Islamic Forum
Amber

Please Make Dua For My Grandmother. :(

Assalamu alaikum, brothers and sisters. My family is going through so much stress right now. My grandmother (who I live with) has been heavily distressed since my grandfather died a year ago, and she is not improving. I have tried so much to help her, and nothing seems to improve her depression. Alhumdullilah she is surrounded by people who love her, but nothing seems to help. Insha'Allah I am attempting to gently persuade my grandmother toward Islam; she is a Christian but has lost her faith, and Allah willing she will find the beauty of Islam. 

Please, please make Dua for my dear grandmother. :( She is hurting so much emotionally, she has no faith, she cries so often and it breaks my heart how depressed and unhappy she is. She has raised me since I was so young and Alhumdullilah she is practically my mother.

Insha'Allah our Duas will be accepted. 

• Like 1

PropellerAds

Wa alaykum salam,

sister, such a sad situation. I hope you can help her by introducing Islam. does she know you're muslim and how Islam affects you? May Allah help you two.

:wa:

May Allah (SWT) show her the straight path and make it easy for her.

Wa alaykum salam,

sister, such a sad situation. I hope you can help her by introducing Islam. does she know you're muslim and how Islam affects you? May Allah help you two.

I hope I can help her, too. No, she doesn't know about my conversion to Islam; and to top things off, my conversion has been a little rough. I'm still having trouble easing my life into obeying Allah. It's a slow process, but alhumdullilah I am certainly a better person since my conversion, and I hope I do nothing but improve, and I hope she sees that improvement so that when I DO tell her I've converted, insha'Allah she will see how Islam has made me a better person.

I did mention Islam to her the other day, though. She said she had lost her faith, and I mentioned that Muslims are appointed to praying 5 times a day, and it helps them remember their faith in Allah throughout the day. She said she may begin to pray 5 times a day at the appointed times Muslims do, even though she's a Christian. :)  I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction! 

• Like 1

:wa:

May Allah (SWT) show her the straight path and make it easy for her.

Insha'Allah she'll find her way. :( Poor woman's having such a hard time, it breaks my heart. May Allah heal her wounds and show her the beauty of Islam. 

• Like 1

Insha'Allah she'll find her way. :( Poor woman's having such a hard time, it breaks my heart. May Allah heal her wounds and show her the beauty of Islam. 

Ameen!

• Like 1

:sl:

I pray that Allah Al-Mighty guide her to the true path, ease her sufferings and heal her depression.

Waalaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

I pray that she gets better soon. Does she hate Islam or what, if you don't mind me asking?

Waalaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

I pray that she gets better soon. Does she hate Islam or what, if you don't mind me asking?

No, sister, she does not hate Islam; she just does not know of my conversion. She is a Christian and has lost her faith, so I told her how Muslims pray 5 times a day, and how it helps them remember Allah and have strengthened faith throughout the day. She's currently considering praying 5 times a day at the same times we, as Muslims, are to do so, Alhumdullilah. I'm hoping this could be a good start. 

Masha Allah. This may be rude of me, but is she very old? I'm asking because of the prayer steps...

She is 69 years old. I'm not sure if she would be able to do the steps, however if she's unable to, I'm not quite sure how to help her... Is it permissible to pray Salat without doing all of the physical steps if your health won't allow you to do so? She does have a bad back and weak knees, she has problems kneeling and then getting back up, and that's where my concern lies. 

I personally think she can pray seated... :/

• Like 1

Yes sister. Prayers can be done anyway possible. Even if someone cannot move a muscle, they can pray with their eyelids.

In the case of your GM, if she cannot stand and knee, she can pray sitting, and bow half way for rokoo, and bow full down, or as close as she can, to her lap for sujood.

​As for ablution, if she cannot go to the bathroom, you can bring her a clean little rock, clay or and, where she touches with her hand and do tayammum, as if the rock is the tab water.

She only needs to wipe her face and arms with her hand, touching the stone/clay each time.

Btw, once she prays, she becomes a Muslima, because during prayer, in tashahud, she says the shahada (declaration of faith), so I think you should let her know that.

Thank you very much, brother. And of course I will discuss all of these things with her, including the fact that if she does decide to pray as a Muslim does, she becomes a Muslimah. I'm not quite sure if she'll go through with it or not, but just the fact that she's being accepting and showing interest is a good start, Mashallah. 

Btw, once she prays, she becomes a Muslima, because during prayer, in tashahud, she says the shahada (declaration of faith), so I think you should let her know that.

Salam alaykum,

Dear uncle dot, doesnt someone have to have a faith on Islam completely with all his heart (which as far as i know imaan is all about this)? Without knowing and telling shahada means he becomes a muslim?

You're right sister Muzur, specially if she will say the tashahud in Arabic (as it should). However, honesty dictates that she let her GM know the meaning of what she would be saying in her prayers.