Islamic Forum
Amber

I Have Lost My Way.

If any of you remember, I took my Shahada a few months ago... And unfortunately, I lost my way. The story I'm about to tell is just FULL of Haram... I am so ashamed of myself, I have no idea what to do. 

When I originally took my Shahada, I had every intention of becoming a good Muslimah. I had every intention of doing all of my prayers. I had every intention of becoming a hijabi. I had EVERY intention in the world to be a good Muslimah... And I let lust take over me. 

I got a boyfriend. A very anti-islamic boyfriend. I loved him. I fell so hard for him. He turned me from my faith, and he did not truly love me. He used me. Not only did I have an anti-islamic boyfriend, but we had intercourse numerous times; and I truly believe that is the only reason he wanted me. I have no idea what to do at this point. We have broken up, and with that breakup I was finally clear-headed... And I realized, oh my God, I betrayed my faith in Allah for a human boy and for haram past-times and sin. 

I have no idea how to fix things now. My heart is still Muslim, but my actions have not been. I've been smoking (weed and tobacco), I had sex with my boyfriend, I... I just don't know where to start. I want to start over. I have no idea how. I need help. I need prayers. I don't know what to do. I just need advice. I want to be a good Muslimah but I don't know how to achieve that... Especially after all of these mistakes. :( 

Insha'Allah someone will be able to guide me. :( 

• Like 1

:sl:

sister,

You should not worry about this anymore. Whatever happened, happened. Just repent sincerely, and promise to never commit sin again.

The best way to come out of this is to make Muslim friends especially American Muslims and spend more time with them. As I have said earlier, going to Masjid near you will help you in making friends. You could also use social network to connect with Muslims in USA specifically near your state. You may also find your Muslim soul mate in this way.

Also remember that you should never ever show reluctance to repent after committing a sin.....Do not despair...

:sl:

sister,

You should not worry about this anymore. Whatever happened, happened. Just repent sincerely, and promise to never commit sin again.

The best way to come out of this is to make Muslim friends especially American Muslims and spend more time with them. As I have said earlier, going to Masjid near you will help you in making friends. You could also use social network to connect with Muslims in USA specifically near your state. You may also find your Muslim soul mate in this way.

Assalamu alaikum; 

Thank you so much brother. I will repent. However, I am not sure how to move forward after repentence; I took my Shahada a few months ago but never PUBLICLY took it at a Masjid, as there are hardly any Masjids around here. I am having trouble finding fellow Muslims in my area. I will be able to move away within about 5 months or so, and I am thinking of moving to an area with a greater concentration of Muslims. 

• Like 1

Where are you from sister? I have contact with many convert sisters across the world. Maybe we can find you a mentor.

• Like 2

Where are you from sister? I have contact with many convert sisters across the world. Maybe we can find you a mentor.

Sister, I live in Virginia in a very small town with almost no Muslim population (if you want the name of the town, I can tell you in private.) It is SO hard for me to stay on track with finding my faith in Islam when I am surrounded by bad influences. :( Insha'Allah I will find my faith. 

• Like 1

Hint: PMing (private Messaging) can be used to contact someone privately

http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?app=members&module=messaging

Wa 'alaikumu as-salam

As others have said, repent and do not despair. Start praying. Stop seeing people who have a bad influence upon you.

Wa 'alaikumu as-salam

As others have said, repent and do not despair. Start praying. Stop seeing people who have a bad influence upon you.

It's so hard to stay away from those who have bad influences on me, though, because in a sense... They're all I have. :( I do not have a large family or many friends, and some of the friends I do have aren't the best people... But Alhumdullilah they are company, and I'm such a people-person by nature. If I am not around people, I become very sad... There aren't many Muslims around here, therefore I can't really make close Muslim friends. :( 

I'm not Muslim, and I don't know how much they believe in the bible and it's stories... but I always liked the story of the whore who was about to be stoned. But Jesus stopped the punishment, and simply said "Go, and sin no more".

