Islamic Forum
Annec

Hi My Name Is Anne

I am new to Islam. I just took my Shadada about a month ago. I am just now starting to feel more comfortable as a Muslim, and I know that I have allot to learn. I was raised a Christian but always seemed to have questions, questions that I was afraid to ask because I did not want to upset anyone.

No one in my family knows that I have reverted, not even my husband and kids, I am trying to figure out the right way to tell them. So any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. If you want to know anything in particular about me, just as I am a open book lol.

Anne

• Like 2

PropellerAds

Assalamo alaikum sister Anne
welcom.gif to Gawaher

I'm glad you decided to join us. I hope that you find your stay here at IF beneficial, as well as enjoyable, and inshaAllah we benefit from each other.
As we advise all new comers, please take a moment to read our Forum Rules. This will greatly enhance your understanding of this community, and ensures a smooth relation with everyone around here.

As a new member, you will notice a number of temporary limitations. Please read about them here:
New Members: Read This!

However, being a new revert, I've manually promoted you to a full member.

There are many sister reverts among our members, and they'll be glad to give you good suggestions insha'Allah. Just start a new topic about it, to allow them to help you there.

And now here is your welcome drink, on the house!
So sit back, and let me pour you a glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice!

post-1-1102388849.jpg

Assalamo alaikum wa rahmat'Ullahi wa barakatu (may the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Congratulations on embracing Islam. You've made the best choice anyone can make in a lifetime, and you now have 1.6 billion brothers and sisters around the world.

All of us here are more than happy to help you with any questions that you may have, regarding the beautiful religion of Islam. Please ask all you want in the new Muslims Q&A section. You would probably find many of your questions pre-answered there already.

I also suggest that you browse this Quick How-to Guide For New Muslims , it has many video tutorials that would help you as a new Muslim.

May Allah Al-Mighty keep you always in the true path, make it easy for you and may He reward you with His blessings and happiness in both worlds, ameen.

:sl:

Welcome sister Anne. 

Separate threads need to be created to start discussions. :_D

Salam alikum Sister :) 

Great to hear you made that step and great to see you here, Insha Allah you will benefit a lot from being in the forum and get stronger in faith. We all need to learn, not only you :) 

Love and hate for the sake of Allah (SWT), as the brotherhood of faith is the strongest bond between hearts and mind. Be kind, tolerant and sincere towards your family and friends.

May Allah help us all.

Edited by adam27

as salaam alaykum Sister!

Welcome to Islam! :D I'm happy to hear about your reversion. In time your family will come to understand your reversion inshaAllah, but until then do what you feel is best for you. You will have to tell them sooner or later, but go slowly. Maybe start by reading Qu'ran around them etc. I'm sure they will ask questions, and when someone approaches you about something it can be easier to breech the subject v. just bringing it up yourself which may put people on the defensive. Best to let them notice in my opinion, but what works for some may not work for others. Allah will guide you to the right answers if you ask, and pray :)

Best wishes!! :D