Islamic Forum
The Shrew

Islam And Mormonism

Now Islam came Before the Mormons. What I find sort of is that Joseph Smith the founder of Mormonism seemed to pull a page so to speak from Islams playbook (forgive the poor metaphor). There was a article written in 1989 in the Salt Lake City Messenger. It discusses it and gives it from a Mormon prospective. Please note I am not a Mormon nor endorse their church. The RCC does not view them as Christian. What do you think of the article and or what Mormons claim. Here is the link http://www.utlm.org/newsletters/no71.htm

So did Joseph Smith try and "ripoff" Islam? Quite Possibly.

PropellerAds

Joseph Smith was a noted con artist. Numerous times he had to run away from authorities for his illegal actions and his trying to take advantage of people. Now, I haven't read that article yet, but frankly, I don't view Mormonism as anything more than a cult that itself doesn't know what direction to go. The only good thing about Mormons I know personally is that they do take care of their own, probably better than any other "Christian" church.

Joseph Smith was a noted con artist. Numerous times he had to run away from authorities for his illegal actions and his trying to take advantage of people. Now, I haven't read that article yet, but frankly, I don't view Mormonism as anything more than a cult that itself doesn't know what direction to go. The only good thing about Mormons I know personally is that they do take care of their own, probably better than any other "Christian" church.

I completely agree con artist. I recently had the experience of some of the local missionaries coming around. I now own their book. Actually read part of it. And after about four discussions they were nicely told that they were viewed as a polytheistic cult. There missionaries also love to help out when needed. I think they use that as part of their gimmick to lure people in.

My grandmother always used to be willing to debate with Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses and other door to door missionaries. But she never wavered in her beliefs and I learned greatly from her. Even though she wasn't Muslim, she was probably one of the best people I ever knew and I know that she would've accepted me when I reverted because that's how she was.

That being said, I deal with a few Mormons at work and they tend to be loud about their beliefs. Frankly it is a bit annoying.