Islamic Forum
Ulfsark

Help Me Learn And Learn In Turn

I have issue with the way all the Abrahamic religions seem to revile themselves and constantly give compliments to God, often one after each other. The tendency to Both insult yourself by calling yourself or acting as if your weak and worthless and then telling the deity how much better he is in comparison.

But the fact is that, compared to Allah Al-Mighty we are weak and powerless, Ulfsank.

One of the important characteristics of a pious person, is humbleness. Compared to our creator, who has created the heavens and the earth and everything in between, we are nothing. We cannot create anything, we cannot secure our food for tomorrow, we cannot even secure the next breathe. We have no control over our destiny, when we are born, when we die, or when we will be raised again from the dead, Everything is controlled by our creator. How on earth can you feel anything but humility and humbleness in front of the creator who gave you everything that you enjoy right now: your food, money, family, health, kids, spouse.. everything!?

In our daily life, I'm sure you agree that Its a virtue to be humble, while its bad to be arrogant, right? How can you be humble with people and not so with your creator who bestowed everything on you?

Besides, you've got it wrong when say 'insulted'. We are not being insulted when we feel weak and powerless in front of our creator. On the contrary, it strengths our faith, and turn us into very powerful humans in front of our enemies, or challenges in our daily life, knowing that Allah is in our side.

PropellerAds

I would think so, I don't discount the existence of other gods than my own and it would be unforward to proclaim my stories true and everyone else to be false.

So is it also possible that these other gods for other people could be stronger than your gods? 

It seems that once again your knowledge of Christianity alone has gotten in the way. Where does it say, "I know that nothing good dwells within me"? In The Qur'an? No. That's *nowhere* in The Qur'an. It's only in The Bible (Romans 7:18). The Qur'an says that man was made in the best of moulds (surah 95, verse 4). We have no concept of original sin. Indeed, the very first man was also the very first prophet (surah 3, verse 33). There is indeed a longstanding tradition in Christianity of positively ludicrous absolutism about seeing human nature as negatively as possible and good deeds as utterly meaningless. In Islam we believe that everyone is born pure (how could it be otherwise?) and those who become corrupt only do so later.

It is true, however, that our purpose is to serve the One who made us. I fail to see the flaw in the logic. When you invent something, it's so that it can perform some tasks or other--for *you*.

I'm sorry, i assumed that Islam followed the same worldview as Judaism and Christianity in thinking that humans were evil, weak, corrupt, ETC. I should not have assumed that.

In my faith we have no burden to "Serve" anything. in fact, the entire idea is the exact opposite of what our gods would desire to see. because we descend from them, we are very much like them, and serving our bowing to anything provokes nothing but scorn.

But the fact is that, compared to Allah Al-Mighty we are weak and powerless, Ulfsank.

One of the important characteristics of a pious person, is humbleness. Compared to our creator, who has created the heavens and the earth and everything in between, we are nothing. We cannot create anything, we cannot secure our food for tomorrow, we cannot even secure the next breathe. We have no control over our destiny, when we are born, when we die, or when we will be raised again from the dead, Everything is controlled by our creator. How on earth can you feel anything but humility and humbleness in front of the creator who gave you everything that you enjoy right now: your food, money, family, health, kids, spouse.. everything!?

This is simply a firm difference in worldview. Being weaker than a being does not equate to subservience in the same manner that if I met a man stronger than me, i would still refuse to be his slave and would actively fight any such attempt.

Humbleness is not a virtue in my faith, Pride is.

If I could not secure food, breathe or anything else in my life, then I would have to question exactly why all these things stop if I myself stop trying to procure them. God(s) might have created these things, but you ARE very much capable of securing them, if you were not, then you would be dead.

So is it also possible that these other gods for other people could be stronger than your gods? 

It is technically possible, I don't think it likely at all though.

In my faith, we already have beings that combat the gods, who are akin to Gods themselves. Our gods are often stronger and wiser and more cunning than their foes.

Thanks for all the answers.

I think we know enough for now about your religion.

What about you, do you have any questions regarding Islam, other than the ones in your first post?

Ulfsark, I used to think that humbleness and pride were equal but opposite negative extremes before I realized something--the very same thing you need to realize now for a different reason. Which of the two traits is it that motivates a person to become more than he already is--to become stronger I guess is how you'd think of it--and which of the two is likelier to convince him to foolishly stay the way he is now because he already has what he needs? "Humility" isn't the antonym of "drive", you know. Pride, on the other hand, actively works against self-improvement, and thus inhibits the reaching of your potential. If you want to be strong and cunning enough to face your foes, will you be able to pull it off without first going out of your way to do everything you can to recognize your own limitations? Doesn't the old saying go that the first rule of combat is, "Never underestimate your enemy"?

In my faith, we already have beings that combat the gods, who are akin to Gods themselves. Our gods are often stronger and wiser and more cunning than their foes.

But the fact that you don't know seems to be a limit to your religion afterall there could be one great God that you just don't know about. If i was in your religion I would be thinking about other people in the world and what their purpose is and why I don't know about them.

What do you mean by combat? How do they combat the gods? Do you see this take place?