Islamic Forum
Guest FireyWitness

What Do Muslims Love About Jesus?

Guest FireyWitness

It seems that Jesus is just an argument for Muslims. I cannot understand what they love about Jesus. They keep telling me they love Him, but why? Is Muslim love for Jesus the antithesis of a Christians love for Jesus only? If the answer is yes, that makes my point completely.

Edited by Redeemed

PropellerAds

Prophet Jesus peace be upon him is one of Allah Almighty's Holiest Prophets.  It is he who will come to ultimately fight the army of the Devil and defeat it.  Allah Almighty will not send Muhammad, nor Moses, nor Noah, nor David, nor Solomon, nor Adam, etc... peace and blessings be upon all of them.  Allah Almighty clearly chose Jesus peace be upon him to take on this huge task.  Jesus is the Good that Allah Almighty wants to bring to mankind.  Jesus is the Good that will fight the evil of the Devil (Dajjal).

Jesus = Good
Dajjal = Evil

Let us look at few Sayings (Hadiths) from our beloved Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him regarding our beloved Prophet Jesus peace be upon him and the enemy that he will fight, the Dajjal:

Narrated Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman: "Subay' ibn Khalid said: I came to Kufah at the time when Tustar was conquered. I took some mules from it. When I entered the Masjid (of Kufah), I found there some people of moderate stature, and among them was a man whom you could recognize when you saw him that he was from the people of Hijaz.  I asked: Who is he? The people frowned at me and said: Do you not recognize him? This is Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman, the companion of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him).  Then Hudhayfah said: People used to ask the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) about good, and I used to ask him about evil. Then the people stared hard at him.  He said: I know the reason why you dislike it. I then asked: Apostle of Allah, will there be evil as there was before, after this good which Allah has bestowed on us?  He replied: Yes. I asked: Wherein does the protection from it lie? He replied: In the sword. I asked: Apostle of Allah, what will then happen?   He replied: If Allah has on Earth a caliph who flays your back and takes your property, obey him, otherwise die holding onto the stump of a tree.  I asked: What will come next? He replied: Then the Antichrist (Dajjal) will come forth accompanied by a river and fire. He who falls into his fire will certainly receive his reward, and have his load taken off him, but he who falls into his river will have his load retained and his reward taken off him.  I then asked: What will come next? He said: The Last Hour will come.  (Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 35, Trials and Fierce Battles (Kitab Al-Fitan Wa Al-Malahim), Number 4232)"

Narrated AbuHurayrah: "The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: There is no prophet between me and him, that is, Jesus (peace_be_upon_him). He will descent (to the earth). When you see him, recognise him: a man of medium height, reddish fair, wearing two light yellow garments, looking as if drops were falling down from his head though it will not be wet. He will fight the people for the cause of Islam. He will break the cross, kill swine, and abolish jizyah. Allah will perish all religions except Islam. He will destroy the Antichrist (Dajjal) and will live on the earth for forty years and then he will die. The Muslims will pray over him.   (Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 37, Battles (Kitab Al-Malahim), Number 4310)"

Narrated Abu Huraira: "Allah's Apostle said, 'There are angels guarding the entrances (or roads) of Medina, neither plague nor Ad-Dajjal (i.e., Antichrist) will be able to enter it.'  (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues of Madinah, Volume 3, Book 30, Number 104)"

