Islamic Forum
SaracenSoldier

A New Nation Arises?

Is this the birth of a new nation? Seeds of a future Caliphate maybe?

46 Scenes From The Islamic State In Syria  

The Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham has been setting up proto-governance in a number of places in northern and eastern Syria.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/aaronyzelin/46-scenes-from-the-islamic-state-in-syria-dski

• Like 1

PropellerAds

So, destroying shia Islamic Masjids and tombs, churches and burning tabaccos Islamic?

Nah, sadly, I don't believe Islam comes in power with such destruction.. Islam comes with peace and unity.. And these guys lack it..

The so-called Islamic state group not only fights with Syrian govt. but also their opponents among other rebels..

Islam is about peace.. But, these guys are just a bunch of jobless youth.. trained with takfiri ideology to kill muslims and non-muslims that differ with them in ideology and politics.. And they are supported by western imperialist powers.. which tells me that these are NATO and American "Mujahids".. not mujahideen of God.. They are just used against other Arabs and Kurds.. probably when the west is done with them, they will finish them off too.. We did not see them fighting against American invasion in Iraq and we see them making Syria ready for another invasion.. We did not see them trying to remove the tumor of israel, yet we see them fighting with the only Arab state, Syria that has always supported Palestinian resistance groups.. So, things are complicated.. But, who cares, I am just an old guy with conspiracy theories..

Edited by Matemkar
  • Like 2

Is this the birth of a new nation? Seeds of a future Caliphate maybe?

I don't think so. A terror state perhaps?

They're fighting a dictator, to build a new system where Muslims destroy each other?

What made them think that blowing up shia and Christians a good thing to do? what exactly have they been reading?

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that those guys are financed by the CIA or the israelis. They're doing a great job in giving Islam a bad name, and weakening the ummah. What else would the US and israel ask for?

• Like 3

Don't blame CIA or israel for what Al Queda and other foreign jihadis are doing in Syria .  That is a stretch , and there is  absolutely no proof .

Eventually Assad will prevail , because he has the backing of Russia , and the Syrian Rebels have been compromised with enemies of the US ., so they should not expect any military aid forthcoming from the US .

So, destroying shia Islamic Masjids and tombs, churches and burning tabaccos Islamic?

Asalamualikum brother,

I have not heard the Islamic State destroy any churches in Syria. In fact there was news that the state or its allied groups have been protecting Christian churches. The picture only suggests that maybe they converted a church into a Masjid? 

As for the Shia, well the Shia have poured tens of thousands of fighters from Iran, Iraq and Lebanon and have massacred over a hundred thousand innocent men, women and children. They are even raping Muslim women in their torture chambers. I was thinking about starting a thread to expose their crimes in Syria but I didn't because discussion of sects is not allowed on this forum. 

As for tobacco:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/7432

We did not see them fighting against American invasion in Iraq and we see them making Syria ready for another invasion.. We did not see them trying to remove the tumor of israel, yet we see them fighting with the only Arab state, Syria that has always supported Palestinian resistance groups..

Respected brother the Islamic State has fought the Americans for the last 10 years in Iraq. Look at the link that brother Younes posted above.

So, things are complicated.. But, who cares, I am just an old guy with conspiracy theories..

You should care brother as it's good to discuss and share your opinion. Discussion is always welcome. The situation might be complicated but when we all share our views we can try to find the truth from each other inshaAllah. 

Don't blame CIA or israel for what Al Queda and other foreign jihadis are doing in Syria .  That is a stretch , and there is  absolutely no proof .

Eventually Assad will prevail , because he has the backing of Russia , and the Syrian Rebels have been compromised with enemies of the US ., so they should not expect any military aid forthcoming from the US .

Even if AlQaeda is the executor, the idea is from US and israel, and there is proof for those that fact alone.

Discussion is not welcome here.. Certain topics like this and tawassul etc. are prohibited unless it is by mods or non-muslims.. Muslims with different views are not welcome here.. I got a warning and my posts were deleted.. And I asked the admins to delete my account.. For, I can't stand hypocricy.. And I don't want to get any more e-mails from this site.. Thank you for your understanding.. And an early eid mubarak to you all.. ma salam.. bye

Edited by Matemkar

Discussion is not welcome here.. Certain topics like this and tawassul etc. are prohibited unless it is by mods or non-muslims.. Muslims with different views are not welcome here.. I got a warning and my posts were deleted.. And I asked the admins to delete my account.. For, I can't stand hypocricy.. And I don't want to get any more e-mails from this site.. Thank you for your understanding.. And an early eid mubarak to you all.. ma salam.. bye

Brother there is a reason why some topics aren't allowed to be discussed. And the big reason is because new muslims can be confused by these topics plus lots of those topics everyday muslims do not know much about other than their opinion they have grown up with which may not be correct. You know some topics are controversial and muslims can't agree to them so how do you think new muslims will feel when they come here and see different answers? See the reasoning behind it and hopefully you won't leave the forum. 

