Islamic Forum
the_vulcan

I Follow The 5 Tenants Of Islam. Can I Marry A Muslim Now?

Assalaam Alaikum friends. I am (rather was) a Hindu and I am in love with a Muslim girl. We have known each other for 3 years, have been the best of friends are deeply in love with each other and want to get married. No surprises that her family is against this.

I decided to read the Holy Quran to get more perspective and found out that I believe in what is written in the holy book.

I always have believed in the oneness of God, I believe that Prophet Muhammed (SAWS) was Allah's Messenger, I do Zakat, I am keeping the fasts during Ramadan and I pray to God as well. This leaves only pilgrimage from the five tenants of Islam which I plan to do some time really soon.

I would also like to say that I am doing all this wholeheartedly. The girl may be the reason, but I believe in what I am doing is right and is by the will of Allah. I will follow the tenants for the rest of my life.

Am I eligible to marry her now?

Her family still seems to have a problem, but now they are being unreasonable and not giving any reasons.  :mellow: 

Please help me friends. Am i missing something? Am i on the correct path? help.gif

Ramadan Karim to all!

Allah Haafiz.

PropellerAds

Wa alaikum assalam brother

AFAIK, there are major differences between Islam and Hinduism.

If you believe in all what Islam says, why not recite the shahada now and become a real Muslim? this is the first pillar of Islam, and it comes on top of the five pillars (hajj is not required, unless you are able financially and physically.)

Here is a simple tutorial on how to say the shahada (declaration of faith):

But before that, let me ask you one question: if the parents of the girl you love refused completely to give you their daughter, and the girl herself obeyed their parents and cut relations with you, all before you become a Muslim, would you go ahead and convert to Islam? If the answer is yes, say the shahada right now. If the answer is no, then you need to read more about Islam until you become convinced that Islam is the truth and best way of life, then say the shahada with confidence deep in your heart.

• Like 1

Wa 'alaikumu as-salam

Do you identify yourself as a Muslim? Have you pronounced the shahada? Have renounced your former faith? If the answer to these questions is "yes", then you are a Muslim and you can marry the Muslim girl. The reason why I am asking is because you have "Other religion" as your religion.

It is not required of you to complete Hajj in order to become Muslim. Don't get me wrong. Hajj is obligatory upon all Muslims who have the means, but not having been to Hajj does not make you a non-Muslim - otherwise the vast majority of Muslims wouldn't be Muslim!