Islamic Forum
Zahed

I Need Your Prays.....for My Dad.

As-salaamu alaikum to all my brothers and sisters,

I am asking you all to please pray for my Dad who is unwell since about 20 Days. He is not eating food and not drinking water. All his reports are fine and Doctors have said he is absolutely normal at the moment. Dr says he has lost his Will power and needs to be convinced...we have tried all means necessary but in vain. Please pray that he eats and drinks normally and comes back to normal life....He is 73 years old. He has difficulty swollowing food, he chews tablets instead of swollowing.... I am loosing all hope.

He is presently admitted in the Hospital. Tomorrow is our Eid ul Zuha in India and instead of celebrating with my family and friends I am sure I will be at the Hospital by his bed side. Everyday is a new challenge for me. My mother is also a heart patient and cannot look after my dad, my wife is expecting and advised bed rest by Dr. I had an elder brother who has left this world...I am alone. Dr says if he starts eating food normally we will sure discharge him, but he is not listening and just says he cannot do it....Lack of Will Power.

Please Please Pray.

He has undergone chronic Hernia Operation amid complications on 26th September,2013 thereafter after 2 days in ICU  and 3 days in Ward he got discharged from hospital all was fine until on 07th October, 2013 he developed breathing problems and after rushing him to hospital, we found that his Kidneys had stopped functioning which resulted in excessive creatinine build up in the body....(Creatinine is a toxic substance that should be removed from the body...this removal of creatinine is done by the kidneys) As his kidneys had stopped functioning it was difficult to remove the creatinine and hence required to go on Dialysis......But by Allah's grace dialysis was not required as he showed signs of improvement  and his kidneys responded to medicines. He is absolutely fine but has stopped eating and drinking which Dr says is very important for him....please pray I am also praying but I dont know why Allah is not responding...I have worked very hard day and night in taking care of my dad.....All I want is he should come back to normal life.

Every minute of my life is passing like a year for me.

Assalamu alaikum

Zahed

PropellerAds

Wa alaikum assalam brother

I pray that insha'Allah your dad gets well soon by the will of Allah The Merciful.

Try to get him to feel hope again in his life. For example, invite family kids to come along, or an old friend.

We sometime lose interest in life when we lose hope and feel that we no longer are of use to anyone.

Re-introduce that hope to him in your own way, and try to cheer him up with things that he used to like.

Allah always respond to those who pray. It is us who sometimes don't know what's best. Only Allah Al-Mighty knows what's best for all of us. So just do your part, care for your dad and pray for him, and leave the rest to The Merciful Allah Al-Mighty.

wa alaykum as salaam 

inshaAllah he will recover quickly. Don't feel Allah is not listening to you. Sometimes we feel our moments of hardship can be a punishment but they can also actually bring us closer to Allah. Allah loves that we ask Him for help. 

Waalaikumsalam,

You will be in my prayer, Brother. Think of it as test and be patient. Insya Allah, Allah will give the best for your family.

Wassalam

As-salaamulaikum,

Thanks for all your prays brothers and sisters, but there is no hope now....all is lost. He has slipped into Depression. Allah is not answering my prays either.

Assalamu alaikum

Edited by Zahed