Even if AlQaeda is the executor, the idea is from US and israel, and there is proof for those that fact alone.

That is ridiculous .  You shouldn't blame others for what Al  Queda and the assorted foreign jihadi are themselves responsible for . You can't blame the US and israel for your own problems and shortcomings .

Eventually Assad will prevail , because he has the backing of Russia , and the Syrian Rebels have been compromised with enemies of the US ., so they should not expect any military aid forthcoming from the US

Did you really just say don't blame CIA for Al Qaeda?  Seriously? Seriously?  I am from the U.S. and grew up in the 90's.  I remember the magazine covers promoting Bin Laden as a hero as his group, openly financed by the U.S. government fought against the Russians.  We created that problem.  We put most of these powers like Assad in power.  It is the rebel groups that are fighting against Al Qaeda that we should be watching.  We saw the problem arise in the 40's when the Salafis invaded Mecca and did nothing.  And although there was and is problems as far as israel grows I think many Muslims miss this one.  The big power that everyone should really be watching is the U.S. as it has become the true source of most world problems.  The current problems in the global market are a direct result of the compromises that so many countries made with the U.S. in order to trade oil on the basis of the U.S. currency as opposed to other forms of currency. 

What does this history have to do with anything?  Everything. 

1. Muslims across the Middle East told the U.S. time and again that Bin Laden and Al Qaeda were a bunch of nut jobs and no one listened. 

2.  When the U.S. forces, primarily the white house administrations and the CIA, decided to finance Al Qaeda and similar groups like the Taliban they gave them the means to become what they are now.  Without that initial financing they would be nothing more than nut jobs with a radical philosophy.

3. The struggle to move away from using U.S. currency (i.e. the dollar) as the primary means of trading oil on the world market was a major deal decades ago and several countries were involved with that deal.  Each of these countries have tried pulling away from this as the U.S. dollar has declined.  Iraq was trying to pull out in 2003, Afghanistan, Iran and Syria all are trying to move away from this.  If you think that this does not tie into the problem then you are blinder than the majority of the populace.

Edited by abdullahfath

That is ridiculous .  You shouldn't blame others for what Al  Queda and the assorted foreign jihadi are themselves responsible for . You can't blame the US and israel for your own problems and shortcomings .

First see my previous post.

Moving on from there if you want to sum up all Muslims as being the same as Al Qaeda, which you are implicating here (intentionally or not) then one could say the same of atheists. 

evil atheists:

Stalin

Napolean

Kim Jong

Jeffrey Dahmer

Mussolini (who it might be noted inspired Hitler)

Mao Zedong

Karl Marx

Friedrich Nietzsche (known for his heartless philosophies on war)

FFRF (atheistic terror group)

American Atheists (atheist terror group)

and just as an example of atheistic terrorism:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/02/01/turkey-bombing-what-is-the-dhkpc-terrorist-group/

Atheist terrorist attack on USA - Atheist suicide bomber strikes US embassy in Turkey:

A suicide bomber detonated an explosive strapped to himself Friday in

front of the U.S. Embassy in Ankara, killing himself and a Turkish

guard, the AP reported.

The attack destroyed the entrance to the building, Turkey's foreign minister said, and the force of the explosion left body parts strewn around the scene.

White House press secretary Jay Carney told reporters that the bombing “was clearly an act of terror.”

Turkish media identified the bomber as Ecevit Şanli, allegedly a 30-year-old member of the outlawed Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party/Front (DHKP/C).

If the reports are true, it might mean that the terrorist group,

which some experts describe as long past its heyday, is seeing a revival

now that the Syrian conflict has given the U.S. and Turkey new reason

to cooperate on foreign policy.

The DHKP/C is a Marxist-Leninist party and terrorist group that

strongly opposes any NATO or U.S. influence over foreign policy in

Turkey. For the past few decades, they've targeted a series of Western

and Turkish officials, professors and businessmen with suicide bombings.

Today's attack is similar to another suicide bombing

on Sept. 11, 2012, when an explosion in a police station in Istanbul’s

Sultangazi district killed a police officer and the bomber.

The group was far more popular in the '70s and '80s, though, and it has lost much of its influence since then.

