Islamic Forum
sereihan

Paul Did Not Mention It!

Bible scholars often raise the point that Paul"the greatest evangelist" did not mention the empty tomb story which was supposedly one of the most important evidence that support "Christ resurrection" the idea that Paul spent his life to prove scholars conclude that this was a legendary story invented after Paul!

This post is about another story and another "great evidence" that could support "Christ resurrection" and never mentioned by Paul which is the unique story of Matthew about the many saintly people who were resurrected and seen by many people in Jerusalem and not recorded in the other three gospels and by Paul himself though this event was supposedly heavily witnessed in Jerusalem!

Furthermore, many questions arise like how did the people recognize them as saints and who are they and how they looked like and what happened to them later did they go all over the world preaching Christ resurrection?

PropellerAds

Hmmmm.....so because there was no interview with one of the resurrected righteous the whole account should be discarded?  Could the reason be because of his experience of Jesus Christ was so earth shattering that he didn't need to question.  After all, he was struck blind by the experience. Remember of Paul as Saul he was one of the scholars of Judaism.  Image your life turning upside down like that.  Would you really go looking for a tomb? 

Peace be with you,. 

Bible 

Furthermore, many questions arise like how did the people recognize them as saints and who are they and how they looked like and what happened to them later did they go all over the world preaching Christ resurrection?

The more confusing issue here, is that, non of Christians (or let's say the new religion followers) been killed before Jesus PBUH, to rise up again as Saint?! were those from the future world?

Ahmad,

I'm sorry but I don't understand.  Did you mean, why didn't the new Christians rise and walk too? 

Peace be with you

Ahmad,

I'm sorry but I don't understand.  Did you mean, why didn't the new Christians rise and walk too? 

Peace be with you

in fact no,  what I meant is:

where did those saints come from?!  since there were no christian died saints at the moment.

in other wards either those resurrected Saints came from the future where they will be die later, or they were non-Christians who believed in one god with no partners.

hope, that's clear enough, other wise we will continue in Arabic...

Peace be to the truth seakers

AHMAD_73,

Those that rose were the righteous dead. In Judaism whenever people died regardless of who they were their souls went to Sheol. Now there were different parts of Sheol and the righteous went to one area and the wicked went to another area. When Jesus descended into Sheol he drew all the righteous to him. When he rose those that believed did likewise. I don't get the Arabic reference, however, if that's your native tongue and helps you concentrate then please write in it. Does this forum offer an English translator so I can follow along? You do realize that Christians also believe there is only one God.

Peace be with you.

AHMAD_73,

Those that rose were the righteous dead. In Judaism whenever people died regardless of who they were their souls went to Sheol. Now there were different parts of Sheol and the righteous went to one area and the wicked went to another area. When Jesus descended into Sheol he drew all the righteous to him. When he rose those that believed did likewise. I don't get the Arabic reference, however, if that's your native tongue and helps you concentrate then please write in it. Does this forum offer an English translator so I can follow along? You do realize that Christians also believe there is only one God.

Peace be with you.

I was kidding regarding the Arabic part, but seems to be, still, a misunderstanding here.....

I can't figure out what is the relation between Sheol and those Saints, the story of the Saints is at the time of the death of the god , Jesus. at the time when no one have any idea about Sheol.

here is the passage from Mathew,

{27:50} Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. {27:51} And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; {27:52} And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, {27:53} And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

at that time, there were no Saints of Christians yet. then were those Saints Jew Saints? who surely have no idea about Jesus and believe only in the one god who have no partners, as they still believe though!!!

peace be to the righteous..

Yet, according to Jesus. Abraham rejoiced to see his day. John 8;56. So, it begs the question, why?

I got you, then Abraham, the father of monotheism, was among those resurrected SAINTS, but:

do you think, when the writer of John, tells "Abraham" rejoiced to see that day, Does that mean he got up from death and kept walking in Juresalem?!!

do you christian call prophet Abraham as SAINT Abraham?!! 

and  what day did the writer mean in the passage (birth, death,...) ?

what day Abraham saw, if he walk up after every thing was already done?

Did Ibrahim,pbuh  himself, in the OT, mentioned any thing about his believe in the son of god or his re-resurrection to see that day?

was Abraham buried in such place, grave besides that of Jesus, where the Saints came from?

and finally, who else been resurrected with Abraham?! Jews Rabbis?! I mean Jews Rabbis Saints!!

