• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 fathi

fathi

• PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

As-salaam alaiykum wa rahmatullah,

I have a few inquiries regarding Ramadan this year.

1.  What is the day of eid salah?

2.  If a person still has loans (riba) is there even a point to fasting? (even if the brother has done everything possible to try to remedy the situation but cannot presently)

3. how long before the sunrises should a person not have eaten? (I only ask this question because it was very confusing to me last year.  I had one brother telling me as long as the sun has not risen, I had another say not after fajr. )

#2 dot

dot
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Wa alaikum assalam brother

That is to be determined when they look up the new moon of the next month. Its either after 29th or 30th of ramadan.

2.  If a person still has loans (riba) is there even a point to fasting? (even if the brother has done everything possible to try to remedy the situation but cannot presently)

Fasting is one of the 5 pillars of Islam, so you have to fast regardless of any other committed sin. You did your best to pay your loans, and inshsa'Allah Allah will forgive you.

3. how long before the sunrises should a person not have eaten? (I only ask this question because it was very confusing to me last year.  I had one brother telling me as long as the sun has not risen, I had another say not after fajr. )

The time of fajr is when you stop eating and drinking.

#3 fathi

fathi

• PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

Wa alaikum assalam brother

That is to be determined when they look up the new moon of the next month. Its either after 29th or 30th of ramadan.

Fasting is one of the 5 pillars of Islam, so you have to fast regardless of any other committed sin. You did your best to pay your loans, and inshsa'Allah Allah will forgive you.

The time of fajr is when you stop eating and drinking.

1.  So I am correct in assuming that it still remains undetermined? kool

2.  .... will return to this after 3

3.   thank you for the clarification

back to 2.   shukran I don't know if you know how much your words meant.  I understand what you mean as it being obligatory and that does make since.  But, the part afterwards nearly brought me to tears, truly.  This whole ordeal has laid very heavy on my heart indeed and run through my brain.  insha'Allah Allah (swt) forgives me because I do regret it, I am remorseful and I am trying to find a way out of it.

#4 fathi

fathi

• PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

I have a new question that just arose.  Does the moon have to viewed locally for the fast or can it be viewed anywhere?

#5 A-H

A-H

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:I've always loved language. It's art to my ears, music to my tongue, and utter chaos for the pen; it could never keep up.

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

I have a new question that just arose.  Does the moon have to viewed locally for the fast or can it be viewed anywhere?

The Issue of Moon Sighting

#6 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

• IF Guardian
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

wa alaykum as salaam 

brother you must enter ramadan with a positive mindset. It is shaytan who will try to pull us away by saying things like you sinned so you shouldn't fast, you are weak so you shouldn't fast, you aren't ready so you shouldn't fast. Do not give in to these thoughts because Ramadan is a really important month for Muslims and you must show Allah that you are really committed to Him. May Allah make it easy for you, Ameen.

#7 dot

dot

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Regarding moon sighting, its not you who should view it. Just follow your Muslim community of the state, or USA.

Check this out :

http://www.islamicfinder.org/

https://www.facebook.com/amc.usa.tx

Btw, Ramadan starts this Wednesday (Jul 10, 2013) in Saudi Arabia, Egypt and most Muslim countries.

#8 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

• IF Guardian
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

Btw, Ramadan starts this Wednesday (Jul 10, 2013) in Saudi Arabia, Egypt and most Muslim countries.

What I am so confused? I already started to fast today

#9 Saracen21stC

Saracen21stC

• IF Moderator
  • 3,259 posts
  • Interests:Studying Islam (and other religions), Learning different languages and cultures, reading (e)books (preferably religious and history books).

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

:sl:

So what will you do now?

#10 Younes

Younes

• IF Guardian
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

As-salamu 'alaikum

There are differences in moon sighting. Some see the Moon earlier than others. It's no big deal.

#11 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

• IF Guardian
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

Oh well Turkish people started fasting yesterday so I just presumed places like Saudi would also. I already knew that usually North America has different timings but considering Turkey and Saudi are closer I didn't think it would be that different. Am kind of surprised. 

#12 CA TEAM

CA TEAM

• PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:30 PM

#13 dot

dot

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

Each Muslim should follow what their Muslim community imam announces. There can be 2 sometimes 3 days of differences between different countries. This is alright, as long as the whole country begin fasting at the same day, and that you do not fast on your own, but follow what your Muslim community in your country says. This is important, so that all Muslims in your country celebrate the eid at the day.