Islamic Forum
Guest FireyWitness

Misconceptions

Guest FireyWitness

As a Christian, I know I have misconceptions of Islam just as I know that Muslims have about Christianity. Hence the reason for this topic.

Christians do not see Jesus as a god. We see Him as the word of God incarnate.

That means Jesus preexisted with God before He was made flesh. There is no corruption when Jesus states "Before Abraham was I am." The word of God is eternal and uncreated. God cannot be more than His word. The word of God is the nature of God; it is the essence of all that God is. There is one God and there is no one who can compare to him. There is not three gods.

Christians that pray to Mary or worship her are wrong plain and simple. No one will argue with a Muslim when he says that. What Christians do wrong doesn't make the Bible corrupted. The Bible has problems, but the central message of the gospel is in tact and had been before the Quran and continues to be. God doesn't fail to preserve His word the first time. It is impossible for God to fail or for men to corrupt the word God has established forever in heaven.

No Christian ever considered Mary God or part of the trinity. Some may have wrongly worshipped a statue of her, but that is not Scriptural. Man has not corrupted the Bible; he has corrupted his religion.

Whoever says God's word is corrupted is a liar. It is written "Let every man be a liar but God's word is true" forever. It is impossible to corrupt the scriptures that came before. God would never allow this nor can anyone ever prove it was done.

It must be said that whatever word comes against the word God gave already is an attempt to usurp and corrupt. Now this is what the Bible teaches that we believe is true.

We all know God is one with no partners or associations. There is one God and Jesus is His word. Prophet's who do not share God's word are not of God!

Edited by Redeemed

PropellerAds

It talks about books that were written by Prophets, i.e God's Word. They are non-canonical because aren't found in the canon. Duh! Why aren't they found in the canon? Because they were lost.

Duh? Lost books are not a corruption of God's word. What does it meant? It just means they are lost, but not all of them are lost.

Who says that the lost books are God's word?

Well, when books written by Prophets, peace be upon them, are lost that means God's Word has got lost. If something is lost, then according to the logic you have used, it represents a failure on God's part to preserve His Word.

Who says that the canonical books are God's Word? 

If you believe that Jesus Christ is not god, nor son of god, then you're not Christian, as in today's Christianity. You're close to being a Muslim than anything else.

I don't read into what you say. I just quote you, for you said "God is One". If God has a child, who would he turn out to be, a cow? of course not, he must be a baby god of sort.

So if you think Jesus Christ is son of god, then you're not a true Christian, you're a disbeliever. You should repent Redeemed for the rest of your life. Don't dislike me for saying it. God knows I'm advising you sincerely, for your own good. Don't take Eternal hell-fire lightly. We will testify before Allah Al-Mighty that we have informed you of the truth, yet you stubornly refused to listen.

Yet, its never too late.

May Allah guide you some day Redeemed.

Only if you die a Muslim.

Allah made Muslims the witnesses of all other religion followers, and prophet Muhammad the witness on us.

Allah Al-Mighty says in the Quran:

22:78} And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him. He has chosen you and has not placed upon you in the religion any difficulty. [it is] the religion of your father, Abraham. Allah named you "Muslims" before [in former scriptures] and in this [revelation] that the Messenger may be a witness over you and you may be witnesses over the people. So establish prayer and give zakah and hold fast to Allah . He is your protector; and excellent is the protector, and excellent is the helper.

22_78.png

Christians that pray to Mary or worship her are wrong plain and simple.

Since this thread is titled “Misconceptions” please allow me to amend the misconception here. I’m assuming you’re referring to Catholics here. Catholics do not worship Mary, you will not find in any of the Church documents a statement saying “we worship Mary”.

Peace in Christ.

That is interesting; so you will bear witness that you told me but you won't be able to judge me, and I'll not be able to say anything? Did you know we are told that we will be judging angels? Angels are higher than humans right now.

Judge you? who am I to judge you? of course not redeemed.

Every person will of course be able to defend himself, even non-believers, and associators.

First time I hear of that regarding angels. But you were told a lot from those writers of your books.

Did you know that angels don't err or sin? and that they were created out of light just to obey the Creator? and you human will judge them?

Know that In Judgement day there will be only one Judge.

Since this thread is titled “Misconceptions” please allow me to amend the misconception here. I’m assuming you’re referring to Catholics here. Catholics do not worship Mary, you will not find in any of the Church documents a statement saying “we worship Mary”.

Peace in Christ.

GS, prayer = worship.

If you pray to Mary, then you worship her.

If you don't, then you don't.

Do you?

Prayer is not an automatic mode of worship, prayer is simply a spiritual form of communication. We can talk to God or others with him in Heaven, nothing wrong that.

And what do you call praying to God, other than "a spiritual form of communication" ?