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: "The Last Hour would not come until the Romans would land at al-A'maq or in Dabiq. An army consisting of the best (soldiers) of the people of the earth at that time will come from Medina (to counteract them). When they will arrange themselves in ranks, the Romans would say: Do not stand between us and those (Muslims) who took prisoners from amongst us. Let us fight with them; and the Muslims would say: Nay, by Allah, we would never get aside from you and from our brethren that you may fight them. They will then fight and a third (part) of the army would run away, whom Allah will never forgive. A third (part of the army). which would be constituted of excellent martyrs in Allah's eye, would be killed and the third who would never be put to trial would win and they would be conquerors of Constantinople. And as they would be busy in distributing the spoils of war (amongst themselves) after hanging their swords by the olive trees, the Satan would cry: The Dajjal (i.e., antichrist) has taken your place among your family. They would then come out, but it would be of no avail. And when they would come to Syria, he would come out while they would be still preparing themselves for battle drawing up the ranks. Certainly, the time of prayer shall come and then Jesus (peace be upon him) son of Mary would descend and would lead them in prayer. When the enemy of Allah would see him, it would (disappear) just as the salt dissolves itself in water and if he (Jesus) were not to confront them at all, even then it would dissolve completely, but Allah would kill them by his hand and he would show them their blood on his lance (the lance of Jesus Christ).  (Translation of Sahih Muslim, The Book Pertaining to the Turmoil and Portents of the Last Hour (Kitab Al-Fitan wa Ashrat As-Sa`ah), Book 041, Number 6924)"

It is important to know that Jesus peace be upon him was strengthened by the Holy Spirit.  Jesus' place to Allah Almighty is very special. 

Every word that Jesus peace be upon him spoke during his ministry was the Word of Allah Almighty, because the Holy Spirit literally took over his tong; "We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of Messengers; We gave Jesus, the son of Mary, Clear (Signs) and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit....(The Noble Quran, 2:87)" 

Important Note:  Except for Allah Almighty's Revelations to His Prophets, not every word they spoke or instructed during their daily lives was truly inspired by Allah Almighty, because non of them except for Jesus peace be upon him had the Holy Spirit in him.  Note that in the Bible, we don't see Jesus saying things such as "GOD Almighty said....."  Jesus taught GOD Almighty's Revelations directly through his personal teachings.  Muhammad and Moses peace be upon them on the other hand, did separate Allah Almighty's Revelations from their daily Conversations/Sayings with people.

Jesus is not Allah Almighty, nor part of Allah Almighty.   Jesus was no more than a Messenger from Allah Almighty: "O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: nor say Of Allah aught but the truth.  Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah,  (The Noble Quran, 4:171)"

Jesus peace be upon him taught his followers to be Muslims: "And behold! I inspired the Disciples to have faith in Me [Allah] and Mine Messenger [Jesus]; they said, ''We have faith, and do thou bear witness that we bow to Allah as Muslims.'  (The Noble Quran, 5:111)"

Noble Verse 5:111 seems to agree perfectly with Jesus' teachings in the Bible's New Testament in Luke 6:40

Read more here.

The one who claims that ‘Issa (AS) is God, or that ‘Issa (AS) is the Son of God, or that God is a Trinity that includes ‘Issa is in fact the most distant from the teachings of ‘Issa (AS) even if he calls himself a devout Christian. Claiming love for someone implies that you adhere to what that individual stood for and called to. ‘Issa (AS) was never one who claimed any one of the previous three statements for himself. In fact neither did his true followers.

For this to become clear we will analyze four main points:

1. The Prophets of Allah are all Related.
  2. The Only accepted Deen (Religious Way of Life) is Islam.
  3. ‘Issa was but a humble Messenger and Prophet of Allah.
  4. ‘Issa distances himself from the slander and unjustified claims of Christians.

The Prophets of Allah are all related

Rasool Allah (SAAW) said:

"I am the most worthy of ‘Issa bin Marium in this life and in the hereafter." They (Sahaba) asked: "Why is that O Messenger of Allah (SAAW)?" He (SAAW) replied: "The Prophets are paternal (bloodline) brethren (from fathers side). Their mothers may be different (races, peoples, bloodlines) yet their Deen is always one (Islam)." Reported by Bukhari and Muslim.

Therefore this necessitates that he who disputes the validity of one of the true Prophets and Messengers has in fact reviled and disputed all of them. One cannot believe in Muhammad (SAAW) and not believe in ‘Issa (AS). Equally, one cannot truly believe in ‘Issa and not believe in Muhammad (SAAW). To truly accept one Prophet or Messenger necessitates the acceptance of all those who came before him and all who will come after him, ending with Muhammad (SAAW).