“It went from being a group with mass appeal to one with just a few

hundred members,” Soner Cagaptay, an expert on Turkey at the Washington

Institute for Near East Policy, told the Daily Beast. “They see the world through the prism of the Cold War. It’s really kind of surprising they’re still around."

But Turkey's recent cooperation with the U.S. on Syria might have given the group a new raison d'etre.

Friday's attack could have been prompted by Turkey's cooperation with

the U.S. in preventing spillover from Syria's civil war in Turkey, as Reuters reported:

Turkey is a key U.S. ally in the Middle East with common

interests ranging from energy security to counter-terrorism and has been

one of the leading advocates of foreign intervention to end the

conflict in neighboring Syria.

Around 400 U.S. soldiers have arrived in Turkey over the past few

weeks to operate Patriot anti-missile batteries meant to defend against

any spillover of Syria's civil war, part of a NATO deployment due to be

fully operational in the coming days.

The attack may have also been retaliation

for the detention of more than 50 alleged DHKP/C members by Turkish

police last month, but that wouldn't explain why it occurred at the U.S.

Embassy.

One DHKP/C splinter group called the "Urgent Ones" has reportedly been attempting to stir up sectarian conflict around Turkey in the hope that the Turkish government will abandon its anti-Assad policy.

"Using the leftist, anti-U.S. and anti-E.U. ideological campaigns

overtly laced with anti-imperialist jargon, the group strives to broaden

support for the Assad regime," wrote Abdullah Bozkurt, a columnist for the Turkish paper "Today's Zaman."

p.s.

I can keep going on my point and I can further illustrate my previous point on Al Qaeda including a meeting where a sufi sheik told several key people of the U.S. government that the salafi movement was becoming dangerous and to be especially leery of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda but no one listened.

Edited by abdullahfath

Brother Abdullahfath, it is very wrong to accuse other Muslims of being agents of the kuffar. You are essentially calling them Munafiqeen. How will you answer for this on the day of judgement if asked? What if you are wrong? Al Qaida never was and is not some CIA plot. 

I can keep going on my point and I can further illustrate my previous point on Al Qaeda including a meeting where a sufi sheik told several key people of the U.S. government that the salafi movement was becoming dangerous and to be especially leery of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda but no one listened.

So this sufi Shaykh is basically allying with the kuffar against Muslims. Haven't we seen this before in Islamic history? When Muslim leaders would ally with the crusaders to fight Salahudeen(ra). Or when local Muslim city states in Al-Andalus would ally with the Christians against fellow Muslims. What a disgraceful man. This Shaykh sounds like a US government man not Al-Qaida.

As for the Shia, well the Shia have poured tens of thousands of fighters from Iran, Iraq and Lebanon and have massacred over a hundred thousand innocent men, women and children. They are even raping Muslim women in their torture chambers. I was thinking about starting a thread to expose their crimes in Syria but I didn't because discussion of sects is not allowed on this forum.

You can start such topic, no problem. You're not allowed to discuss shia religiously as a sect, but its Ok of course to discuss their atrocities and evil crimes.

• Like 1

Brother Abdullahfath, it is very wrong to accuse other Muslims of being agents of the kuffar. You are essentially calling them Munafiqeen. How will you answer for this on the day of judgement if asked? What if you are wrong? Al Qaida never was and is not some CIA plot. 

So this sufi Shaykh is basically allying with the kuffar against Muslims. Haven't we seen this before in Islamic history? When Muslim leaders would ally with the crusaders to fight Salahudeen(ra). Or when local Muslim city states in Al-Andalus would ally with the Christians against fellow Muslims. What a disgraceful man. This Shaykh sounds like a US government man not Al-Qaida.

Are you actually defending a group that kills unarmed women and children?  That kills unarmed civilians?  You do realize that killing any unarmed combatant is not only wrong on a universal level but is also against sharia.

And to say that Allah (swt) would condone the ruthless murder of unarmed civilians is just sickening.  Never did the prophet ever condone such actions in the battles against the Meccans.  It is widely accepted that the Saudis and the U.S. government financed Al Qaeda. 

Then you defend these group of murders talking about not accussing fellow Muslims while accusing a fellow Muslim of the exact same thing.  That is called hypocrisy.  The idea that women and children and general populace are disposable is an idea that atheistic Zionist Jews adhere to and has no place in the deen  

Edited by abdullahfath

Wake up , Al Queda is on its own , and has been since the end of the Russian Involvement in Afghanistan .

To blame the US , CIA , or israel for all that has transpired since , is rubbish . Al Queda makes it's plans on it's own just as it did in 9/11 .

