Islamic Forum
dot

New Section To Refute Christians

:sl:

Dear Muslim members

Every now and then, a new Christian joins the forum, and start repeating the same nonsense regarding the trinity, Crucifixion, defending their man-made books etc.

I see that a lot of our members are masha'Allah able to defeat these lies with strong logic, knowledge and evidences, but the problem is that repeatedly replying to an endless number of Christians, for the same repeated issues, wastes your time and energy.

That is why I decided to start a new section, where I hereby invite all Muslim members interested in participating, to start a centralized topic for each of the points we Muslims hold against Christians.

Once we have a set of topics, 20, 50 or even more, we can then just use links to those centralized topics in all our replies to those Christians who start debates about the same issues. That insha'Allah will save your time and efforts, and makes for more efficient replies.

The centralized topics would also help us join forces, combining all we know about any particular issue in one place. The topics will start locked for all but the team participating in the project. It will be open for replies only when the team says so. Or maybe we keep it locked if you think that is better.

You can use this topic (or PM me) to apply for the project, and also to participate in making a list of all the topic titles that each of you can start, to avoid repeated topics. Of course later any number of team members can add to the same topic.

• Like 3

PropellerAds

Yes brother, the new section will be a sub-section under it, where other members cannot start topics.

• Like 1

Uh oh, I didn't give you the idea for this, did I? Please don't take what I said last night too seriously. But it's not a bad idea all the same.

[at]brother IZZ,

You're the first to join the team then.

As admin, I have a duty to make sure our members are comfortable and far from from feeling tired posting.

I've made the sub-section, its now here. Currently, only refuters team members can view it, start new topics and post replies.

Later, when we have enough topics there, everyone can view the new section insha'Allah.

I invite you brother to start as much topics there as you can.

To make it easy for you, you can start by copying some of your posts where you already dealt with Christians.

Please start a new topic for each point of refutation, or each issue, so that later the link can be used specifically for the purpose, either by you, or by anyone else, while replying to future Christian debates around the forum.

I also invite other members who can refute Christians to apply here or through PM.

Jazakum Allahu khayran.

Wa 'alaikumu as-salam

It is a great idea to have a compendium. I have been thinking about the same because the same topics get repeated over and over again. 

It just so happens that I'm working on a very massive project which might go well in this section. When I'm done, which may be weeks. But I'm confused: is this new section *only* for the big cliches like the Trinity and whether The Qur'an confirms The Bible, or is it just for refuting Christians in general? If the latter then are those cliches then being classified amongst the topics which get locked every time someone tries to start a new thread on them, and where you're not allowed to go off topic into a new argument on the matter? Because it seems that otherwise we'll never get anything done around here. We'll just spend all of our time linking to the new forum. And while you're at it you can make evolution one of the subjects you can't talk about outside of one thread too. I apologize, I don't want to act like I'm trying to throw my weight around and tell you mods how to run the show. It's just a suggestion.

I'm about a week or so into a cold turkey caffeine withdrawal. What I said last night was the result of delerium and insomnia (worse than my usual insomnia, I mean). Which isn't an excuse but it goes to show you that I haven't been normal lately. Probably not for a long time, actually. Please tell me this wasn't all my idea.

We can allow only refuters to start topics and add to them, while other members can only read them. This way, those topics can be used a references to link to. But in that case, we have to allow discussions, that Christians will start outside the section, to go on. Linking to those references will save your time and keep you from repeating the same proofs.

The type of topics can be anything that is Christianity related, anything that would later save your time, and can be recycled between any member debating with a Christian.

If you want to have topics for atheists too, then we have to just change the section title to encompass all non-Muslim repeated arguments.

ok bring them here...let see what they got :D

• Like 1

Salams

This is a very good idea. And will enable resources to be used more effeciently and for us to get more out of the forum.

Even though I’m not a Muslim I agree with this idea. I’ve noticed there’s a lot of tautology in these threads. So this new section will provide a shortcut.

• Like 1

Thanks RC Apologist for the encouragement.

The following members can now post in the new section:

All members who have the knowledge to refute Christianity are invited to join the team. Just PM me or reply here please.

The new section is now open. All other members and guests can now view the posts made by the team there.

List of topics in Refuting Christians section:

So far, there is only one topic made:

The Trinity

but hopefully more topics will be added soon.

All forum members can now view those topics, and may use links to those topics in their replies to Christians anytime throughout the forum. Only refuters can post in the Refuting Christians section.

wa alaykum as salaam 

i like this idea, i get so bored of repeated posts  :mellow:

Unfortunately, only 2 members wrote there. Throughout 50 days, only one topic was posted so far!

Unfortunately, only 2 members wrote there. Throughout 50 days, only one topic was posted so far!

wa alaikum assalam

3 topics brother :)

Any suggestions for other topics ?

Thanks brother, that's good news.

Any topic that Christians repeatedly discuss is fine to be added there.

Just wondering why you feel you need to refute christians at all. How about you take the time to understand them instead.

I was going to ask why it is not possible to reply to strange posts in that section, but I saw this post so no need. :)

Edited by Tunisia

Yes it's a funny idea to want to refute everything - do Muslims want to refute that we should love our neighbours and even our enemies?

• Like 1

I think as long as people stick to facts , and keep predisposed bias out of it , you will have an intelligent discussion . Refutations should be based on Fact not opinion . If holy books are to be quoted they should not be redacted nor taken out of context .  

I think this is a good idea. If I might add a little suggestion. I'm sure that many of the questions have already been answered by Muslim scholars. Why don't you post the links to this information, rather than each of you writing a response. This might save your time and energy.

I, as a person with a limited knowledge of Islam, have had basic questions; but felt foolish asking them. So this section would allow me to "browse," and would allow all of you to talk about more difficult questions.

You could even designate this subforum as Simple Answers about Islam (or Answers to Stupid Questions).