• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hydden

Hydden

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:17 AM

Assalaam walaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

This will be a bit strange. I'll start the story from 4 years ago.

It was July 2009. I had to get admitted into high school. After giving several entrance tests, I finally got admission into a Muslim school (which I didn't know then).

I experienced the usual incidents of a typical transfer student. I was surprised to see so many Muslims in my class. It was also a surprise that most of the girls (with a few exceptions) weren't wearing the obligatory hijabs.

After I adapted to the school's environment, I met a girl wearing a white hijab. We talked during the lunch break. She was asking me questions related to religion.

"Why do you worship idols?"

I was stunned. I think I felt a slow spark within myself (in the centre). I said, "Because our ancestors did so.".

"How did they know and why?", she asked.

Like this, she asked many questions. I was uneasy and told her to stop talking about religion. But she was persistent and irregularly filled me with small (but hugely true) facts on Islam. I was reluctant.

This continued for one and a half year.

Then it was time for the 2nd year final exams. We were given a fortnight for preparation.

One day, during this time, I do not know why, but I suddenly (and childishly) thought in my mind, "I want God to be my friend." Perhaps it was out of loneliness.

But then I continued, "But He wouldn't do so with a lowly creature like me."

I'm not sure but I think after the next few hours, the Tsunami disaster in Japan took place. Looking at the water swallowing half of Japan, I was struck with great fear. I thought, "Is it because I asked Him to be my friend?"

I researched on Noah's ark, then the End of the World rumours, and prophecies. I noticed that most of the Islamic prophecies were true, then Biblical ones, then Hindu ones.

I was still struck with fear that this world would end quickly. I was unable to concentrate on my studies.

"I didn't want to end up in Hell", I thought.

Then I searched for information "to save myself" on the internet. Most of the results were Christian sites. I was almost following it but I felt in my heart that I should worship God, not Jesus.

A few months later, I asked God silently in my mind, "Which religion should I choose?" Then the fact that I joined a Muslim school and the fact that the shaitan existed to harm humans made me realize that Islam was the true religion. "It was right in front of me. Why didn't I realize it sooner?"

When I've revealed to her, the white hijabi girl was happy to know that I've accepted Islam. But I knew that this was beginning. Many problems began to arise.

Who would have thought my life would become difficult?....

This is the story of my reversion.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There's more. I'll share my problems in the next post.

(P.S. Please forgive me for I've written this in a novel style. How insincere of me.)

#2 dot

dot

[email protected]

• Administration
  • 17,209 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

Congratulations dear sister on reverting to the true religion and best way of life, Islam.

But was it only fear that made you revert? if so, I advise you to read the Quran, and read Islamic books, to be more convinced and well educated about your new religion. It is important to have a strong faith. May Allah Al-Mighty always keep you in the true path, and may He ease your troubles, and bless you with happiness in both worlds, aamin.

#3 Saracen21stC

Saracen21stC

• IF Moderator
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Studying Islam (and other religions), Learning different languages and cultures, reading (e)books (preferably religious and history books).

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Wa-Alaikum-as-Salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

Congratulations. May Allah (swt) accept you and help you in solving all the problems you are facing.

(PS: I like this novel style.)

#4 muzur

muzur

*happy*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts
  • Interests:Sufism, books, publishing, traveling, ice-skating, knowing new people, smiling

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Salams,

Congratulations sister. May Allah make all your problems easy for you. We all strugle with difficulties, please never forget that.

#5 Hydden

Hydden

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:43 AM

Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.

Congratulations dear sister on reverting to the true religion and best way of life, Islam.

But was it only fear that made you revert? if so, I advise you to read the Quran, and read Islamic books, to be more convinced and well educated about your new religion. It is important to have a strong faith. May Allah Al-Mighty always keep you in the true path, and may He ease your troubles, and bless you with happiness in both worlds, aamin.

No, it wasn't only fear. The prophecies, some miracles and the fact that I've joined a Muslim school had me reverted.

#6 hend.abuauf

hend.abuauf

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

Masha'Allah, congratulations sister, May Allah make your life easier, and Give you the strength to worship Him in the way that pleases Him