Islamic Forum
Absolute truth

Pope Washes Feet Of Young Muslim Woman

While popes have for centuries washed the feet of their followers on the day

before Good Friday, never before had a pontiff washed the feet of a woman.

That one of the female inmates at the prison in Rome was also a Serbian

Muslim was also a break with tradition.

“There is no better way to show his service for the smallest, for the least

fortunate,” said Gaetano Greco, a local chaplain.

Pope Francis continued his gleeful abandonment of his tradition by washing the

feet of a young Muslim woman prisoner in an unprecedented twist on the Holy

Thursday tradition.

Pope-Feet-2_2522628c.jpg

Pope Francis kissing the feet of another young offender

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/9960168/Pope-washes-feet-of-young-Muslim-woman-prisoner-in-unprecedented-twist-on-Maundy-Thursday.html

PropellerAds

Odd this kissing thing- a man who is supposed to be looked up to by millions and millions of catholics- and he lowers himself to kiss feet of strangers.

Oh well, if he washed the Muslim woman's feet at least some of her wudu was done!

Odd this kissing thing- a man who is supposed to be looked up to by millions and millions of catholics- and he lowers himself to kiss feet of strangers.

Oh well, if he washed the Muslim woman's feet at least some of her wudu was done!

No wudu is accepted unless one has become muslim though. :)

I find this strange.

:sl:

Kissing the forehead would be much more graceful. Kissing the feet is an act of slavery, not suitable for a religious figure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qYlMDGG6z8

But she will have to make wudu again because someone foreign to her has touched her. Her wudu became void.

No wudu is accepted unless one has become muslim though. :)

She is Muslima sister.

:sl:

No wudu is accepted unless one has become muslim though.  :)

She is Muslima sister.

Ahh sorry. I got wrong the sentence. 

The action is supposedly to show that even though he is pope, he serves others. To be honest, with most religious leaders, it is just a sham anyways. However, this pope seems interesting, based off the name he took and some of his actions. After all, Francis of Assisi was a Christian who supported living in peace with Muslims during the times of the Crusades.

Having grown up in a Christian church before my reversion, I watched many ordination ceremonies where the leader(s) of the church would wash the feet of those they were ordaining to join the leadership of the church. Supposedly because it was something Jesus (pbuh) did for the disciples according to the Bible.

I don't know how they picked out a Muslima girl for this, but I can't decide whether this is the pope trying to show he is open to making peaceful dialogue with Muslims or something else.

Interesting info, sister Nightingale. Hopefully this would start a new peaceful understanding between Christians and Muslims.

Btw, the Muslim girl was among 12 young prisoners in a prison in Rome, Italy. She is from Serbia.

Yes brother dot, I knew that. I just wonder how she was picked out. I mean, reports I read were that there were 47 young prisoners there and she was the only Muslim. It made shockwaves with one of my Catholic friends that the pope even washed the feet of women at all, since only men are "supposed" to have their feet washed.

I think kissing the feet by someone of the pope's stature actually lowers him in the sight of others.

Edited by The Doc

I have heard that at times before too. I was never Catholic, but I do know a few who went into the priesthood and they are supposed to take a vow of service (can't remember the names of all their vows) and before he became pope, this one was known for his austere living and helping of less fortunate.

While I disagree with his beliefs of key parts of the church such as believing that Jesus (pbuh) was God's son and so forth, I will wait to see how things go. One thing I will say is that he is a much better pope so far than his predecessor, who seemed to disrespect Muslims at every opportunity.

I agree that the last pope did not help his cause with the Muslims- especially when he suggested violence was inherent.

John Paul II was also a good man and pope.

• Like 1

He who is great must serve the least. It is as was stated a example of Jesus in the Bible humbling himself to servant stature by attending to those who appear to be below him. Were not all created equally in the image of God? 