This concept is clearly portrayed in the Quran. Allah (SWT) mentions the first Messenger to humanity Nuh or Noah (AS) in the Quran. What is very interesting is that Allah (SWT) states in Surat ash-Shu‘arah (26:105) that "Nuh’s people disbelieved the Messengers." The point of relevance is that a plural (Messengers) is used in this ayah, yet we know that there were no Messengers sent to his people or humanity as a matter of fact. Allah only sent Nuh (AS) to his people and none other before him. This same concept is further emphasized in the same Surat. Allah (SWT) says:

"‘Ad’s people disbelieved the Messengers." Ash-Shu‘rah (26:123)

"Thamud’s people disbelieved the Messengers." Ash-Shu‘rah (26:141)

"Lut’s (Lot’s) people disbelieved the Messengers." Ash-Shu‘rah (26:160)

We know that to each of these people only one Messenger was sent to them.

Disbelieving in one Prophet or Messenger is disbelief in all the Prophets and Messengers.

Allah (SWT) says:

"The Messenger (Muhammad) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each believes in Allah, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. (They say,) ‘We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers.’" Al-Baqarah (2:285)

Therefore all the Prophets and Messengers are a fraternity of brethren through the lineage of their fathers. Even ‘Issa (AS), who was born without a fathers’ input into the equation of procreation is from the family of Bani israel the descendant of Ishaq (Isaac) son of Ya ‘qoub or Jacob (AS).

Even more important is to know that all the Prophets called to one and the same thing –Islam. This brings us to the second point of our analysis:

The Only accepted Deen (Religious Way of Life) is Islam

Allah (SWT) says: "Truly the religion with Allah is Islam." Ali-‘Imran (3:19)

All of the Prophets and Messengers came calling to the one true faith. They all were sent with one mission. They were selected to call people to singling out only Allah in worship and to disavow all other gods or deities while establishing Allah (SWT) alone as the One deserving all worship. All the Prophets and Messengers called their respective peoples to Islam.

Nuh (AS) called to Islam: Allah (SWT) says: "(Nuh said) But if you turn away (from accepting Islamic Monotheism) then no reward have I asked of you, my reward is only from Allah, and I have been commanded to be of the Muslims!" Yunus (10:72)

Ibrahim and Ya’qoub or Abraham and Jacob (AS) called to Islam: Allah (SWT) says:

"And who turns away from the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) except him who befools himself? Truly, We chose him in this world and verily, in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.

When his Lord said to him, ‘Submit (Be Muslim)!’ He said, ‘I have submitted myself (I am Muslim) to the Lord of the all that exists.’

And this (Islam) was enjoined by Ibrahim upon his sons and by Ya‘qoub (Jacob) saying, ‘O My sons! Allah has chosen for you the (true) religion, die not then except in the Faith of Islam (as Muslims).’

Or were you witnesses when death approached Ya’qoub? When he said to his sons, ‘What will you worship after me (my death)?’ They said, ‘We shall worship your God (Allah) and the God of your fathers, Ibrahim, Isma‘eel (Ishmael), Ishaq (Isaac). The One (God), and to Him we submit (are Muslim).’" Al-Baqarah (2:130-133)

Musa or Moses (AS) came with nothing other than Islam. Allah (SWT) says:

"And Musa said: ‘O my People! If you have believed in Allah, then put your trust in Him if you are Muslims.’" Yunus (10:84)

Yusuf or Joseph (AS) came calling his people to Islam. Allah (SWT) says:

"(Yusuf supplicated) My Lord! You have indeed bestowed on me of the sovereignty, and taught me something of the interpretation of dreams – the (Only) Creator of the heavens and the earth! You (O Allah) are my Wali (Protector, Helper, Supporter, Guardian) in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die as a Muslim (submitting to You alone) and join me with the righteous." Yusuf (12:101)

In turn, ‘Issa bin Marium (AS) came calling his people only to Islam. Allah (SWT) says: "Then when ‘Issa came to know of their disbelief, he said: ‘Who will be my helpers in Allah’s Cause?’ The disciples said: ‘We are the helpers of Allah; we believe in Allah, and bear witness that we are Muslims.’"

