Islamic Forum
NextElement

Help Prove To Me.....

Hello all! I'm new to these forums, and I'm somewhat religiously confused. I was raised Catholic, but I've been going out to try to find my own answers on things. I know I believe in one God, but from there it gets sketchy. I had some questions I had been wanting to ask Muslims:

How are you so sure Muhammad was an actual prophet of God? I know for many Christians, the miracles Jesus performed and that his disciples literally said he was the Messiah certainly help them believe. How can you logically reason that God wanted to send his message through Muhammad, and that he wasn't "making it up"? I really don't see the Quran as enough proof.

Why was Muhammad a military leader? It just seems odd to me that a prophet of a relatively peaceful God would want to battle other humans.

I've heard of the Koran containing several scientific facts that Muhammad could not have known without divine help. Can someone list some of these scientific oddities found in the Koran?

I am desperately looking for spiritual guidance, and I've come here because I've always had this gut feeling that Islam may be right. How can I pray about this? Do Muslims believe that one can simply lay in bed and pray to Allah for guidance? Or do you have to do the whole wash feet and face East thing?

Thanks and God bless.

PropellerAds

Hi, 

I used to be a Catholic myself before reverting to Islam. I am sure that the prophet Muhammad was a true prophet of God when I read in detail about his life and how the quran was compiled. There are so many reasons I believe he has to be a prophet, not only that I believe the word he revealed was true and has no corruption but because there were times where he was offered power and wealth and he rejected it. If he had another agenda I don't think he would have lived his whole life in the conditions he lived. His life was in constant danger, he was not wealthy and his supporters even complained about this, even his supporters were at times in danger for supporting him. So I don't see why would he make things up - what benefit did he have? He would have had more success of making things up that were in harmony with the old political system but the revelations went completely against that system and in no way benefited his position in Mecca. And not to forget that Muhammad before receiving revelations was among one of the most respected people in his community and soon people who he were once his friends became his enemies. 

Why Muhammad pbuh was a military leader? Why not? Is being a prophet of God only confined to speaking words. Muhammad pbuh was forming a new community which were small at first and could have been completely wiped out had they not defended themselves. When your own life is in danger and when there are people threatening your community sometimes one must defend themselves through means of war. Some of the tribes in Mecca did not hide the fact that they were enemies of Muhammad. However, war in Islam has strict conditions which are found throughout the quran and sunnah. For example killing women and children is forbidden as well as destroying nature. I know that traditionally christianity is associated with love and peace but there are also verses in the bible which reveal that things are not always peaceful.

As Younes said you can pray how you want. In Islam there are 5 mandatory prayers per day but apart from these there are also prayers where you can just ask God what you want. You could be thinking in your head or saying it out loud. You just have to want help from God truly in your heart and He will help you. 

We believe that Allah knows what we are thinking and what is in our hearts. 

I suggest you read this: http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Introduction-to-Sciences-of-the-Quran.pdf It has many things from the compilation of the quran to science in the quran. If you also go to part 17 it will help you with your first question as to why you should believe that Muhammad was not making it up. It presents some of the arguments that orientalists have against Muhammad and refutes them. I hope it will help you with some of your questions.

Also I would like to say from my own experience that learning about Islam from anti Islamic sites will not help you understand the true message of Islam. I thought Islam was an awful religion when I did this but when I actually learnt about Islam from the real authentic sources my whole perspective changed. If you want to learn about Islam truly then use the authentic sources, it doesn't mean you will become a muslim but at least you can say you had an open mind to Islamic sources.

May God guide you to the truth.

Thank you brothers and sisters. This may seem odd, but I've always just had a gut feeling that Islam was "right" in a way. Question: I've sinned (obviously), but say you were to recite the shahadah and die in a car accident driving home. Are all of your sins forgiven, despite living the majority of your life rejecting Islam?

Entering Islam wipes away all previous sins. So, if you were to say the shahadah and then die in a car accident, you would be forgiven.