Salams

I think this  is yet another  Goody ,Goody christian gimmick

The reality is , this is very big business involving huge amount of money

watch this video

Al-jazeera

regards

Md Mushtaq

Salams

I think this  is yet another  Goody ,Goody christian gimmick

The reality is , this is very big business involving huge amount of money

watch this video

Al-jazeera

regards

Md Mushtaq

So a Christian (let alone the Pope does what the Bible teaches through example) and it is a gimmick? A Christian behaves badly and it is pointed to and said they don't even live what their Holy Book teaches. Well all I can say to that is all people are fallen and prone to sin and mimicking Christ's example and teaching from the Bible is not a gimmick.

As for the video news story Corruption while disheartening is not surprising. People including religious leaders can get wrapped up in sin. Hence the need for God. The investigation will have to play out.

First of all, I might be somewhat in the minority, but as I said before...I welcome the new pope's dedication to change. It has been apparent that the Catholic Church has been in need of fresh direction for a bit of time, as many of the people around the previous pope were compromised. I truly hope that Pope Francis lives up to his name, as it is very necessary these days.

Now, past that...I've heard from and seen many Catholics who are deeply offended by the new pope's actions. It seems that (at least the ones here) don't see any problems with the church and deny that any scandals ever took place. There is wrongdoing all over the place. While I don't believe in having a pope and I'm not Catholic, I am not going to denigrate him...I just wish someone would return the favor from the Catholic end here...

• Like 1

Nightingale, I to hope the Pope lives up to his name. The RCC is in need of a strong leader especially through example. My word to those Catholics who are offended by the Pope's actions read the Bible and the Catechism. Jesus did many things in the Bible that the Pharisees were offended by. There has been great scandals though out the Church history unfortunately. Man is prone to sin and all sin is detestable in the sight of God. May God lead the Pope and us all. 

So a Christian (let alone the Pope does what the Bible teaches through example) and it is a gimmick? A Christian behaves badly and it is pointed to and said they don't even live what their Holy Book teaches. Well all I can say to that is all people are fallen and prone to sin and mimicking Christ's example and teaching from the Bible is not a gimmick.

As for the video news story Corruption while disheartening is not surprising. People including religious leaders can get wrapped up in sin. Hence the need for God. The investigation will have to play out.

Of course it is gimmick

benedict

other wise if pope had to wash the sins away of the sinners then he should wash the feet of those who made this money scandal happened

and also he should wash the feet of Cardinal Roger Mahony

lol .those who elect pope are sinners !

look at your religion benedict

with whom you will have faith

these are the worst cases

any way follow this link

one more for those who don't know about cardinal Roger mohany

why bother Muslims and dont worry about our sins We have GOD who will save us from sins and he will forgive us also

we dont need pope or cardinal or a priest

Of course it is gimmick

benedict

other wise if pope had to wash the sins away of the sinners then he should wash the feet of those who made this money scandal happened

and also he should wash the feet of Cardinal Roger Mahony

lol .those who elect pope are sinners !

look at your religion benedict

with whom you will have faith

these are the worst cases

any way follow this link

one more for those who don't know about cardinal Roger mohany

why bother Muslims and dont worry about our sins We have GOD who will save us from sins and he will forgive us also

we dont need pope or cardinal or a priest

If you wish to think it a gimmick that is your right to think so. Just as it is my right to disagree with you on that point. Now to clear up one thing that you seem to have muddled in this post. The Pope did not wash feet for the forgiveness of sins.    That in Christianity (Especially the RCC) is done through Baptism and through the crucifixion. The washing of feet is putting oneself into a position of servitude below the person who's feet you are washing. Yes those who elect the Pope (The College of Cardinals) are sinners. As are you, me, and people in general. None of us are above sinning. 

As for the news link you posted. One case of child abuse and molestation is to much. But also on the flip side of that coin. The Catholic Church has done more than any other entity to remedy the problem. They also have a lower rate of this problem than any other entity. Not that make one case of it right but they are at least showing a effort to do something about it. And to be quite frank about it no monetary value could make it right. Some of this is blood sucking lawyers also. 

Who do you think the faithful turn to for forgiveness of sins? We the faithful turn to God. The Pope is the figure head and leader of the RCC. Most institutions do have a hierarchy Hence Popes,Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Deacons, ect.....

