a drunk.  Drunks constantly seek that stat.  It doesn't say he did it more than once in Genesis 9:20-23.  As for him being naked in his tent well I've done that myself.  Thus, apparently I'm in good company. Still, doesn't answer the question though.  The age old cry of where's your proof.  First.  I'd say that that for Catholics the Church is the proof.  How else can you explain that despite corrupt individuals within and outside the Church she still stands.  How else can you explain Eucharistic miracles, or Fatima?  The only way is to see it with the eyes of faith.  Which of course is very subjective that's why its called faith.  Jesus said blessed are those that believe without seeing.  Now as for physical proofs.  The fact that the Koran exists isn't exactly proof.  I know I know its important in Islam.  I accept that.  As a catholic I even acknowledge  and agree with what the Catechism states concerning the Muslim's; ccc 841.  Yet, the Koran contradicts the Gospels.  So, it is not proof.  As for its rapid spread it was spread by the sword this doesn't make it divine.  I'm not here to insult the Muslim's but the cry of  where's your proof is insulting.  Its best if Christians worship God according to the Gospels and their faith traditions and Muslim's worship God according to the Koran and their faith traditions. In fact Mohammed wanted Christians to follow their Gospels according to the Letter to the Monks of St. Catherines monastery. 

Peace be with you.

Salam, Quran is the witness of Hadrat Aadam (AS) and Hadrat Noah (AS).

“Lo! Allah preferred Adam and Noah and the Family of Abraham and the Family of 'Imran above (all His) creatures.” (3.33)

If Abraham was the truth for his time and Moses for his time, Jesus for His time and so on, why didn't Muhammad follow the religion of Jesus? Why do you say Abraham?They wanted to kill Paul for speaking the truth they didn't want to hear. Paul was no sharlatan. He was called by Jesus to do what he did. He was a great apostle of Jesus Christ.

This is your misconception along with the others. I do not conclude there are three gods. There is only one true God with no partners or associates. There is no one like Him and Jesus is His word. Being the message and being a messenger are two very different things.

No one could be closer to who God is than God's word! Jesus is the word God used to speak all things into existence. Jesus is the word of God incarnate.Saying he is the only way means that He is the only way. There is no other. By saying that the old is corrupt, you appear to be the one cancelling out what the prophet said not Paul.

your stated believe" there is no one like him and Jesus is his word" is exactly what Islam is saying and indeed the Quran in more than one place asks prophet Muhammad pbuh to follow the steps of Jesus not only Abraham pbut and finally there is nothing like more or less closer to God, he is either God or his creation and if you are a true follower of the clear teachings of Jesus pbuh in the current gospels you will believe that he was the creation of God through his word

Now I accept that that is the Islamic understanding.  However, its not the Catholic one.  The Catholic understanding is that Jesus is both True God and True Man.  Through the great mystery of the Hypostatic union.  This is one of those areas where Christianity and Islam differ.  Our two great faiths share many things but this is not one of them.

Peace be with you.

So, you say Islam says the same. Great we have that in common, but we take it further than you, and it is not in excess of religion. Christians are against religion. Religion is what we believe nailed Jesus to the cross, but we do believe in relationship with God through Christ Jesus. Now if you believe like we do that God is one with no partners, and Jesus is His word, why can't you believe that Jesus is the word God used to create all things like the Bible states?

If Jesus is the word of God as stated in the Bible and the Quran, wouldn't logically follow that Jesus the word of God is eternal and uncreated? If the word of God is eternal and uncreated, doesn't this explain why Jesus didn't turn down worship when given to Him for forgiving sin? PTL

Peace be upon you

PS. I know the Quran says Jesus is a word from Allah (BE). Isn't "BE" a form of "I AM" and didn't Jesus say "Before Abraham was I AM?" Think about this for a while.

you know that the gospel of Jesus pbuh is not preserved and there are many different gospels in the past and now!

One question for you : you say Jesus said "I AM" do you think you are more clever than Mathew and Luke and mark who all miss to mention this interesting "I AM" ?

In Islam Jesus pbuh is not the word itself but what resulted from that word though he is called the word of god, in Islam you and me are the words of god all creation is through the word of god but it became a title of honor to Jesus pbuh because of his high status to god and because he was created in a unique way without male intervention !

Edited by sereihan