Hello all! I'm new to these forums, and I'm somewhat religiously confused. I was raised Catholic, but I've been going out to try to find my own answers on things. I know I believe in one God, but from there it gets sketchy. I had some questions I had been wanting to ask Muslims:

How are you so sure Muhammad was an actual prophet of God? I know for many Christians, the miracles Jesus performed and that his disciples literally said he was the Messiah certainly help them believe. How can you logically reason that God wanted to send his message through Muhammad, and that he wasn't "making it up"? I really don't see the Quran as enough proof.

Why was Muhammad a military leader? It just seems odd to me that a prophet of a relatively peaceful God would want to battle other humans.

I've heard of the Koran containing several scientific facts that Muhammad could not have known without divine help. Can someone list some of these scientific oddities found in the Koran?

I am desperately looking for spiritual guidance, and I've come here because I've always had this gut feeling that Islam may be right. How can I pray about this? Do Muslims believe that one can simply lay in bed and pray to Allah for guidance? Or do you have to do the whole wash feet and face East thing?

Thanks and God bless.

How are you so sure Muhammad was an actual prophet of God? 

read this

What Was Prophet Muhammad's Personality Like?

http://www.gawaher.com/topic/738250-what-was-prophet-muhammads-personality-like/

Question:

Prove that Muhammad is a true Prophet. What powers did God give him?

Fatwa:

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad icon--1.gif is His slave and Messenger.

The signs that prove the prophecy of Muhammad icon--1.gif are numerous. Many books have been written to enumerate them and thoroughly discuss them. We would like to mention some of these signs as reported by Muslim scholars and which prove that Muhammad icon--1.gif was a real Prophet including:

- First, his good biography and high morals as well as the noble qualities that distinguished him. He was known before becoming a Prophet as a truthful and honest person, although the community where he lived was a society of ignorance. This was, perhaps, the most important sign of his prophecy. He was not known to have ever lied on people. So, why should he lie on be half of the Lord by claiming that he was a Prophet, if he was not a real Prophet?

- Second, the powers and triumphs Allaah gave him and the spread of the religion he preached, as well as the triumph of this religion over all existing religions in a short period of time. Had he been a liar, Allaah would have humiliated and destroyed him as He did with those before him who falsely claimed Prophethood.

- Third, the miracles Allaah gave him as supporting evidence were beyond the ability of human beings and were beyond range of natural phenomena. The moon split for him, water gushed from his fingers, food became more abundant in his hands, and similar phenomena were authentically reported and happened in a way that could not be denied.

- Fourth, the Prophet icon--1.gif was backed by the greatest miracle which is the Quran. In fact, Quran was a challenge and remains a challenge for Arabs who were known to be good poets and eloquent speakers. Allaah challenged them to write a single Surah (chapter) that would be similar to that of Quran, but the Arabs were unable to do so. Indeed, the challenge still endures, none of the Arabs throughout history - since the revelation of the Quran - was able to make anything that was even similar to it. No doubt that the Quran has been preserved intact until it came to us. Groups of people memorized it including children, adults, males and females. So generations brought the Quran to generations until it reached us as it was revealed 14 centuries ago. Hence, the Quranremains intact protected from distortion or alteration. Nothing has been added to it, nor taken from it. Quran is full of scientific facts that were verified only in these times of scientific investigation. No doubt that Muhammad who was illiterate would not have possessed this knowledge 14 centuries ago. Doesn't this prove the authenticity of the Quran and that it is the Word of the Creator of the Universe who knows all its secrets?

- Fifth, the things from the unseen that he (the Prophet icon--1.gif) informed us about. Some of them occurred during his life time. Others happened later. Some of these things happened to the Prophets, may Allaah exalt their mention, who preceded him and some are still to occur. He also informed about the signs of The Day of Judgment, some of which had already been seen such as widespread killings and genocide, adultery and fornication and the consumption of the alcohol, outnumbering of males by females and the increased number of earthquakes, and afflictions,… etc.

- Sixth, the testimony of some of the people of the Book that he was a true Prophet. Some of them believed in him like 'Abdullaah Ibn Salaam icon--3.gif who was a Jew as well as Negus (king of Abyssinia) who was a Christian. Some of the people of the Book certified that he was a Prophet from Allaah but refused to follow him like Huyayy Ibn Akhtab.