If you wish to think it a gimmick that is your right to think so. Just as it is my right to disagree with you on that point. Now to clear up one thing that you seem to have muddled in this post. The Pope did not wash feet for the forgiveness of sins.    That in Christianity (Especially the RCC) is done through Baptism and through the crucifixion. The washing of feet is putting oneself into a position of servitude below the person who's feet you are washing. Yes those who elect the Pope (The College of Cardinals) are sinners. As are you, me, and people in general. None of us are above sinning. 

As for the news link you posted. One case of child abuse and molestation is to much. But also on the flip side of that coin. The Catholic Church has done more than any other entity to remedy the problem. They also have a lower rate of this problem than any other entity. Not that make one case of it right but they are at least showing a effort to do something about it. And to be quite frank about it no monetary value could make it right. Some of this is blood sucking lawyers also. 

Who do you think the faithful turn to for forgiveness of sins? We the faithful turn to God. The Pope is the figure head and leader of the RCC. Most institutions do have a hierarchy Hence Popes,Cardinals, Bishops, Priests, Deacons, ect.....

I don't know whether you are aware or not

but here in Chennai , you can see Christians posing like Muslims or Hindus

i think you must familiar about the wall poster in Chennai

you will see lot of Christians posters on the wall  posing like Muslims or Hindus

now tell me why i should not think even your pope is following your Christians here

As far as sins are concern , you cannot include us in  sins like you people do

what ever be the amount of sinning , if Allah's name is brought in front of a Muslim  ,immediately he will leave that sin and repent .

But Christians sin in the name of god

For example , look here ,A cardinal or a pope or a priest or a pastor are supposed to be the guardians of christian faith

Yet they sin .not out side their religion but in their religion and with their religion  that too in the name of god

that is why i call Christianity is real satanic

for example , a priest is supposed to be a guardian of moral but he is accused of child abuse and a cardinal is saving him

and the same cardinal elects a pope

You people have made a religion nothing but a laughing stock

but you can earn money ...lot of money

not earn rather loot thru cheating

i have seen many pastors here doing that

and this is the reason even after knowing that Christianity is not worth following lot of people choose to be part of it

so don't ever think a Muslim is also sinning like you 

we never sin in the religion

Edited by parvez mushtaq

I don't know whether you are aware or not

but here in Chennai , you can see Christians posing like Muslims or Hindus

i think you must familiar about the wall poster in Chennai

you will see lot of Christians posters on the wall  posing like Muslims or Hindus

now tell me why i should not think even your pope is following your Christians here

As far as sins are concern , you cannot include us in  sins like you people do

what ever be the amount of sinning , if Allah's name is brought in front of a Muslim  ,immediately he will leave that sin and repent .

But Christians sin in the name of god

For example , look here ,A cardinal or a pope or a priest or a pastor are supposed to be the guardians of christian faith

Yet they sin .not out side their religion but in their religion and with their religion  that too in the name of god

that is why i call Christianity is real satanic

for example , a priest is supposed to be a guardian of moral but he is accused of child abuse and a cardinal is saving him

and the same cardinal elects a pope

You people have made a religion nothing but a laughing stock

but you can earn money ...lot of money

not earn rather loot thru cheating

i have seen many pastors here doing that

and this is the reason even after knowing that Christianity is not worth following lot of people choose to be part of it

so don't ever think a Muslim is also sinning like you 

we never sin in the religion

I'm not familiar with the situation where you live. I live in the states. How are they posing like Muslims or Hindus? It is not my job to convince you of the actions of the Pope. 

As far as sins are concerned, I can and will include you and all Muslims lumped in with every other sinner in the world. For all mankind was made in the image of God. You also can not judge a religion, a country, or a race of people by the actions of a minority. Do you really need me to dig up stories of Muslim clerics who are not any better. I'm sure you don't. Now  as  for those who cheat and earn money by being corrupt and deceitful they will have to answer to God for those actions. The same will go for those who abuse others. 

Now I am going to ask you to show my religion some respect by capitalizing God as there is only one and He created the heavens, the earth, the plants and animals, and humans and God is one. I am respectful to Islam I ask the same in return. I am not asking you to agree with my beliefs on a personal level but some respect would be nice. 

Thank you and peace be with you