As to what is going on in Syria , any blame there falls on the heads of the participants ,  which does not include the US , CIA or israel.

Al Queda is no  agent of anyone but themselves  , it is ridiculous to even think otherwise .

Again you can't blame troubles in the arab/muslim world on the Jews , although it may make you feel better to do so , one merely need be aware of what is going on to realize that notion is ludicrous .

Assad is killing his own people , his own people are killing his military forces , and the foreign jihadis as well as Al Queda are killing Assad's forces . ANY and ALL killing in Syria has absolutely nothing to do with "atheist Zionist Jews" , or CIA , or US .

Face REALITY .

Edited by Aligarr

Are you actually defending a group that kills unarmed women and children?  That kills unarmed civilians?  You do realize that killing any unarmed combatant is not only wrong on a universal level but is also against sharia.

And to say that Allah (swt) would condone the ruthless murder of unarmed civilians is just sickening.  Never did the prophet ever condone such actions in the battles against the Meccans.  It is widely accepted that the Saudis and the U.S. government financed Al Qaeda. 

Then you defend these group of murders talking about not accussing fellow Muslims while accusing a fellow Muslim of the exact same thing.  That is called hypocrisy.  The idea that women and children and general populace are disposable is an idea that atheistic Zionist Jews adhere to and has no place in the deen  

Brother abdullahfath, I am not defending attacks on innocent civilians. I would never do so nor condone such things. Nor am I defending Al-Qaida. I was merely saying that you should not accuse them of being agents of the Kuffar when they clearly are not. It has to be a pretty elaborate, heck, the biggest scam in the history of the planet where the Americans are getting their own soldiers killed and bleeding themselves to death for a show! 

Also brother, AQ never claimed that they see the general populace as being disposable. It's one thing to condemn their tactics but another thing to go a little too far in criticism. See, the problem with a lot critics is that they have no alternative to solve the problems of the Ummah. What are American Muslims(MuslimMatters, and other Scholars, etc) doing to solve the ummah's problems? They keep churning out "fatwas" and pro-American propaganda masking it with nice names such as "orthodox Islam" but no solution to free and unite the Islamic World. 

And I am merely going off of what you said regarding that Shaykh. Let me ask you something; What would you call a Muslim "Shaykh", during the time of Salahudeen(ra), who went to the leaders of the Crusades and told them that that the movement of Salahudeen was becoming dangerous and to be especially leery of Salahudeen and his generals? What would you call that person who betrayed Salahudeen and the ummah?

That was a completely different situation.  The actions of Al Qaeda is nothing short of murder. 

[at] Aligarr like it or not Al Qaeda would not exist if we had not financed them to begin with, they were nothing.  Whether we have had anything to do with them since then is irrelevant. 

Next we sold the chemical weapons to Syria, we created said chemical weapons and we even transported it over there.  Is all of the responsibility in the hands of the U.S. .... no but a good portion of it is.  Now it might also be noted that we had no interest in the events of Syria until Syria decided that it wanted to sell oil on the global market outside of the U.S. currency.  Was it the basis of the involvement?  maybe, maybe not.  But it is a very interesting coincidence.

[at]Saracensoldier if I personally had known as a Muslim what Al Qaeda was planning I would have said something as well.  Regardless of how it looked.  As for the ummah the U.S. government operates within certain parameters and the biggest part of that parameter is keeping the masses under reigns.  If the masses, though, are educated as to what Islam truly is and what the American government is truly capable of and carrying out it benefits everyone.  So, in a manner of speaking many American Muslims are doing much more for the ummah than others.  More and more Americans are reverting to Islam.  What would happen if the majority of the populace in the U.S. was related to a Muslim?  Or if the majority of the populace or even a large chunk was Muslim? 

That was a completely different situation.  The actions of Al Qaeda is nothing short of murder. 

[at] Aligarr like it or not Al Qaeda would not exist if we had not financed them to begin with, they were nothing.  Whether we have had anything to do with them since then is irrelevant. 

Next we sold the chemical weapons to Syria, we created said chemical weapons and we even transported it over there.  Is all of the responsibility in the hands of the U.S. .... no but a good portion of it is.  Now it might also be noted that we had no interest in the events of Syria until Syria decided that it wanted to sell oil on the global market outside of the U.S. currency.  Was it the basis of the involvement?  maybe, maybe not.  But it is a very interesting coincidence.