AHMAD_73,

Actually, there is still a misunderstanding.  You see I didn't say Abraham was one of the resurrected dead.  Truth, be told while he could have been one of the resurrected dead I strongly doubt it for he would have more likely been taken to heaven with Adam, Eve, and all the others who heard Jesus's ministry and believed which would include rabbis as they are faithful jews .  Truth is, its conjecture but as I wasn't there I can't tell you who was raised and walked the earth save Lazarus and Jesus himself.  I take it on faith as I trust the Gospel and the teaching of the Church concerning matters such as this. 

Yes, I do actually call Abraham, Saint Abraham as I ask his intercession every night when my wife and I say our prayers as we hold our daughter.  All humans in heaven are saints as God will not have any unclean thing in heaven.  So all who are there are saints as saints are holy people.  Its actually what I and my family aspire to be.  To be able to walk with God and be seated at his heavenly banquet. 

Did Abraham mention anything in the Old Testament about the Son of God.  I don't know, the closest I can come to an answer is Genesis 18;3,9-15, and19;22. The interesting thing is the three strangers don't appear until 3 days after he was circumcised.  Circumcision is equated with Baptism in the New Testament see Acts 16;15, and 1 Corinthians 1;16, Colossians 2;9-15, in fact Jesus commands that all nations be baptized in Matthew 28;19-20. 

I am aware that Muslims don't believe in baptism.  At least not a water baptism perhaps you believe in a spiritual baptism?  But, I may be getting off topic.

Peace be with you.    

AHMAD_73,

Actually, there is still a misunderstanding.  You see I didn't say Abraham was one of the resurrected dead.  Truth, be told while he could have been one of the resurrected dead I strongly doubt it for he would have more likely been taken to heaven with Adam, Eve, and all the others who heard Jesus's ministry and believed which would include rabbis as they are faithful jews .  Truth is, its conjecture but as I wasn't there I can't tell you who was raised and walked the earth save Lazarus and Jesus himself.  I take it on faith as I trust the Gospel and the teaching of the Church concerning matters such as this. 

Yes, I do actually call Abraham, Saint Abraham as I ask his intercession every night when my wife and I say our prayers as we hold our daughter.  All humans in heaven are saints as God will not have any unclean thing in heaven.  So all who are there are saints as saints are holy people.  Its actually what I and my family aspire to be.  To be able to walk with God and be seated at his heavenly banquet. 

Did Abraham mention anything in the Old Testament about the Son of God.  I don't know, the closest I can come to an answer is Genesis 18;3,9-15, and19;22. The interesting thing is the three strangers don't appear until 3 days after he was circumcised.  Circumcision is equated with Baptism in the New Testament see Acts 16;15, and 1 Corinthians 1;16, Colossians 2;9-15, in fact Jesus commands that all nations be baptized in Matthew 28;19-20. 

I am aware that Muslims don't believe in baptism.  At least not a water baptism perhaps you believe in a spiritual baptism?  But, I may be getting off topic.

Peace be with you.    

Pardon me, although your answer contained an implicit part, that Abraham, was one among them.

OK, Finally, no answer, No one have any idea, who those people were? 

Hope you can make it, to be in the shadow of the god' throne along with your family, just beside Jesus, pbuh.  but first you have to review your ideology. If you had been born to a protestant/Jehovah witness/Orthodox ….family, would you had think to change to Catholicism?

If the god is one all the time before Jesus, Jew, and after him, Muslems, why not at the time of Jesus?

How come one god and another different one god and another different one god become only one god?

I urge you to watch, Ex-Catholic priest : Yusuf Estes

and his many lectures.

