How To Say Iqama (Iqamah) Before Prayers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dot

dot
  • Religion: Islam

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

:sl:

Before praying in congregation for each of the 5 daily prayers, someone should say the iqama (iqamah).

If you are going to perform a prayer with someone else at home, you or him should say the iqama before proceeding with the prayer. It is similar to the words of the adhan, but shorter. The following video displays the words. Unfortunately it has no accompanying voice, so I I've posted a separate audio for the iqama. Please click the arrow to play it, so that you can listen to it while following the words in the text or in the video.

And here are the words of the iqama, in Arabic, transliteration (romanization) and translation of the meanings. Each line is recited once:

Arabic - Transliteration - [Translation] (you should say it in Arabic of course. The translation is for your own reference only)

• الله اكبر الله اكبر - āllahu ākbar, āllahu ākbar - [Allah is Greatest, Allah is Greatest]
  • اشهد ان لا اله الا الله - āsh'hadu ān lā ilaha illā-llah - [I bear witness that there is no God but Allah]
  • اشهد ان محمد رسول الله - āsh'hadu ānna mūhammadān rasūlu-llah - [I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah]
  • حي على الصلاة - hayyā `alā-s-salah - [Come to prayer]
  • حي على الفلاح - hayyā `alā-l-falāh - [Come to success]
  • قد قامت الصلاة - qada qāma tis-salaah - [prayer is starting]
  • قد قامت الصلاة - qada qāma tis-salaah - [prayer is starting]
  • الله اكبر الله اكبر - āllahu ākbar, āllahu ākbar - [Allah is Great, Allah is Great]
  • لا اله الا الله - lā ilaha illā-llah - [There is no God but Allah]

And here is the audio file. You can download it to practice memorizing it using your mobile device.

Attached File  iqama - ramy hasan.mp3   554.69K   1164 downloads