Islamic Forum
Guest FireyWitness

Can A Bridge Be Built Between Islam And Christianity?

Guest FireyWitness

I wish there were but I don't see how. Do you?

PropellerAds

There have been efforts by the people on both sides, but it is difficult by each side needing to prove their own beliefs as right. Only once differences are set aside can progress be made.

We should build a relation based on our similarities, instead of our differences.

But first, there must be honesty in both sides, and a desire to reach for each other in peace.

Here is a  good example of that bridge: In Egypt, Muslims and Christians traditionally get along fine for centuries. A few guidelines they follow are things like:

- Neighbors congratulate each other's feasts and eids, invite each other for wedding parties, and comfort each other when someone gets ill or dies.

- Christians respect the month of ramadan and avoid food consumption in public during the day.

Countries could learn from those examples. Shared occasions and celebrations can spread love and peace between all.

When the US decided to bomb the Serbian army and stop them from massacring more Muslims, all Muslims were thankful.

But when it kills civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan, it becomes very hard to build that bridge. The peoples of those countries can get along fine. But its the politicians that always poison the air we breathe, with their greed for more power and wealth, on the cost of human lives. When there is blood in your hand, you'll look funny holding a flower.

There is an Arabic film about this, I believe it is Lebanese. It is called "Where do we go from here?". I think it was an... Interesting... Film, but it had a very good message in it. We can all get along until someone tells us not to - in this day and age, that "someone" is typically the media.

It is nice to think so but it is difficult when there are people on both sides who do not want this. We have a lot of similarities which I think we need to focus on for the future. More and more countries are introducing 'reforms' in society which are against both of our religious beliefs such as gay marriage. 

More and more countries are introducing 'reforms' in society which are against both of our religious beliefs such as gay marriage

We can go together fine from there. Someone should start a Christian-Islamic counsel,  where the 2 most popular faiths get together, and issue joint-statements and guidance to followers of both faiths worldwide, only in issues where both faith systems meet, such as gay marriages, and other crazy ideas the atheist west keeps coming up with. This will get us closer as time goes by.

I agree. there are theological differences between the religions but there are strong things they have in common. for example both religions believe in God, believe in moral behaviour and social justice.

For sure both can live side by side and manage daily life activity, as for belief comparison its difficult. 

I know in Islam that muslims should treat their neighbor with respect, no matter what belief they have. So that's a daily life communication between two different beliefs.

For sure both can live side by side and manage daily life activity, as for belief comparison its difficult.

I know in Islam that muslims should treat their neighbor with respect, no matter what belief they have. So that's a daily life communication between two different beliefs.

I wish more muslims would understand this. :(

Blessings

Edited by Tunisia

We should build a relation based on our similarities, instead of our differences.

But first, there must be honesty in both sides, and a desire to reach for each other in peace.

Here is a  good example of that bridge: In Egypt, Muslims and Christians traditionally get along fine for centuries. A few guidelines they follow are things like:

- Neighbors congratulate each other's feasts and eids, invite each other for wedding parties, and comfort each other when someone gets ill or dies.

- Christians respect the month of ramadan and avoid food consumption in public during the day.

Countries could learn from those examples. Shared occasions and celebrations can spread love and peace between all.

When the US decided to bomb the Serbian army and stop them from massacring more Muslims, all Muslims were thankful.

But when it kills civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan, it becomes very hard to build that bridge. The peoples of those countries can get along fine. But its the politicians that always poison the air we breathe, with their greed for more power and wealth, on the cost of human lives. When there is blood in your hand, you'll look funny holding a flower.

I agree with you 100%

The beliefs of each side should not only be respected but warmly welcomed.

Whenever my Muslim friends are praying or fasting I always say to them in Arabic "May Allah be pleased with your offering".

Whenever my Muslim friends are praying or fasting I always say to them in Arabic "May Allah be pleased with your offering".

How do you say it in Arabic?

How do you say it in Arabic?

I speak in the Lebanese dialect.

“Allah y2bul minuk” – I’m sure you already know it literally means “May God accept your offering”, the tone can also be used as “May God be pleased with your offering”.

• Like 1

This an interesting thread. I think the problem is with what I call the "Shouters." Instead of asking questions, they just keep SHOUTING the same tired phrases, over and and over again.

They say that they don't need to learn; they are only here to teach other people.

They are never willing to see the similarities, only the differences.

There can be a bridge of quiet dialogue between the two groups; and hopefully, the SHOUTERS will wear themselves out SHOUTING at each other.

This an interesting thread. I think the problem is with what I call the "Shouters." Instead of asking questions, they just keep SHOUTING the same tired phrases, over and and over again.

Yes and unfortunately it is the shouters that are heard the most. There are many towns or communities around the world where Christians, Jews and Muslims live side by side. There are different beliefs yet people generally get along. Unfortunately, such examples are rarely known because the shouters get more attention and therefore we can think of many examples where such groups don't live side by side peacefully.