Ali-‘Imran (3:52)

And the finality of Prophethood, the Imam of the Messengers and the Leader of the Righteous, Muhammad (SAAW) was sent calling all of humanity not just a single people to Islam. Allah (SWT) says:

"This day I have perfected your religion for you (all humanity), completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion." Al-Ma’idah (5:3)

The religion of all those truly sent by Allah as Messengers was Islam.

‘Issa was but a humble Messenger and Prophet of Allah.

What is quite amusing to see is that there are those who accept the concept of Monotheism (Jews and Christians) yet reject it at the same time. The Jews reject known Prophets and Messengers of Allah. They at times went as far as executing them. This was planned for ‘Issa as will be explained later on in our discussions. Allah (SWT) describes this vividly in the Quran:

"Is it that whenever there came to you a Messenger with what you yourselves desired not, you grew arrogant? Some you disbelieved and some you killed." Al-Baqarah 2:87

On the other hand, those who claimed Christianity went too far in the veneration of their Prophet and Messenger ‘Issa. They corrupted his teachings by claiming for him things that he never stated for him self. They elevated ‘Issa after his departing them to a paganistic status that nullified whatever Monotheistic faith they had in their hearts.

Allah (SWT) says:

"And they say: ‘The Most Gracious (Allah) has begotten a son (or offspring or children).’ Indeed you have brought forth (said) a most terrible, evil thing. Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins, that they ascribe a son (or offspring) to the Most Gracious.

But it is not befitting (the Majesty) of the Most Gracious (Allah) that He should beget a son (or offspring).

There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Most Gracious as a slave." Marium (19:88-93)

Shaykhul Islam Ibn al-Qayyim has a beautiful poem dispelling the falsities and irrational of Christians past and present. He poetically states:

To the worshippers of the Messiah (‘Issa) we put forth a question.

We seek an answer from those who have comprehension.

If a god was to be put to death by a people

Can he be truly godly?

Stranger than a god being interned in a grave,

Is being confined in a womb

Remaining for nine months

In darkness; nourished from his mothers blood

Finally exiting the birth canal a small weak child

With open mouth seeking a breast to suckle

Suckling thus necessitating urination and defecation

Is this the God that you claim?!

Quite simply he is but a man who was chosen by Allah (SWT) as a caller to guidance and righteousness. Allah (SWT) says:

"The Messiah (‘Issa) bin Marium, was no more than a Messenger, many who were Messengers have passed away before him. His mother (Mary) was a Sidiqah (believed in Words of Allah). Both of them used to eat food (as all other human beings). Look how We make the Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, examples) clear to them; yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth)." Al-Ma’idah (5:75)

Some will ask, how can someone be born to a virgin mother and not be divine?

Allah (SWT) answers:

"Verily, the likeness of ‘Issa before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him (Adam) from dust, then (He) said to him: ‘Be!’ – and he was."

Ali-‘Imran (3:59)

Surely the creation of a complete physical man from dust is greater than the creation of ‘Issa. If Adam (AS) is not thought of as being divine, then why has the same claim been made for ‘Issa (AS)?

‘Issa distances himself from the slander and unjustified claims of Christians.

Allah (SWT) gives us a glimpse of what will be spoken by ‘Issa on the Day of Judgment in defense of himself and proclaiming his innocence and freedom from the unjustified claims of those who ascribed to him abominable lies.

Allah (SWT) mentions this to us in the concluding verses of Surat al-Ma’idah.

"And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Ressurection):

‘O ‘Issa, son of Marium! Did you say unto men: ‘Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?’’

He (‘Issa) will say: ‘Glory is to You (Alone)! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You surely, have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours; truly You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden and (unseen).’

‘Never did I say to them except what You (Allah) commanded me to say: ‘Worship Allah, My Lord and Your Lord.’ And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them; and You are a Witness to all things.’

‘If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily, You, only You, are the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.’