peace be to the truth seekers and their families

Actual I grew up in the same denomination of Christianity as sheik jusuf Estes. The disciples of Christ denomination. Though the church I went to was in Austin Texas I'm not sure where his was. For me though I went to that church with my family I never was baptized into it because for the disciples of Christ denomination they don't practice infant baptism. In fact it was an act of cruelty that made me give up church for years. I did actually watch to YouTube videos years ago one with sheik jusuf Estes and the second was the one with the catholic priest who struck by tge beauty of your prayers led by sheik just Estes converted to Islam. Truth be told I was a wanderer then and I picked up a book on Islam due to those videos. The I had my doubts I figured why not I hadn't been baptized officially into any faith at that time so I had nothing to lose. What I read was very interesting but ultimately not compelling enough for me to convert to Islam. I recalled during that time that I was always moved by the passion of my blessed lord Jesus Christ and the beauty of the church service at the disciples of Christ even though I was no longer a member. So I wandered and went from church to church when an idea struck me. Why not start my spiritual journey from the beginning. I looked into Judaism and though the rabbi was nice I wasn't quite sure it was a good fit solved on. I thought about the Catholic Church and went toa few services. It was nicer but not a perfect fit. I then was invited to the Maronite Catholic Church and felt like home. I under went the initiation for adults and then was formally baptized into the Catholic Church.

Ultimately I bought a few books on the disciples of Christ denomination as a gift for my brother. I read up a little on them after I joined the Catholic Church and realized that though they are without a doubt a Christian denomination their creed is very informal. You could go there and worship as a trinitarian or a Unitarian. My guess is before he became a Muslim jusuf must have been leaning toward Unitarianism so his moving on to Islam was almost understandable after he accepted a few Islamic views such as biblical corruption and so forth.

Peace be with you.

ADHEM_73,

I've seen those videos years ago.  I'm not moved by them as I have a better understanding of my faith.  As for your question above

If the god is one all the time before Jesus, Jew, and after him, Muslems, why not at the time of Jesus?

The key here is explained in the Book of John Chapter 1.  In fact it illustrates why the name of Jesus Christ is so important. 

How come one god and another different one god and another different one god become only one god?

They actually never became one God.  They've always been one God.  The Hidden Father, His Word Jesus Christ the Incarnate Son of God, and the Living and Holy Spirit  i.e. the breath of God. 

Its the very reason the Incarnation is so important in Christianity.  That's why when Sheik Jusuf asks Christians to pray to God without using the name of Jesus they inadvertently open a door to doubt in Christianity and eventually either to Islam or unbelief in general.  It takes a strong well formed faith in Christ to see it for what that prayer is... a trap no more no less, and an ingenius one at that. 

Peace be with you

although, I'm sure that will not take us any where, you are satisfied with your goods and also wanna sell some and that's my position as well. While let me ask you again...

A

The key here is explained in the Book of John Chapter 1.  In fact it illustrates why the name of Jesus Christ is so important. 

in a short answers if you can, I don't like to bother you,

who is John? what is his relation to Jesus? how did you become sure that, what you have in your hand is his writings?

what copy of the bible, you have, now, in your hands?

ADHEM_73,

They actually never became one God.  They've always been one God.  The Hidden Father, His Word Jesus Christ the Incarnate Son of God, and the Living and Holy Spirit  i.e. the breath of God. 

you corrected me, Jesus is not a god, but he is the son of god, am I right? he is not a god, and who ever say so is opposing Christianity?

holy spirit also is not a god? who ever say so, he just is opposing Christianity?

what the meaning of god' death, I mean Jesus died on the cross, what that mean to the other two persons (not gods) in the trinity?

then, when ever you face a trouble you will return to god, say for Ex. O,...O...., I'm sorry but what is you god's name? the son is Jesus what is the god's name?

is that better to call the god's name, or to call the son's name?

peace be to the truth seekers

AHEM_73,

As I'm catholic so I follow the sacred scripture according to sacred tradition. According to catholic tradition John son of Zebedee is John the apostle cousin of our lord Jesus Christ and before he became Jesus' apostle he was a follower of John the Baptist.

I became sure of what I have in my hands is his writings because I trust the Catholic Church and the church councils that selected which books and epistles would be incorporated into the New Testament.

I currently use the New Catholic Answer Bible NABRE. It's as of this post the newest version of the New American Bible.

No Jesus is God. It is catholic theology that God is triune. There is one God in three persons. Jesus is true God and true Man. How is a great mystery of faith. Catholics in fact all Christians call God Father. The Holy Spirit is also God. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are united through a hypostatic union. Thus there is and always will be only one God. Thus I can and do pray to my Heavenly Father, as well as my Lord Jesus Christ, and the Living and Holy Spirit.

Peace be with you.

Redeemed,

In what way do Catholics have misconceptions about saints? As I'm a Maronite Catholic, I'd love to hear your take on saints.  Though I apologize if this derails the thread briefly.

Peace be with you