The above are some of the signs that prove his Prophethood and the authenticity of his revelations. We would like the questioner to visit some of the Islamic centers in her area, and hopefully, they will guide her to some useful references in the matter.

Allaah Knows best.

Fatwa answered by: The Fatwa Center at Islamweb

Would you believe that Quran is from God if you could see stuff from our time in it, wich was discovered last 150 years

like Big bang, expnasion of universe, pulsars and many many other scientific stuff, you can even find God put consonant letter of our modern words into quran on special places in the Quran as evidence that it is his book. Consonant letters of Television, Neutron, Proton, (DNA; RNA, hemoglobin) molecules, Venus, Mars, Halley's comet, Chemical elements programed in the text with their atomic numbers and masses.

for example, consonant letters of word Neutron - NTRN can be found only in verse 18:39 and we know today that neutron is 1,839 times heavier than electron.

Or that we can find DNA 3 times mentioned only in verse 18:65, and year 1865 began science of DNA with Gregor Mendel.

if this not clear proof of divine orgin of the Quran, that such info wich was not yet invented and named were prophecied in the Quran.

Or consonant letter for Television (T,L,V,S,N) in perfect order can only be found verse wich talk about imagetransmission or teleportation.

and there is much much more miracles in the quran wich proofs that this book is from God.

Thank you brothers and sisters. This may seem odd, but I've always just had a gut feeling that Islam was "right" in a way. Question: I've sinned (obviously), but say you were to recite the shahadah and die in a car accident driving home. Are all of your sins forgiven, despite living the majority of your life rejecting Islam?

The moment you're convinced of the truth and become a Muslim by reciting the shahada, all your previous sins would be forgiven, and you become like a new born baby, with a clean slate. That is why Muslims usually ask new converts to pray for them, as their clean slate makes their prayers more likely to be answered :)

Thanks for the replies so far! A few more questions:

Where in the Christian bible does it say that God would send another prophet after Jesus?

Why would the disciples of Jesus lie about him being the Son of God in their gospels? They obviously knew him well, it seems odd that they would have misunderstood him so many times, and you think he would've clarified he was NOT the son of God if he wasn't?

Thanks and God bless.

which do you prefer?!! local timed instantaneous miracles or Permanent innovated all time Miracles. I mean yes Muhammad (pbuh), have many of the first type miracles Just like Jesus (pbuh), but both have gone to their creator with their ability to do miracles. I beleive the second type of miracles is more powerful, new, fresh, will not be subjected to speculations or doubts.

BTW, you may be one witness for one more new miracle, just been discovered few years, some are trying to bury it before spreading out:
Allah takes 1400 years ago that he almighty created a specific barrier between the two great bulks of salt waters, and another one between the salt and fresh great bulks of water..........what do you think about that?!
review this thread and read the related part in the book

A good condensed book entitled "A Brief Illustrated Guide To Understanding Islam" in PDF format, 

http://www.Islam-guide.com/book-download.htm

also, here are some nice sites about the Miracles in Quran and Hadeeth:

http://kaheel7.com/eng/

http://www.elnaggarzr.com/en/index.php

H

Thanks and God bless.

don't you feel proud of your victorious military leaders, who defeat the oppressors and help the oppressed. those who stand for justice and fairness or you think the truth should not have great men to defend it. also many of the great prophets were warriors like David and Solomon....

but say you were to recite the shahadah and die in a car accident driving home. Are all of your sins forgiven, despite living the majority of your life rejecting Islam? 

Thanks and God bless.

not only this but if you admitted that you were wrong and felt guilty and sorrow and repented to Allah, Allah will substitute your bad deeds by good ones by his mercy, Allah says in the Quran:

"025.070 S: Except him who repents and believes and does a good deed; so these are they of whom Allah changes the evil deeds to good ones; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful." 

and also,  who ever Allah chose to die suddenly (arbitrary on human's standerd, car accident ship sinking, house collapse......some thing out of the human hand )...Allah will multiply his good deeds and give him a degree of martyr ....... according to the hadeeth of the prophet (ppbuh)

Where in the Christian bible does it say that God would send another prophet after Jesus?

