Islamic Forum
dot

Why Did God Make It So Hard For Us Humans?

:sl:

People are usually drowned in materialistic pleasures that surround us everywhere. Most people don't stop much to ask themselves questions like..

Why is it that we know the purpose of our life yet we are not fulling the purpose of our creation?Why is it that we know we could die at any second yet we are not preparing for our imminent death?

Why is it that we know our life is short & temporary & that the Hereafter is for eternity yet we continue to invest everything into our short temporary life which can end at any second but neglect the Hereafter which will last forever?

..because we were not created pure and sinless, We were purposely created with a weak nafs/soul, vulnerable to the temptations of the devil, his allies and our own nafs.

Allah could have created us like angels, but He didn't. He created shaytan and our nafs to seduce us all the time into sinning, and only the strongest among us can escape those ruthless enemies of the human species.

The following words are only for Muslims to discuss. Non-Muslims please ignore what follows between brackets: (And as if all that was not enough, our Creator Himself warned us of his makr (plotting), and that no one should feel secured from it at any point in time. That situation makes us feel like an ant trying to survive a possible fall down of a mountain on its head at any time at all.)

Its a fierce test that no one asked for. We were brought here, only to be tested, through the toughest environment and obstacles from outside and from within. What a life !

I feel that we're a miserable species, really.

• Like 1

PropellerAds

Yea but I feel if we dwell on things like this too much we will become crazy and depressed. I prefer to think that yes while at times it feels as if we are ants climbing a mountain Allah also tells us many times how much he favours those who believe in Him. We must make a balance between fear of Allah and believing in the mercy of Allah.

Many thanks sister for your comforting words, and for your solidarity as one species.

Subhan Allah sister, you guided me to the answer of my question:

Allah Al-Mighty says in Quran chapter 39 (Az-Zumar):

۞ قُلْ يَـٰعِبَادِىَ ٱلَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا۟ عَلَىٰٓأَنفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا۟ مِن رَّحْمَةِ ٱللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَغْفِرُٱلذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا ۚ إِنَّهُۥ هُوَ ٱلْغَفُورُ ٱلرَّحِيمُ ﴿٥٣﴾وَأَنِيبُوٓا۟ إِلَىٰ رَبِّكُمْ وَأَسْلِمُوا۟ لَهُۥ مِن قَبْلِ أَنيَأْتِيَكُمُ ٱلْعَذَابُ ثُمَّ لَا تُنصَرُونَ ﴿٥٤﴾

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." (53) And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment comes upon you; then you will not be helped. (54)

Its as if Allah is saying to us that whatever sins the 3 powers, shyatan, our nafs and His makr caused us to commit, the door is always open for us to repent and return back to obeying our Lord, as soon as possible, to avoid dying on sins that we did not have the time to repent for.

We must be alert at all times, in case our Lord Al-mighty decided to take us back while in a weak moment. Most people get defeated one moment or the other in front of shaytan and nafs at least once in a lifetime. Even if someone was pious all his life, if the Lord decided to take him at such a weak moment in time, he's doomed. To avoid the makr of our Lord Al-Mighty, we must do good at all times, without any moments of weakness. Who can do that, except prophets and messengers?

• Like 1

In my opinion, it helps to take the focus off of the self to think about questions that are so fundamental. To begin, It is not 'us' that has the purpose. It is true, that if we do not fulfill god's purpose for our creation, then another human being will fill our role. " XXXV. 16-17. If He so pleased, He could blot you out and bring in a new creation. Nor is that (at all) difficult for God. "

This beckons to a point made by dot, "We must be alert at all times, in case our Lord Al-mighty decided to take us back while in a weak moment."

I think these questions are questions to the same root, "Why are we not already doing what we know we should be doing?" Reflect upon this for one moment, " IV. 79.  Whatever good, (O man!) Happens to thee, is from God; But whatever evil happens to thee, is from thy (own) soul. "

So, it seems that  "Why did God make it so hard for humans? " can be answered rhetorically,  "Why do humans make it so hard for themselves?" .

There is a Confucian saying, Wei Wu Wei, meaning " do; not, do. "  I am going to reference Wikipedia, because this concept is a bit difficult to put into my own words.

"Wu Wei has  been translated as the "  art of letting-be ".   ...that is.. beings (or phenomena) that are wholly in harmony with the Tao behave in a completely natural, uncontrived way.

Tao philosophy recognizes that the Universe already works harmoniously according to its own ways; as a person exerts their will against or upon the world they disrupt the harmony that already exists. (Wikipedia Wu_Wei)

Here is where we stand; " We cause our own suffering from our rebellion against nature " and to add to this... the Second Noble Truth(Buddha) , the cause of suffering is Desire.

To conclude this thought; "Our desires cause our own suffering by leading to rebellion against nature".

So I say, to the original poster, in the last thread ( This question is from another thread ). Why do YOU think that we may not be fulfilling our purposes? I'll leave by encouraging everyone to ask themselves the same question, and then look at the world around YOU; look at the allures of our civilizations and ponder.. Where is the true task at hand?

Be mindful,
antarctican

While we live in this world, we must face duality (dark/false light vs light). Some people (new age) might want to debate that we must "transcend duality and see things as it is", and Gnostics want to debate it's "The Demiurge". But let's face it. Like it or not, accept it or not, the Universe is created with duality. Yin and yang. The proton you see that sparks lights in the surface, is actually dark in the very core. Dark is canvas for light, silence is canvas for sounds, if oceans not exist we will not bother to create a ship. But in the end, there is no pure dark and pure light in every single side (represented by the small dots inside the black and white side of yin yang). And so here is life. Life is a field of trial, and lessons for our collective growth.

Some verses in Qur'an : "if only truth follows their whims, then destroyed will be the heavens and earth...".

• Like 1