Islamic Forum
ParadiseLost

Treatment Of Animals

Just watched a programme on the national geographic channel about people who own exotic animals. I am quite shocked at how these people who claim they love animals keep them locked up in their back gardens. There are people who own tigers and lions. Then there was a family who owned chimpanzees and treated them like their children even putting nappies on them. Then there were guys who own aligators and wrestle with the aligators for fun. I don't know how strong the laws are in the US for owning exotic animals but obviously in some states the law is very loose. I don't know if such a problem exists in Europe. But I was really surprised at how many people are involved animal blood sports and bet money on which animal will die first. I know that dog fighting is something that is illegal but exists in Europe too and its really awful. If you really loved an animal you would allow it to be wild like it was made to be and support its natural habitat. So many bad things happen because of the trade of exotic animals.

Alhamdulilah that we were taught better ways to treat animals!

• Like 1

PropellerAds

I was going to post a video here of an exotic animal trading market in saudi arabia but i cant.

Snakes, monkeys, parrots, chimps, owls, lizards all types

I love owls, they are beautifull creatures, its well known they should not be pets.

In india, for example, there was large increase in people keeping owls after the HARRY POTTER films! Which featured many owls.

You as muslims do this, i dont understand it, i can at least understand a man with no religion or beliefs doing it, though its still bad.

I know i wouldnt mis-treat animals, just from what i know and feel inside, i never had to be told, i just had my eyes open.

There are also Muslims who fornicate, rape, steal, plot, kill, lie..etc.

Muslims are not angels. Try not to picture us as a different species. We're humans just like everyone else.

Keeping an animal or bird in captivity is torturous in all religions, and even non-religions. Its inhumane and should be banned universally.

I was going to post a video here of an exotic animal trading market in saudi arabia but i cant

Why not? it would be interesting to watch. There are such markets in almost all countries, Muslim and non_muslim.

Speaking of the ill treatment of animals:

Bestiality brothels are spreading through Germany faster than ever thanks to a law that makes animal illegal but sex with animals legal, a livestock protection officer has warned.

Madeleine Martin told the Frankfurter Rundschau that current laws were not protecting animals from predatory zoophiles who are increasingly able to turn to bestiality as a 'lifestyle choice'.

She highlighted one case where a farmer in the Gross-Gerau region of southwest Germany, noticed his once friendly flock of sheep were beginning to shy away from human contact.

Full article