Allah will say: ‘This is a Day on which the truthful will profit from their truth: Theirs are Gardens under which rivers flow (in Paradise) – they shall abide therein forever.’ Allah is pleased with them and they are pleased with Him. That is the great success (Paradise).

To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is therein, and He is Able to do all things." Al-Ma’idah (5:116-120)

These are the words of truth that are undeniable by the one who possesses insight, rational and a clear understanding of Allah.

In our upcoming discussion we will analyze and discuss the Immaculate Conception from the Muslim perspective. Who was Marium and why was she chosen by Allah to carry ‘Issa (AS)? How was she made to conceive him? What were the circumstances before and after the Miraculous birth of ‘Issa (AS)?

These and other points will be discussed in part two of this four part series seeking to learn about the slandered and oppressed Prophet and Messenger of Allah ‘Issa bin Marium

Read more here.

If you believe we love Muhammad (pbuh), then just remember that Jesus (pbuh) is on the same level - a prophet and a messenger.

What about the prophet Joseph Smith? Muslims tell me to reject one prophet or messenger that came before or after Jesus is to reject all of them. Do you accept the prophet and messenger Joseph Smith? If not, why not?

As far as Jesus is concerned, a big part of the difference we have is the Bible and the Quran. According to the Bible Jesus is not a messenger; He is the Message. In the Quran, Jesus is both a prophet and messenger. I trust you know that there is a distinction or difference between messengers and prophets. Now I can accept that 'Issa is just a prophet messenger of Islam and not the son of God, but Jesus (Yeshua) isn't the same person IMHO. He is the son of God and to say this is not true is to drink in damnation according to the Holy Scriptures that came before.

The way Muslims see Muhammad as the final messenger Christians see Jesus as the final Savior of the world sent by God. If you reject Joseph Smith whom Mormons claim is the final prophet, you can understand how I can reject Muhammad as my prophet, but I do not deny you of him being yours. I respect your choice.

So the difference is the Bible and the Quran they carry clashing messages and we know that God is not the author of confusion. The only thing Muslims can say to get away from the Biblical message that Jesus is the Message and not a messenger is by saying the Bible is corrupted, but they cannot prove this or show when, how and why this happened.

The Book of Mormon and the prophet Joseph Smith like Muhammad never said anything negative about the Holy Scriptures that came before; so, the corruption Muslims speak of had to have happen sometime after Muhammad's death, but when, where, how and why? If you cannot say, why do you believe what you cannot account for?

Redeemed, for your information, Jews feel the same way about the New Testament. That's why they think that Muslims are the only proper monotheists beside them. 

Secondly, Allah says in the Qur'an that the People of the Book wrote the Book with their own hands and said, "This is from Allah", and that they corrupted it (refer to verses 2:75-79). Furthermore, the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said that the Jews and Christians falsified their Book: http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/evidence_that_islam_teaches_that_there_was_textual_corruption_of_the_christian_and_jewish_scriptures

Thirdly, I have given a link to a PDF-file which is a book that explains how the Bible got corrupted. So, stop asking these questions endlessly. 

We don't accept Joseph Smith because the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is the Final Prophet and Joseph Smith has not proven his Prophethood. 

Finally, the reason we love Jesus, peace be upon him, is because a Prophet and Messenger of Allah, one of the five Messengers of strong resolve. We love all the Prophets, peace be upon them all.

• Like 1

By the way, your thread was about why do we love Jesus, peace be upon him. We said that we love him because he is a Prophet of Allah like our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Stop going off on tangents about Joseph Smith, the Qur'an and the Bible not agreeing and the usual stuff you talk about. It is very annoying. If you want to talk about these other things, start a new thread for them. 

• Like 1

I guess the reason is because he's here to preach. He was given a lot of chances, but he's too busy playing his game of starting topics titled with what seems to hint a sincere intention to learn about Islam, only to hijack us all into Christian talk. This undercover preaching cannot go unnoticed.

There is no preaching unless we are willing to be preached to. If one treats it merely as discussion, that is what it will be. Once points and topics have been exhausted, they will begin to repeat and that is when less and less people will engage.

we love jesus because he is a prophet the same way as prophet muhammad. we wont reject any prophet as long as it is written in quran, since we think that quran is the only authentic holy book around

I am no less interested in seeing you become a Christian than you are to see me become a Muslim.

