Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FireyWitness

Is Jesus' Virgin Birth A Problem For Islam?

Guest FireyWitness

It seems that Islam has imperfectly borrowed the virgin birth story of Jesus from what they now consider to be a corrupted book (The NT Bible). The only place before the recitation was said or put to writing that records Jesus' virgin birth is the Bible.

My question is has it created a problem for Muslims to believe Jesus was born of a virgin? Again, I ask if Muslims deny His death and resurrection recorded in the Bible, isn't it a big problem that they accepted the virgin birth of Jesus?

God gave birth to His word using Mary as a vessel. Islam says God has no consort to have a son, but He did choose a vessel who had no consort as well to give birth to His word. This means that Jesus is the word of God become flesh, and He is eternal and uncreated, the beginning and the end, the alpha and omega, the first and the last, the mighty God, the everlasting father and prince of peace. I praise Him.

There is no one like unto Him. The only one of prophets that was similar to Jesus but who could never compare to the brightness of His glory was Moses. Next to Jesus, Moses' glory fades, but Jesus shines more and more until the perfect day. PTL

Edited by Redeemed

PropellerAds

It seems that Islam has imperfectly borrowed the virgin birth story of Jesus from what they now consider to be a corrupted book (The NT Bible). The only place before the recitation was said or put to writing that records Jesus' virgin birth is the Bible.

My question is has it created a problem for Muslims to believe Jesus was born of a virgin? Again, I ask if Muslims deny His death and resurrection recorded in the Bible, isn't it a big problem that they accepted the virgin birth of Jesus?

God gave birth to His word using Mary as a vessel. Islam says God has no consort to have a son, but He did choose a vessel who had no consort as well to give birth to His word. This means that Jesus is the word of God become flesh, and He is eternal and uncreated, the beginning and the end, the alpha and omega, the first and the last, the mighty God, the everlasting father and prince of peace. I praise Him.

There is no one like unto Him. The only one of prophets that was similar to Jesus but who could never compare to the brightness of His glory was Moses. Next to Jesus, Moses' glory fades, but Jesus shines more and more until the perfect day. PTL

what is wrong with you man????

Quran clearly say Jesus was born without father, virgin mary gave birth to him.

Borrowed  :lol: ....

We base our beliefs by what is in the quran we don't look to the bible. Jesus was born to a virgin. Just because it is in your bible does not mean much to us. Even if it wasn't we would still believe what Allah has told us in the quran just as we believe the many things in the quran that aren't present in the bible you have today.

I know it is clearly stated that Jesus was born without an earthly father, and that the virgin Mary gave birth to Him. The story was found in the NT Bible first. What is wrong with you???

Can you prove that virgin birth story in the Quran wasn't borrowed from the NT Bible or from Christians sharing the story with Muhammad? Muhammad had Christian friends. We know Christianity didn't borrowed the virgin birth story from the Quran or any other book. So why are you asking me what is wrong with me? I am asking is the virgin birth story a problem for Muslims being that the only original place it could be found was in the NT Bible you call corrupted?

very easy

now you claim that quran was copied from Bible

if quran was copied from bible we would find same mistakes as we find in bible, simply as that, if we would find only 1 same error in quran from bible, then it would be evidence that quran was copied from bible. but we can not find any. that is why quran was not copied from bible. 

I am asking is the virgin birth story a problem for Muslims being that the only original place it could be found was in the NT Bible you call corrupted?

we muslims dont beleive that whole bible is corrupted, we also believe that there is a lot of truth in the bible also.

Borrowed? No. We can expect similarities because of the linear path from Judaism to Christianity to Islam. If you're insinuating that the virgin birth story in Christianity is the first time that story hit the planet... That's wrong as well. Hinduism had a story of a virgin birth long before Christianity.

"if you could see logically..."

I kindly disagree brother, your last post does not make logical sense at all.

For the same reason that Judaism doesn't recognize a linear path to Christianity, Christianity doesn't accept the linear path to Islam.

Yes, it is "imperfectly borrowed" from the Bible because the Bible was changed. Jesus did not come here to "die for our sins", but to bring the believers back to the straight path with a new message.

• Like 1

Jesus and Muhammad were messengers sent by the same God. There are obviously going to be similarities with regards to monotheism. You are trying to imply that Muhammad stole stuff from Christians and then made up a few things himself which is completely laughable to be honest and it really shows your knowledge of Islam comes from anti Islamic websites which propose such theories. 

If Muhammad was saying he came from the same tradition as previous prophets such as Jesus then I would be worried if there weren't any similarities with Christiniaty. Christians got some messages messed up but they couldn't have got everything corrupted. We don't see the similarities as a weakness like you do. It strengthens my faith knowing Muhammad had a similar message as the other prophets of Allah. If Allah wants to guide us to Him he is not going to send messengers with different messages about the nature of Him. There is a reason why the messengers had a similar message. 

The difference between you and us muslims is that you view it like Muhammad the man from Arabia but we view it like Muhammad the prophet sent by Allah who also sent the prophet Isa. Peace be upon all the messengers of Allah. You are very suspicious of the fact that Muhammad knew Christian things such as the virgin birth yet to us why would we be suspicious of a miracle of Allah. Why would we be suspicious of knowledge that Allah gave Muhammad.

I can accept that Muhammad and Isa were sent by Allah, but only under the condition that the Allah and Isa of the Quran are not the same God and Jesus of the Bible!

How can I discuss such an issue with an attitude like this. You say you are Christian but this statement somewhat implies that you would accept that there is another god. Allah is not some other god different from the God you believe in. There can only be one God, one message and one way. Sorry but your whole belief does not add up. God sent messengers for years and years with a similar message and then suddenly you believe prophet Jesus came along with a different message about the concept of God. It doesn't add up no matter what explanation you give. The concept of God is consistent throughout the quran - and we believe all the messengers were similar in this regard. 

And you have this attitude of we can't take stuff from your bible if we reject other parts. Sorry but the original bible is the word of Allah it doesn't belong to any human. We are not going to accept the parts that have been corrupted by humans. The word of Allah can exist where it wants and if Allah wants to tell us again about stories of the past prophets in the quran then He has the right. We don't base our belief on the bible today, we don't judge our belief by the bible today, we hold the quran up not the bible. So you are not really going to get anywhere trying to make us do so. 

And we don't believe that Jesus was a Christian he never called himself by such a name. And why would we lie about the virgin birth to please your suspicions about how we got the virgin birth. Sorry but Allah doesn't work like that. He warned us that people like you won't be happy with us until we become like you.

Allah's argument in the Qur'an to the Christians was just like Adam, all He needs to say is Be and it is! You know Yahweh comes from Havah which means Be, that is all Allah needs to say for it is easy for Him. The Virgin birth isn't even the only miracle and has nothing to do with resurrection or crucifixion.