Islamic Forum
dot

I'm Tired Of Those People

:sl:

Dear members

That's it. I'm really tired of wasting our time and yours on non-Muslims who come here with a preset mind against Islam and Muslims. They keep repeating the same questions, and each time one of them join the forum, all members spend hours replying to them with excellent replies and the kindest words, trying to show them the truth. Then the same is repeated time and time again, with thousands of new comers. It sometimes works, but most of the time it doesn't. Most of them have their brains locked for good.

Something should be done to stop the bleeding of your time and efforts.

Something is wrong with the whole concept of discussion boards. Same discussions are started over and over again, and the same sincere answers of Muslims who dedicate much of their time and efforts are being wasted on people who's minds and hearts are locked. Then the same efforts are made with the next non-Muslim, and the next.. endlessly.

I'm trying to find out a setup, where we:

1- do not shut out any new non-Muslim who comes to our forum doors

2- But waste as less as possible of our members' time and efforts

Any ideas?

I'm thinking, maybe we should ask the non-Muslim to read an ebook or something first (related to his question of course) before we reply to his questions. If he is sincere, he would read it, then we can start discussing with him any part he chooses from that source. This way we deny him any ill reference he could be having ready before he joins the forum. Those who come to repeat the lies of the anti Islamic websites will find that they will have to set those resources aside, and discuss only what we ask them to read. What do you all think?

• Like 1

PropellerAds

Wa 'alaikumu as-salam

It does not have to be an e-book. It can be thread which has link to other threads where these questions are answered, i.e. a compendium of sorts. This main thread can have different sections for different topics. For example:

Why is polygamy allowed in Islam? (Link to a thread that discusses the issue)

Why are Muslims terrorists? (Link)

...and so and so forth

I think most of the stuff has been answered here on forum. Now is the time to collect it all under thread. In the beginning, I intended to write articles regarding the topic concerning Christians. However, time has not permitted to do so. Anyway, as I said, I think most of the stuff has been said. Plus, I think it's better if the reader can see both the Islamic and non-Islamic point of view since most threads here are discussions, not articles. Plus, it will save us the time of writing everything a second time.  

I am a non-Muslim I think there is just a lot of misconception about y'all religion but one thing to remember there is always going to be people who are stubborn and have cruel things to say or just keep asking or saying the same thing but to keep a good heart you should never stop trying to reach out to them as best you can. people who post or ask the same question the readers have the same option to reply if they want or not. It happens with alot of religions there is always going to be those people who have something to say or something to ask but that does not mean you should give up on them. I know that maybe I'm out of my place because I am not Muslim but I was the same way before I met my husband and granted that I am set on staying Catholic I have learned so much from my husband and I respect Islam so much more now than ever and if he had given up on me and my continuous questions I would have never had the respect for Islam that I have now. I know people constantly think terrorist when I tell them my husband is Muslim and I always tell them my husband is a good man and he is devout to his religion he has had his doubts but only because he had so many questions and no one could ever answer them but he is not a terrorist there are good and bad people in every religion that does not define their religion they are just bad people who Muslim as there are in Christianity.

At first I said I would raise my kids with both religion but after the conversations from here and the support of people of my questions I think it is best for our kids to be raised as Muslims but I will remain Catholic as it stands but who knows I cannot predict the future maybe later I might convert only God knows. But it's just my personal opinion. I just think you should continue to stay strong and keep telling the truth all it takes is one person at a time. :)

[at]naliciar

Thanks for your input. Of course we will never give up on anyone who joins this forum. But our situation is a bit different than that of your dear hubby. He only has to answer your questions, while we've been doing so for thousands of people over a little more than a decade. All we're looking for is a way to avoid repeating the same answers to the same questions and accusations, to save us all time and efforts.

[at]Younes

A very good idea. We can combine both ideas, starting a topic that has links to downloads, websites, articles and topics, sorted by categories and subjects.

I ask you and all the good members of the forum to help me collect as much links to valuable topics, and post them here. Please type each subject in its own line, then the links to the relevant topics, downloads or web pages under that subject. Then I'll organize them all in a topic that we'll refer future questioners to.

• Like 1

I like the link idea.  I think that letting them see past discussion is a good way to respond but in the case of Christians we really should start trying to garner a group of former Christians that can speak to them.  Someone who is born Muslim will always have difficulty in discussing with Christians because they really and truly do not understand it just like the born Christian does not, usually, understand Islam.  But those who have reverted to Islam from Christianity understand both.

• Like 1

Assalamualaikum,
I have told you about that a long time ago, Brother, but maybe only recently you realized about it. Indeed there are some groups of nonmuslim people who intend not to seek knowledge on Islamic forum, but only want to create havoc even destroy that forum. They will use the most polite words ever to avoid being banned but will keep attacking Islam if given chance without even looking at our explanation at all. They will repeat the same question over and over again or pretend to be dumb eventhough we have defeated their arguments. Even those "polite people" have their own forum where they create their strategy together and mock us here on Islamic forum. I have met those people before therefore I knew. They have been banned anywhere so maybe they try their luck here because this forum is not that stritch.
I like Brother Younes' suggestion, but I want to add more:

1. If the question has been answered but the nonmuslim member shows the sign of repeating the question over and over again/making endless thread then quickly lock the thread after giving final answer from our side
2. Ban those members who keep attacking Islam over and over again aften given explanation

That's it. I hope it helps
Wassalam

Wa alaiokum assalam sister

Jazakum Allahu khayran for your concerns.

