Islamic Forum
fathi

A Bless Full Day

Salaam alaiykum, my wife began seriously considering Islam Thursday. After some talking and her praying on it she decided on Sunday to take shahada at the masjid with the Imam. He will be announcing it at Jum'ma and introducing her to the local ummah.

I am curious as this new for me, since both of us are making salat do I need to call azan?

Edited by abdullahfath
  • Like 2

PropellerAds

Wa 'alaikumu as-salamu

May Allah increase you and your wife in guidance.

Yes, you should pronounce the Adhan and the Iqamah. 

It is related that Abu Sa'id al-Khudri said (to Abu Sa'sa' al Ansari), "I see that you love sheep and the desert. When you are among your sheep or in the desert, give the call to prayer and raise your voice when doing it. No jinn or man or anything within range hears the voice of the mu'adhdhin without bearing witness for him on the Day of Rising." Abu Sa'id said, "I heard this from the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace." (Muwatta, Book 3, 5)

Wa alaikum assalam brother

Masha'Allah, Allahu Akbar.

This is great news brother. My tears of joy precedes my words.

May Allah Al-Mighty strengthen her faith and keep guiding her to the true path, ameen.

Regarding your prayers in congregation at home together, if you cannot listen to the azan, its recommended that you recite it yourself. But if you don't, I guess your prayers will still be valid. Its recommended that you also recite the Iqama after the azan and before starting your prayers. I'll  start a separate topic to be used as a tutorial for the iqama words, then give you the link here. Just give me a minute..

edit:

Here is the iqama tutorial:

How To Say Iqama (Iqamah) Before Prayers

Mashallah! Praise be to Allah! May Allah guide her on the straight path. Ameen.

Mashallah!!! I agree with everyone here already and pray Allah will guide her on the straight path.