That is the definition of a preacher. Thank you for confessing it.

I don't fully understand what you mean by "Christian talk." For instance, how does one not talk Muslim talk on this forum? It is not possible; so how is it possible for me in a debate setting?

I thought you know, but here it is again: this is not a biased forum about world religions. As the name clearly states, this is an Islamic forum, all about Islam. We're a totally biased forum towards Islam. We allow debates only because it could help guide someone to Islam. That is why we hesitate to ban preachers: those who only circle around Christian talk, like you do, because we've seen some cases of preachers reverting to Islam. And that is why I have good news for you.. coming soon!

Edit

Redeemed, I can feel your sincerity.

I've started a discussion about the new policy, and I'm interested in knowing your opinion regarding it.

Also if you have any suggestions, please post them there for me. Your suggestions would be valuable to me. Thanks.

does that mean your wish for me to be Muslim like you makes you one as well?

Of course. I'm trying to be a preacher of the Islamic faith, though I'm not as good or knowledgeable enough.

I have no clue why people get touchy or offended when people call them preachers. This forum itself was built with calling for Islam in mind. Perhaps the only difference is that I welcome and advise only those who come to our door. Another major difference is that because Islam is the last message from our Creator, we Muslims have a duty upon us to call all people for Islam, because no more messengers will be sent to the human race again. You and me and Jews are all created by the same Creator. Our religion is one and the same, from the same author. You just insist on not letting go of an outdated corrupted version, when the new, final complete false-proof version is right there in front of your eyes.

I absolutely believe you love Muhammad and I believe you see them on the same level, but I also believe you can give me a reason why you love Muhammad, but if the reason that you love Jesus is because He is on the same level as Muhammad is not a reason, IMO.

My world view is that no prophet since the time of Abraham to date can compare to Him.

Well, what reasons have you seen for Muslims loving Muhammad (pbuh)?

Jesus (pbuh) brought a new and renewed message to the world. He preached of peace and obedience to God. These are traits which Muslims try to emulate. There also was the bit of rebel in him, which is what a lot of Muslims, especially in the West, emulate on a daily basis by not falling into western cultural practices (what we would call immodest dress and immoral behaviors). Much of this is attributed to following Muhammad (pbuh), but it could also be said to be following Jesus (pbuh). Muslims try to behave as all prophets and messengers, which can be demonstrated by the Hajj and Umrah experiences where the steps of Abraham (and Hagar) are retraced.

I think your Siggy sums up the crime of Paulinity in a nutshell.

"Jesus is not valued unless He is valued above all. Augustine"

Peace,

I love Jesus as he was chosen by Allah to be a prophet. He was not like other ordinary people, so he was chosen. And it was a miracle of Allah that he was born without a father. This shows Allah can do anything He wants, and He showed it through this miracle.

He was a holy prophet. Muslims believe in and love all prophets. Because they are much more closer to Allah, and they have a closer relationship with Allah than other people. He was sent with a holy book which we believe in. Just like many other prophets, he struggled with non-believers for the sake of Allah. So why shouldn't we love him?

But i must add that i love at the top the last Messenger Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wa sallam. But this does not mean that we give less value to other prophets. They are all important in muslims' hearts.

Jesus on the other hand, I love because he is not dead but living

Please clear this out for me. Doesn't Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross? or is it that you differ with that, and believe what the Quran said, that he didn't die, but was raised to God, alive up there now?

Aj4u, why do you keep coming back to these forums?

A prophet? do you consider Jesus a prophet?

And do you think he rose from the dead while here on earth, or after leaving it?

Thanks for your response. It is interesting listening to the different reasons why Muslims love Jesus.

I guess it is safe to say that you love all prophets because they were chosen by Allah. You said He was a Holy prophet. Is this something different about other prophets to you? Why do you believer they are closer to Allah/God? Why is it fair to love someone because God chose him to be a prophet? What about those who weren't chosen to be prophets who are close to God? Why is it possible for a prophet to be closer to God than a non prophet? Why do you love Muhammad more than Jesus? Isn't that being a respecter of persons?