[at]Saracensoldier if I personally had known as a Muslim what Al Qaeda was planning I would have said something as well.  Regardless of how it looked.  As for the ummah the U.S. government operates within certain parameters and the biggest part of that parameter is keeping the masses under reigns.  If the masses, though, are educated as to what Islam truly is and what the American government is truly capable of and carrying out it benefits everyone.  So, in a manner of speaking many American Muslims are doing much more for the ummah than others.  More and more Americans are reverting to Islam.  What would happen if the majority of the populace in the U.S. was related to a Muslim?  Or if the majority of the populace or even a large chunk was Muslim? 

Bin Laden himself financed Al Queda , it was his creation , above and beyond the help the Mujahadeen received fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan . In addition the Saudis themselves , not the Govt. but individuals financed Al Queda , they were also accommodated and allowed to operate in Afghanistan under the Taliban when they ruled Afghanistan .

Your estimation is a familiar fairy tale perpetrated by those who would abdicate responsibility for Al Queda and it's means of finance .

As for the US supplying chemical weapons to Syria ?  That is an absolute LIE , that you have fallen for .

Oil has nothing to do with any relation good or bad with Syria . Syria has no oil , nor is its geography advantageous to any mythical conspiracy theory you are attempting to propagate .

Stay away from your favorite conspiracy theories and stick to FACTS .

p.s. Muslim populations in the US are not increasing by CONVERSION , but rather by birth rate and immigration - check your statistics .

Edited by Aligarr

You are so blind to the propoganda machine that you will believe anything you are spoon fed. I have checked my statistics and one of the biggest contributors of statistics in the U.S. agrees with my statement. Keep waving the flag of the powers that wish to suppress not just Muslims but all, especially citizens of the U.S. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if you were oneof those that advocate the likes of Bush, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O Reilly

I would really like to see opinions from Muslims on this site of Syria's civil war. What do you guys think of it? Do you support the overthrow of Assad? The establishment of Sharia law in Syria?

assalamo Alykom brother,

first you should know the religious/ demoghraphic/ political/ economic and military map in Syria

which is roughly, 80% Arab Sunni Muslem, 10% Arab Alawi (many Muslems don't consider them as Muslems), 10% sunni kurdi Muslem

All significant political, economic, high military position are in the hands of the Alawi, the Sunni Muslems have limits every where. you will chocked to know that all the military pilots are also Alawi, all security and intelegence positions are with them.....

finally, the Sunni Muslems lives under great syclogical threads since the 60s, and that's becoming worse, in the 80s two great masacares done by Hafth Alasad and his brother,,,,collapsing the city of Hamah (20,000:30,0000 civilian were killed by artelary and fighter bombing) and the prison of Tadmor (2000:3000 presoners were killed with cold blood)

when the Arab countries began to seek its freedom the Syrian also did, simply by very simple summations and singing, they been faced by the most stupid and agressive reaction from Alasad folks...that led them to carry weapons to defend themselves....it seems the position becomes more complicated more international petrial, no good weapon supply to the free army....more casualities and humeterian atrocities....

My own position, right now, I'm not sure, but it seems a political solution under UN supervision should be done..

regarding Sharia law: simply, ok, lets say regarding the US, your own city, own street, how many roppery crimes/ attacking homes (which mostly lead to clashing, since the american are well armed)/how many being killed losing members (hands legs eyes) during these actions / rapping / stealing children for parts or ......... what is your own safety probabilities?? how many criminals in the US persons / how many among them are dangerous criminals???

many causes will contribute in creating criminals , among that the lack of a deterring law?

don't you think harsh deterring law, should reduce that number to 0.1%. don't reply now, and tell me first why these gangs and criminals don't attack your military bases and places?! plz don't say they care about American patriotism!! no, they are just deterred, if they touch the fence they will be electrically chocked and if they didn't, they will be shoot to the head.....they are deterred. you can save the innocent bare handed civilians against those criminals gangs through deterring harsh laws.

the subject is more than this, what are the crimes, how to proof the case, when to waive the law.........

I realize this may be a whole different topic, but are most that we consider "Muslims" Sunnis? What is the main difference between the sects?

Although this forum doesn't allow any sectarian discussions, I'll answer you briefly, since you're only looking for info.

Most Muslims (about 85%) follow no sects. Sunni Muslims follow 2 sources: the Quran and the sunnah (teachings and behavior of prophet Muhammad), and since that is what all Muslims should follow, according to the Quran, sunni is not considered a sect, its the mainstream of Muslims. As for shia and other sects, since they have deviated from true Islamic teachings, and followed other books and added their own teachings, we always advise Muslims to avoid all sects and cults. You can read more about sects and cults in our Avoid All Sects and Cults section.

• Like 1