Regardless of how you call it, when you pray, you worship GS. At least this is our Islamic view of prayer and worship.

​Idol worshipers in Arabia used to pray to their idols, and that is why they were called "Idol worshipers".

You turned Mary the mother of Jesus Christ into an idol, and you pray to her. That makes you an idol worshiper, regardless of what you call it.

I'm sorry GS, but someone has to break it to you: you Christians of today are both associators and idol worshipers. And you call yourself God Servant? what exactly to you serve Him? associate others beside Him? pray to others beside Him? slandering him by giving him a mother? and a child too? is that what you call serving Him? I would die and rot before I say anything like that to my Creator, The Creator of the heavens and the earth, and everything in between, including you and me and Mary and Jesus.

None of what you say now was in the true Christianity. You're in fact not a religion follower, you're following some man-made books, while the last real divine book that exists today, the Quran, is right in front of you. For God sake, and your own, grab it man and hold it close to your heart.

Brother - what's wrong with asking Mary to put in a good word for me to God? I'm not worshiping her, I'm asking for her intercession. It's no different if I asked you to pray for me.

No, its different. You can ask me to pray for you, and I do btw. But once I'm dead, if you asked me to pray for you, you're implying that I'm not a human, but someone of divine powers. A dead person cannot help you, because he cannot even help himself. That is what your Lord Al-Mighty warned us against. You're unknowingly associating someone else besides your Creator, Lord Al-Mighty. Listen to what He says:

6:56} Say, "Indeed, I have been forbidden to worship those you invoke besides Allah ." Say, "I will not follow your desires, for I would then have gone astray, and I would not be of the [rightly] guided."

6:71} Say, "Shall we invoke instead of Allah that which neither benefits us nor harms us and be turned back on our heels after Allah has guided us? [We would then be] like one whom the devils enticed [to wander] upon the earth confused, [while] he has companions inviting him to guidance, [calling], 'Come to us.' " Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance; and we have been commanded to submit to the Lord of the worlds.

10:66} Unquestionably, to Allah belongs whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth. And those who invoke other than Allah do not [actually] follow [His] "partners." They follow not except assumption, and they are not but falsifying

10:106} And do not invoke besides Allah that which neither benefits you nor harms you, for if you did, then indeed you would be of the wrongdoers.'"

-------------------

Its funny that you have to pray to Mary, when your Lord Al-Mighty clearly says to you GS:

40:60} And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." Indeed, those who disdain My worship will enter Hell [rendered] contemptible.

and when prophet Muhammad said:

"O young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice]: Be Mindful of Allah and Allah will protect you. Be Mindful of Allah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, then ask Allah [alone]; and if you seek help, then seek help from Allah [alone]. And know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, they would not benefit you except with what Allah had already prescribed for you. And if they were to gather together to harm you with anything, they would not harm you except with what Allah had already prescribed against you. The Pens have been lifted and the Pages have dried."

The Pens have been lifted and the Pages have dried GS. Now its up to you to decide where to go.

May Allah Al-Mighty guide you, and all Christian brothers and sisters in humanity, to the truth.

The problem with Christians is that they elevate Mary, peace be upon her, way above her deserved status. For example, she is called Mother of God and Queen of Heaven. By the way, I don't know anybody who says that they worship mammon.

So you guys are saying I’m not allowed to talk to anyone in heaven otherwise I’ll be worshipping them??

You act like the angels and saints are not persons and have deaf ears...

By the way, I don't know anybody who says that they worship mammon.

As usual you take bible quotes out of context and fail to understand the meaning while at the same time you criticise Christians for taking Quranic verses out of context. Go look up Luke chapter 16, read the context than look up Christian hermeneutics. I’m not going to do your homework for you...

At the transfiguration on the mountain when Jesus was speaking with Moses and Elijah, was he worshipping them? Nope.

“the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and with golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints” – Revelations 5:8 the twenty-four elders presented the lamb the prayers of the saints, is that not intercession in heaven?

Heaven is the community of God’s family of living persons not dead entities that are deaf dumb and stupid for “He is not the God of the dead, but of the living; you are greatly mistaken” Mark 12:27

Nevertheless I have established the facts, regardless of your personal interpretation of them. I don’t care to discuss about interpretation of passages because we’ll be here for an eternity :(

Fact 1 – Jesus spoke with the dead (Moses and Elijah) at the transfiguration.

Fact 2 – Revelation 5:8 no matter how you look at it, it explicitly shows intercession in heaven which proves my point.

Again, this has nothing to do with communication with saints. The whole scene is all about Christ's fulfilling the New Covenant.

It doesn’t excuse the fact that Jesus indeed spoke with the dead, an act that is clearly condemned by you and the Muslims here. If you have an issue with us speaking with Mary then you also have an issue with Jesus speaking with Moses and Elijah, it’s that simple.