I'll be honest with you, I don't love any prophets because they were chosen by God to be prophets, but if I had a chance to know them I am sure I could learn to love them as a friend, brother or believer.

Jesus on the other hand, I love because he is not dead but living, and I have a relationship with Him. I know Him and He knows me. I see all prophets (Exception Jesus) as ordinary people that God used to admonish, correct and guide people, but that doesn't mean that non prophets cannot do this for a certain people at a certain time and place.

Prophets are people like us chosen by God for a specific purpose and time. This doesn't make them closer to God then a non prophet believers, and God is never a respecter of persons like people have a tendency to be.

Prophets can fail, because they are just people. Look at the prophet David. He committed adultery and murder to cover it up, but he was considered a man after God's own heart because he repented. God looks at the heart of men and women and never respects persons. He doesn't love a prophet more because he chose him for a certain task. God is not unjust.

I asked why Muslims love Jesus, because they only see Him as a prophet no different than any other prophet. Since they don't know him like I don't know David, Noah, Abraham or Moses, I don't see what there is to love about him simply because God chose him and he isn't someone Muslims know personally as their savior like many Christians do.

On the other hand, I can love the God who chose all prophets I don't know personally, because I can see His handy work through their writings and in their lives, and I can be blessed by hearing and obeying God's word through them, but that doesn't mean God doesn't communicate with us in other ways through non prophets such as friends, neighbors, family, husband, wife or children, and etc.

You're welcome mate.

The reason why they were chosen is because they had more sincere hearts to Allah and they were real believers. Think about professions, for example a teacher can be very successful at his job while another teacher can be less successful and be loved less by students. Just like that, we humans have different potentials about being a slave to Allah, so our levels will be different from each other. This is not about unfairness. This is exactly a fairness. If a person with a bad heart would be chosen as a prophet, how would he be able to lead a lot of people in a proper way for the sake of Allah? So for me the first reason why i love all prophets and people that close to Allah is because they were chosen by Allah the Almighty. And i have no right to judge Allah anyway. This is about belief.

Of course we should know them by reading their lifes and how they lived a life on the path of Allah, so this will help us to love them more. You can love a person with your heart, not with your mind, you should feel it deep in your heart. And this happens when you start to believe :) When you fall in love with a girl, you do anything she wants from you, you try your best to make her feel good etc. And when someone asks you "why do you do this all", you can hardly find a tangible reason, you just answer that you just "love". Mind comes later than heart according to me. 

Every prophet has his own character and style, so it is good to know them one by one.

The thing is, aj4u, Prophets, peace be upon them, are the most beloved people to God, and we, Muslims, love those whom God loves. We love the righteous, and the Prophets, peace be upon them, are the most righteous. 

• Like 1

God doesn't love prophets anymore than he loves you or me. To believe He does love prophets more is a misconception of God's love and it lowers Him to the status of being a respecter of persons which is a human trait and idolatry.

This is why fabricated religions are dangerous. You are taught that God loves all, so you sleep on it, not knowing what your Creator is preparing for you in J-day.

Your Creator Allah Al-Mighty doesn't love idol worshipers and associators like yourself Redeemed. The only proof that your Creator loves you is when He guides you to the beauty of Islam. If you die as you are today, then we'll know that He sealed your heart and sight as a punishment for refusing to see the truth. If that is love to you, Enjoy! :D

Yes, but faith in what?

Your Creator's love is conditional. If you have faith in Him, and associate none besides Him, then He loves you and bestow His Mercy upon you. But if you associate others beside Him, you will not earn His love, but His wrath and severe punishment. Listen in awe to what your Creator said to our beloved Jesus Christ:

5:116} And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

5_116.png

117} I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.

