Islamic Forum
SaracenSoldier

Us Government Has Shut Down

PropellerAds

Very strange!

As-salamu 'alaikum

This is kind of unexpected. I mean I have been following the situation over the budget crisis but I didn't think it would get to this. This type of shut down has happened already during Clinton's era. The big thing people are worried about is the talks over raising the debt ceiling. The US has reached its debt ceiling, i.e. the amount of money they can borrow. If they don't come to an agreement over raising the debt ceiling, the US will have to default on its debt and this will not only cause crisis in the US but the whole world. 

Brother Younes,

to those of us here in the US it isn't unexpected. This is what comes from a fringe right-wing pseudo-fascist part of the Republican Party deciding that they want to be respected when they haven't done anything to earn respect. Most of these people are Islamophobic, racist, sexist, hate-filled people who don't truly deserve to hold a seat in the government. But that's what we get. These people are the ones that want to make it illegal for anyone but Christians to be allowed to participate, especially white Christian males.

That's my take on it. Of course, I am just a muslimah who does her job and tries to keep food on the table. Nevermind that I worked for several years for some of these stupid Republicans before I had had enough.

• Like 1

I don't think it's only the Republicans to blame, but I do agree that this is not unexpected.  I'm worried about how long it will last though...