Obviously this means even if you've led a bad life before, you are always welcome to start again and do things the right way from now on.

Good luck, and best wishes!  :)

I'm not Muslim, and I don't know how much they believe in the bible and it's stories... but I always liked the story of the whore who was about to be stoned. But Jesus stopped the punishment, and simply said "Go, and sin no more".

Obviously this means even if you've led a bad life before, you are always welcome to start again and do things the right way from now on.

I guess it may sound strange coming from a revert Muslimah, but I have read the bible. I've always loved Jesus and even though Muslims believe the bible is distorted, the Quran shares many of the stories the Bible tells. :) 

Critics say that it was not part of the original text of John's Gospel.

Biblical scholars do agree on two things: The Bible story should be set apart with a note, and Christians should be cautious when reading the passage for their personal devotions.

Translation teams have struggled with how best to present the story. Some place brackets around the story (RV, NRSV, GNB, ESV), print it in a smaller font (TNIV), or place it at the end of the gospel (REB), all with notes of explanation, said Howard Marshall, professor at the University of Aberdeen. Textual notes are generally added when the traditional King James Version differs significantly from the texts of the Greek New Testament that today's English translations are based on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_and_the_woman_taken_in_adultery

http://www.billmuehlenberg.com/2011/05/03/difficult-bible-passages-john-753-811/

Amber, thank God that such a bad person left you. Now it's a new beginning Inshhaa'Allah. This book is good, read a page everyday !

I am thankful, but at the same time, my heart wants him back. Maybe it's not him I really want, I think it's compassion. I've always been the girl who's dreamt of her wedding day, and unfortunately I've spent my time doing haraam instead of becoming involved in a Muslim community where I could strengthen my faith and possibly find a Muslim man worthy of my time. And I will take a look at that book, insha'Allah. 

I've always been the girl who's dreamt of her wedding day

All girls dream this, sister. But you have to choose the right guy for you, don't you? Marriage is a serious issue, the decision should be taken carefully and once if possible. Give your heart to the one who really worths.

Your lost, take a bus!

what is this now?

When im lost, i get on a bus and ask the bus driver where i am, because Allah pbuh never came into my life. So i get on buses ok.

When im lost, i get on a bus and ask the bus driver where i am, because Allah pbuh never came into my life. So i get on buses ok.

are you drunk?

Stoned actually. No offense, i do hope you find your way again in your faith. I never had the slightest chance.

I never had the slightest chance.

Have you ever tried?

A little is not enough. I have a lot of difficulties in my life, but i try my best, and always trust in Allah. If i lose my hope, it means i dont have a totally faith on Allah. He tests us in difficult ways, because this world is created for trying hard and the real life will begin after we die. I want to show you those ayats about it:

SURAH 94: AL INSHIRAH (The Expansion of the Breast).

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful

1 Have we not expanded your breast?

2 And removed from you your burden

3 Which galled your back?

4 And raised high the esteem in which you are held?

5 So, verily, with every hardship, there is ease:

6 Verily, with every hardship there is ease.

7 Therefore, when you are free, still labour hard,

8 And to your Lord turn your attention.

• Like 1

A little is not enough. I have a lot of difficulties in my life, but i try my best, and always trust in Allah. If i lose my hope, it means i dont have a totally faith on Allah. He tests us in difficult ways, because this world is created for trying hard and the real life will begin after we die. I want to show you those ayats about it:

SURAH 94: AL INSHIRAH (The Expansion of the Breast).

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful

1 Have we not expanded your breast?

2 And removed from you your burden

3 Which galled your back?

4 And raised high the esteem in which you are held?

5 So, verily, with every hardship, there is ease:

6 Verily, with every hardship there is ease.

7 Therefore, when you are free, still labour hard,

8 And to your Lord turn your attention.

Mashallah. I know this post wasn't directed at me, but I needed to read that. It helps me a whole lot, Alhumdullilah. 

• Like 1