5_117.png

118} If You should punish them - indeed they are Your servants; but if You forgive them - indeed it is You who is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

5_118.png

119} Allah will say, "This is the Day when the truthful will benefit from their truthfulness." For them are gardens [in Paradise] beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, Allah being pleased with them, and they with Him. That is the great attainment.

5_119.png

120} To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and whatever is within them. And He is over all things competent.

5_120.png

What about the second part of the shahada?

You keep repeating this slander of your Creator and our beloved prophet. You persist on implying that by saying the second part of the shahada "..and that Muhammah is His messenger" is sherk, ie. associating other beside Him.

I think you need sometime to yourself, to read more about this and reach an understanding of the very obvious in those direct and simple words of the shahada.

• Like 1

Allah is the Almight, of course i don't deny that even if a person has a dark heart, Allah could love him and lead him to the true path. That is what happens to the non-muslims when they convert or a muslim into a religious person. I said i don't ever judge Allah.

If someone kills my mum, i would want the killer to be burnt in hell, because he would cause me to live a hell in this world. Sorrows can just be felt inside, and the evil MUST BE punished somehow. Do not ever forget that you cannot be more loving and forgiving than Allah, He is THE MOST loving and forgiving, and He loves forgiving if a person begs to be forgiven. He has the perfect system ever, and we humans cannot create a perfect system like his. So levels are a must, why are there lawyers and courts in this world anyway? In hereafter there is the greatest law. Every human being demands justice both in this world and hereafter.

Every single thing which is created by Allah is for people. This dunyaa (world) is a test to reach goals. If there wouldnt be any tests and we lived our lives just for preasure we would become depressed. Dont you see the examples of that like Janis Joplin, Amy Winehouse etc. They had everything in their hands, but not the true goal which is about to serve Allah in the proper way. So they died in vain in young ages... Just because they didnt try to find their ways and passed away is not about the unfairness of Allah. THEY chose it that way, because Allah gave us freedom and ability of making a decision. You can't blame Allah no way for this. He created bad and good, and gave us a brain to think deeply. Nothing is created in vain. Everything has a reason.

You told me that i have misconceptions, okay this is your opinion about my thoughts, but how can you be sure of your thoughts that they are true? I don't trust my mind, i trust the teachings of Allah, and i speak about them. And this is called belief. Where do you get your source when you speak? I wish to be loved by Allah, so i show my respect and love to Him. A person wouldnt know or feel you love her if you didn't show her your love. Just like that, you have to show your love to Allah by practising His teachings and being graceful.

It could be the case he favors one greatly such as Mary was well favored of God, but that doesn't mean He loves her more. We might never know the reason God choses someone for a prophet, teacher or preacher.
God has gifted each person differently, but His love is not based on our talents or sincerity in the sense that if we become more sincere, He will love us more - No, it doesn't work that way. You use people for example. You should know that a woman could be in love with an insincere person and not love a sincere person. God's love has nothing to do with being a respecter of persons which is idolatry.

Now you are talking about qualifications; this has nothing to do with love. God gives talents to people and might choose them because they are better designed by God for that purpose. Others might have humble gifts but God doesn't love them any less. These are misconception people have

God created us in a world that isn't fair and God doesn't choose people because He loves them more or because they are more sincere to be a prophet. This kind of thinking breeds respecter of persons and idolatry

We can only know Jesus, but people only know about Him. All other prophets are not like Jesus and we cannot know them personally now. We can only know about them; so, I can only love God more for how He used prophets but never be a respecter of persons. That is the sin of idolatry. We cannot compare and contrast what God does based on human emotions and relationships that have nothing to do with reason or logic let alone God's mysterious ways. You have many misconceptions
You are loved

Jesus said we should "forgive those who trespass against us.

That means I should forgive someone who kills my mother, brother or father or all of them. If I cannot forgive them, then God will not forgive me for my many trespasses!

Forgiveness is powerful, but it doesn't mean the people will not be punished for their wrong. They will be punished, but we must have forgiveness in our hearts at all times. Having that kind of forgiveness is only possible in Christ. He said, "father forgive them for they know not what they do"

then who applies the law in Christianity the individuals or the church priests or the state/government?!!