Islamic Forum
infogirl

Muslim Men Marrying Non Muslims

Salam,

I have this doubt on Muslim men marrying non muslims. Do you think a Muslim man marrying a non muslim and then reverting her to Islam (mashallah) is blessed by Allah more and his position in Jannah will be a grade higher than a Muslim man marrying just a Muslim woman?  (provided both men are equal in all aspects of following Islam in prayer, Zakaat, Hajj etc)

Thank you.

Edited by infogirl

PropellerAds

Wa 'alaikumu as-salam

There is no such where there two men of equal deeds with one exception. Marrying a non-Muslim woman, as long as it is from the People of the Book, in order to introduce her to Islam is a good deed if it is done in a proper manner. Often times dating and fornication is involved before marriage, and that is undoubtedly sinful. Nevertheless, a man would get good deeds if the woman converts even in a scenario where unlawful dating and fornication took place. 

Assalamu Alaykum

In general, it is permissible for a Muslim brother to marry a chaste woman from the Yahood and Nasara as long it is an Islamic marriage/wedding. I find it blameworthy if there are Muslim women without husbands. To prefer a Non-Muslim woman over a Muslim woman is not something I like either. However, if the brother is sure that this marriage to that non-Muslim woman will lead her to Islam then it is good. Every situation is different and each case should be judged individually.

:salam:

It's important to realize that just because something is permissable doesn't make it recommended, just as divorce is permissable, it doesn't mean it's a good thing.

I would just like to say as a Muslim man married to a non Muslim it is not that bad.  She is very supportive and even cooks for me before sunrise during Ramadan.  we have been together over a year and got married in the masjid. 

assalam

It's not a bad thing, if a non-Muslim come to understand the teachings of Islam and become Muslims through him, God would endowment him a great bonus.

Salam,

I have this doubt on Muslim men marrying non muslims. Do you think a Muslim man marrying a non muslim and then reverting her to Islam (mashallah) is blessed by Allah more and his position in Jannah will be a grade higher than a Muslim man marrying just a Muslim woman?  (provided both men are equal in all aspects of following Islam in prayer, Zakaat, Hajj etc)

Thank you.

Wa alaykum as salaam

Well first he can't 'revert' her.The only way a woman becomes a Muslim is by choosing to do that herself - she would only be deceiving herself if she did it for the man and not Allah. Secondly the quran permits men to marry those women who are Christians or Jews so it is not necessarily a bad thing.if they have children the child will be a Muslim. Of course if the man educated her about Islam and then she became a Muslim by her own choice surely he would get a rewards. However I haven't come across anything (others can correct me if I am wrong) that states his reward would be greater than those men who marry Muslim women. 

As one member said above although it can be allowed doesn't mean it is recommended. A muslim man should be sure that the woman he marries won't take him away from his faith and must think of the problems that differences in belief may have in the future. And also I think Muslim men in non Muslim countries shouldn't marry non Muslim women as opposed to Muslim women - this is just my opinion by the way not an Islamic ruling. I think this because already when a man lives in a non Muslim country he may feel pressure to move away from his religion so he should marry a good Muslim woman to remind him of Islam. 

Wa alaykum as salaam

Well first he can't 'revert' her.The only way a woman becomes a Muslim is by choosing to do that herself - she would only be deceiving herself if she did it for the man and not Allah. Secondly the quran permits men to marry those women who are Christians or Jews so it is not necessarily a bad thing.if they have children the child will be a Muslim. Of course if the man educated her about Islam and then she became a Muslim by her own choice surely he would get a rewards. However I haven't come across anything (others can correct me if I am wrong) that states his reward would be greater than those men who marry Muslim women. 

As one member said above although it can be allowed doesn't mean it is recommended. A muslim man should be sure that the woman he marries won't take him away from his faith and must think of the problems that differences in belief may have in the future. And also I think Muslim men in non Muslim countries shouldn't marry non Muslim women as opposed to Muslim women - this is just my opinion by the way not an Islamic ruling. I think this because already when a man lives in a non Muslim country he may feel pressure to move away from his religion so he should marry a good Muslim woman to remind him of Islam. 

There is an issue with this too, especially for reverts.  Reverts are not going to know as much about Islam, to begin with and many Muslim women in non-Muslim countries are going to be from the middle east or Africa or somewhere like this and marrying someone from a different cultural background can cause problems as well as many misunderstandings unfold simply because of cultural upbringings.

:sl:

There is also the issue of children. Some non-Muslim wives insist that their kids are raised non-Muslims. Muslim men should not allow this on any cost, because he is the one who will be held responsible before Allah for how he raised his children. Their wives should help raise them as Muslims, but that is hard to do, even if they're OK with it, since they usually have no Islamic background or knowledge. Its a complicated issue, and unless the wife is an angel, the future of the children would be at risk.