1- The locking of repeated topics after giving links is a good idea. It can easily be applied. Actually they can both be preformed automatically by a single click that can be made available for moderators.

2- Rule #20 handles those people. They are given 3 points, then if they keep attacking Islam and show no sign of interest in learning the truth, they get another 3 points. The 6 points suspends their accounts for 30 days. After that, if they insist, 3 more points will ban them for good. Several anti-muslims have already been handled by that rule.

• Like 1

Salaam,

I'm involved a lot in the motoring world in the UK and I recieve much criticism from ill informed morons. I used to try and educate them but they don't want to learn. So I pretty much mock them. It isn't the Islamic way but it sure gets them off my back.

The most common two are;

1) Halal meat is barbaric

Answer - you believe in nature and we are all animals via evolution have you ever noticed that when a hunting animal goes for its prey it goes straight for the neck meaning an easy kill. Halal is only following natures way.

2) Mohammed (pbuh) married a 6 year old

Answer - You're going to argue about a guy who lived 1400 years ago in a total different era and customs and compare him to today? Are you really that insecure?

Shuts most people up. Of course I always ask them to join an Islamic forum to learn if they want to learn.

• Like 1

Salaam,

I'm involved a lot in the motoring world in the UK and I recieve much criticism from ill informed morons. I used to try and educate them but they don't want to learn. So I pretty much mock them. It isn't the Islamic way but it sure gets them off my back.

The most common two are;

1) Halal meat is barbaric

Answer - you believe in nature and we are all animals via evolution have you ever noticed that when a hunting animal goes for its prey it goes straight for the neck meaning an easy kill. Halal is only following natures way.

2) Mohammed (pbuh) married a 6 year old

Answer - You're going to argue about a guy who lived 1400 years ago in a total different era and customs and compare him to today? Are you really that insecure?

Shuts most people up. Of course I always ask them to join an Islamic forum to learn if they want to learn.

just as note, many highly educated Muslims that I have spoke to in person including my local imam have said that a lot of modern scholars believe that this previous belief that Aisha was six or nine was in fact inaccurate.

http://www.muslim.org/Islam/aisha-age.htm

just as note, many highly educated Muslims that I have spoke to in person including my local imam have said that a lot of modern scholars believe that this previous belief that Aisha was six or nine was in fact inaccurate.

http://www.muslim.org/Islam/aisha-age.htm

As-salamu 'alaikum

The above site is not a Muslim site. It is an Ahmadi site: They believe Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is the Promised Messiah and other false beliefs. 

Anyway, the age of 'Aisha (ra) has been mass-transmitted. She herself said that she was nine. 

It's quite obvious why some modern "scholars" try to come up with theories that Aisha wasn't nine - they try to appease to modernity. Back in history, the age of Aisha was never an issue. The Prophet (pbuh) married her when she reached puberty. The enemies of the Prophet (pbuh) didn't criticize this marriage. Even after the Prophet's (pbuh) death, the enemies of Islam, namely the Jews and Christians, never criticized him for that. It is only during the modern era that this criticism has begun. What the Prophet (pbuh) did is not unusual from a historic perspective. Young girls got married when they hit puberty. The age of consent used to be 10 in the United States as well: http://www.ageofconsent.com/comments/numberone.htm

Now I will explain put under quotes is because these people aren't really scholars. They don't come from a long line of tradition where they received their education from somebody who can trace his scholarly lineage all the way back to the Prophet (pbuh). For example, being the Imam of a Masjid does not mean you are learned - honestly. Anybody can open up a Masjid and become an Imam. 

• Like 1

wa alaykum as salaam 

I think a tidy up of the forum is needed. It seems some parts of the forum are never in use and the last posts have been years ago. I think a section specifically for Christians is good which we already have but not much has been added there. Some of the posts related to common questions that Christians asked are lost among the list as new posts are added so I think the main topics they ask about such as the trinity, the nature of Jesus, original sin etc should be pinned topics so they are more easily accessed. I like the link ideas. 

• Like 1

I agree with you, but the problem is that child marriage is still being practiced today and children are dying because their uterus' is being ruptured during intercourse. In the Middle East, they are marrying children before they hit puberty and engaging in sex with these young children and some of them are grossly abused. src=""

frameborder="0"/>

Child marriage is acceptable in Islam, child sex is not. It's a problem of people doing what they want to do and trying to use religion to justify it (which is wrong in more than one way).

Point those people to this website. It's a collection of refutations of nonmuslims' accusations about Islam

www.letmeturnthetables.com

(Aisha marriage is explained in depth too)

Our duty is only to convey the message as the Prophets conveyed them according to the Quran. There methodology was not complex and did not involve long winded printed discussion.. If the kuffar reject the message and desist , forums can be a waste of time and you end up going round in circles. I have personally given up on long discussions and debates, prefer to keep it simple.

Therefore there is a wealth of authentic material available to send them and provide them to learn about Islam and  I feel there is far more effecient. And answer the sincere questioner.

I think all the people of this forum are not equal in their approach. So some repeating can be happened. But I think there should be a sub-forum for the "social problems" where we can share the social issue and find the solution.