Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FireyWitness

On Refuting Christians

Guest FireyWitness

It is true that the woman caught in committing adultery wasn't part of the original manuscripts, but that doesn't mean it was a fake. You cannot proof that. It could have come down through oral tradition and from memory, but the worse that could happen is we lose a beautiful story.

I'll tell you what hurts some Christians, but in the process, it hurts Islam. It is the story of the virgin birth of Jesus that is original to the NT Bible only. Matthew said Jesus' virgin birth was a fulfillment of Isaiah 7 when God said ask me for a sign and King Ahaz said no, but God said I'll give one anyway. A virgin shall conceive a child and he will be called Immanuel (God with us) well that prophecy was fulfilled in his life time 700 years before Christ was born. Now the word virgin in Hebrew means young maiden and God with us meant that God is with you do not fear the battle. Some Christians have left the faith calling Matthew a liar, because Matthew said the virgin birth prophesied in Isaiah 7 was fulfilled in Jesus' birth. It makes no sense that God would give King Ahaz a sign and fulfill it 700 years later when they needed the sign in their life time.

So some Christians left the faith saying Jesus was just a man prophet and not born of a virgin hence not divine. It hurts Islam, because they appear to have borrowed the virgin birth story in part from the book of Matthew.

So Islam supports the Christian belief from the NT that Jesus was born of a virgin when many skeptics and Jews challenge the virgin birth based on Matthews account. So either way, if the skeptics are right, Islam borrowed errors, and if they are wrong, Islam borrowed the story from the NT and rejects the significance the NT gives to Jesus' virgin birth.

Therefore, if Muslims could convince me that the Bible is corrupted and Jesus is not divine, I certainly would leave Christianity but not join Islam!

Edited by Redeemed

PropellerAds

Was that aimed at me? Boy, I must have touched a nerve if you're that hyperfocused on one of the more minor examples at the behest of the rest of such an extremely long document. Even if you were right it would still be a non-sequitur: how is a mistranslation the same as a corruption? What a deflection.

Maybe it's high time you finally considered the possibility of your longstanding deep-rooted denial about the subject of biblical corruption. Just *consider* it?

I'm not going to let you pull me into an argument when anyone who *doesn't* cherry pick the article will see that I have gone out of my way to list major variations. And when I linked you to yet *more* absolute proof in another thread you just responded by saying again that you didn't believe that God (S) would ever let any harm come to His word. It's like if somebody was shown footage of his friend blowing someone's brains out and then he turned to the guy who played the tape and said, "Nope, you see, he would never do that. Dad wouldn't let him." Nor am I going to let you pull me into an argument over your appeal to ignorance fallacies regarding The Qur'an, or the usual cliche over the "Satanic verses": if you want to see that chestnut utterly shattered into oblivion, read "The Life of Muhammad" by Muhammad Haykal. He reduces *all* of those arguments *to dust*. Talking to you is pointless. In fact from now on I just might confine myself to new arrivals to the board. I hate what places like this do to me. Anyone who follows me at Twitter will probably find me a completely different person. Here? Here I must look like a monster. Closed-mindedness is my least favorite trait in the world, and prolonged patience in the face of the *carcaturish* degree of it you get in places like this requires more willpower than I think I can summon at this state in my life. I just can't take it anymore!

Can't can't can't can't can't. Every time it's the same thing. Just because He let them be corrupted, that means He was powerless to stop it from happening. I've pointed out to you at least twice now that this is exactly the same argument atheists make all the time about evil in the world: why CAN'T he make it all end? If He's up there, He'll automatically put a stop to it. Presuming a cosmic being's intentions, necessarily equating the concepts of "will" and "is able to", acting like The Big Guy's under some obligation to not let people use their free will as they see fit: indeed He may as well never let anything bad happen at all.

And in your case once again topping it all off with the comically circular argument that this is all because He promised to preserve His Word...in The Bible. So the reason why The Bible can't be untrue is because The Bible says so.

Should a human being disguise an underling as the enemy in wartime so as to be able to sneak him out when his enemies are surrounding him determined to move in for the kill, you'd never go up to that guy and slap him in the face, saying, "How DARE you plot and deceive like that! I hope no one ever trusts you again!" Just like no one calls God (S) a murderer when they read the crucifixion story in The Bible.

Goodbye.

Edited by IAmZamzam