Islamic Forum
Matemkar

Some Movies - A Good Alternative To Hollywood

PropellerAds

:sl:

Interesting. Will chek them out once I get time..

• Like 1

wa alaikum salam. I hope you get that chance. And please share your reviews here. Thanks. Ma salam

:sl:

Thanks very much brother Matemkar. I've downloaded the 4 movies, and will share my review of them here insha'Allah.

Btw, I've searched for the IRIB channel but its not in Nilesat. However, I've found an Iranian movie channel, called iFilm, at: 11680 Horizontal.

• Like 1

Other good movies (imho):  Arranged (2009) (link to full movie on hulu)    http://www.hulu.com/watch/225023 and On a Wing and a Prayer: An American Muslim Learns to Fly (documentary) (I don't have a link for the full movie, I bought the DVD from Amazon) http://www.iptv.org/video/detail.cfm/12491/amlf_20101203_trailer

• Like 1

I've finished watching the first 2 movies.

Strawberry Dessert

A nice movie, but the story is too simple to be made into a full movie.

I didn't like the way the mother spoiled her daughter. She should ground and spank her for a few days, then force her into labor to help in family expenses, or at least provide for her own food and expenses.

The movie shows the good values of husband-wife love and support.

A Cube of Sugar

A wonderful movie. So romantic and inspirational. It goes deep into the mixed human feelings toward love, life and death, in a lovely country house, full of men, women, kids and lots of emotions. The soundtrack is so sweet and dreamy. Though I found it difficult to follow the translation of the fast dialogues, its obvious that director Seyyed Reza Mir-Karimi, actress Negar Javaherian and the rest of the cast gave us a wonderful masterpiece, not to be missed.

I find it a bit strange in Islamic movies to see women in hijab while in bed or alone with her hubby and kids. Its hardly convincing. If I was a director, I'd avoid those scenes, or shoot closeups that show only the faces of women at home, instead of them wearning hijab in bed. This could give wrong info to non-Muslims, who may conclude that its impossible to be a Muslim and wear hijab 24/7/365.

• Like 1

salam. brother dot, IRIB tv channels are removed from most satellites because of the US sanctions against Iran, though Badr-5 (formerly Arab-Sat) has them all. I like Korean, Japanese and Iranian movies. and for Iranian Cinema I got satellite. lol. And yes, iFILMTV is a new one broadcasting movies and tv series dubbed in English.

How do you find the dubbings? Is it good? Here's one dubbed in English, but not as good as "the last single/bachelor" movie above..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SDMuqHuKpo

Well, I prefer the original language and always watch Asian movies with subtitles.

Thanks for sharing your reviews :) And inshaAllah one day you can make movies of your own..

and about the hijab, those people should do some research then.. :) plus, I suppose iranians don't think much about foreigners as even their official site IRIBMEDITRADE can not trade iranian movies abroad because of the global sanctions against iran. I wanted to buy more than 20 DVDs there and could not find a way to transfer them the money.. :( Iranian banks are closed here in Turkey..

and thanks asiya for your suggestions. lol. sorry I could not watch the first because it says it is viewable only in the US and the second one does not work either. I'll look up them later inshaAllah..

Ok. Here's a new one.. "Birds of a feather"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGaFoSeoZbs

ma salam

Edited by Matemkar

aleyküm selam..

Honestly, since all "Turkish" movies and tv series seemed like a copy of hollywood, it has been a long time I stopped watching them. That's why I became interested in Asian Cinema. But, thanks. This one looks good. I watched some on Afghanistan before, like "the Afghan Alphabet" (2002), but none on Bosnia or Senegal. I hope it pictures the reality.. It seems much focused on sacrifice for Islam which is good.. But still I am skeptic about Gulen Movement and so called "Turkish" Schools, and I hope unlike the common stance of STV which has been in the interest of World Arrogance (Imperialism), the movie shows the facts.. And Bosnia is the fact.. But, I am hopeless.. I just saw that the American "Warner Bros" company is the distributor of the film.. But, anyway, thanks for informing. ma'es-selam

Edited by Matemkar