• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fathi

fathi

• PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

as salaam alaiykum rahmatullah

(note: feel free to move this thread if one thinks there is a better place for it)

I am inquiring on here because I could use a prayer rug and a Qur'an with transliteration but do not have either.  Also if anyone has a knitted kufi.  I understand not everyone has these things but I think these will help me. 

If anyone is willing to help out with this as I do not have the funds (presently have 5 bags of ramen noodles and two things of peanut butter and do not get paid until the 1st of August.) feel free to private message me and I will give you an address to send it. 

#2 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

• IF Guardian
  • 2,063 posts
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

wa alaykum as salaam 

Don't you have a local masjid you can go to usually they offer these resources to new Muslims. By the way a prayer rug isn't an essential item that you need, you can pray on a clean sheet or towel also. Just as long as you pray on something that is clean it is ok. 

#3 fathi

fathi

• PipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

wa alaykum as salaam 

Don't you have a local masjid you can go to usually they offer these resources to new Muslims. By the way a prayer rug isn't an essential item that you need, you can pray on a clean sheet or towel also. Just as long as you pray on something that is clean it is ok. 

I live in a city in the state of Alabama that most do not even know exists so you can imagine how extensive the resources of the local masjid is

#4 ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost

• IF Guardian
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Well I suggest you don't worry about not having a prayer mat since it is not essential. And hopefully somebody can help you with the quran. I know websites that post free quran's and islamic books but I don't know one that sends a quran with transliteration, maybe somebody else knows or can help you with that. I will keep my eye out though.

#5 dot

dot

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

We have a Quran transliteration right here in the forum:

Quran+English+transliteration+sound