you also can search for " WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT MOHAMMED (PEACE BE UPON HIM) THE PROPHET OF Islam" A lecture by Ahmed Deedat

T

Why would the disciples of Jesus lie about him being the Son of God in their gospels? They obviously knew him well, it seems odd that they would have misunderstood him so many times, and you think he would've clarified he was NOT the son of God if he wasn't?

in fact the question should be vise versa, why the writers of the bible failed to clear the Christian canon, compared to Council of Nicea 325 AD. the answer will be because it was all that time disputable between the right believers and those who follow Paul's and his followers (Luke) Suggestions and gestures about Jesus.

the more confusing question will be, Peter take after Jesus raising telling " Jesus was a man supported by god' miracle (prophet))

in fact all the issue was a kind of hypocrisy (who was a jew to the jew and roman to the romans) of some one who used his logic and language capability to spread his form of Christianity (he made it very near to the pagans believes at the time, family god adopted by the Rome pagan Catholic church), he played also on the people sensitive feelings and Guilty complex to create a kind on sympathies towards the innocent man who died on the cross.

plz watch it to the end

John 16:7

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Christian would say this comforter is holy spirit, but that cant be correct beacuse holy spirit was allready present on earth even before jesus and during jesus lifetime. so it cant be holy spirit 100%. it most be a new prophet, if comforter is a prophet , jesus was prophet, so whjat he actually say is that another prophet/comforter will come.

John 14:16

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; the Spirit of truth.

if christian beleive in 2 holy ghost then it would destroy holy trinity, beacuse they believe father, son and holy ghost, and here clearly jesus say another , it means there is more than 1, so comforter cant be holy ghost, but a prophet.

So who is this comforter/prophet after jesus if not Muhammed?

Isaiah's vision:

Isaiah saw a vision of two riders.

"And he saw a chariot [with] a couple of horsemen, a chariot of , [and] a chariot of camels .." (Isaiah 21:7)

Who was the rider upon the ? Every Sunday school student will tell us that this was a prophecy of Jesus (peace be upon him), as stated in John:

"And Jesus, when he had found a young , sat thereon; as it is written," (John 12:14)

but who is the promised prophet who would ride the camel? If it is not Muhammad (peace be upon him) then this prophecy has yet to be fulfilled. Let us read on...

"And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, [with] a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground." (Isaiah 21:9)

Babylon did indeed fall before Islam and the Islamic nation under the guidance of Muhammad (peace be upon him) did indeed succeed in eradicating the worship of idols from Babylon replacing it with the worship of God alone. In fact, the Muslims were the only believers in the God of Isaiah to ever succeed in fulfilling this prophesy.

Edited by andalusi

If you are genuinely a seeker of the truth then best practice here is "E.T. Phone home!"

Go into your own room and shut the door.  And call on the Creator of All creation for guidance.  With sincerity call on Him like this:

"Oh God.  Creator of the universe and all that exists.  I come seeking the truth.  On You I call to show me the truth, as the truth. And open my heart to it and draw me to it and draw it to me.  And show me the falsehood as falsehood and harden my heart against it and move it far from me and move me far from it.  Ameen."

I have been doing just that, SandShoes, and I'll continue to.

I just have such a hard time trusting that Muhammad was a prophet. Everything about the story seems odd to me, and kind of illogical. But on the other hand, I'm always finding myself coming back to these forums and learning more and more about Islam.

Listen to this and then judge if muhammed is prophet of God or not

I just have such a hard time trusting that Muhammad was a prophet. Everything about the story seems odd to me, and kind of illogical. 

The book I gave you up in my other post is really helpful with that. It's long but do read through it. You have to look at the arguments that explain why Muhammad is a prophet and look at the arguments non Muslims use to say he isn't along with the responses from muslims to these arguments. Then you come to your own conclusion as to which side you believe. 

One refute I hear commonly from Christians is that Muhammad was actually approached or misled by the devil, who wanted to use Muhammad to cause doubt about Jesus being the son of God. Could the devil have given Muhammad the Koran and deceived him and his followers to bring doubt on Jesus?

Could Muhammad just have been used by Satan?

One refute I hear commonly from Christians is that Muhammad was actually approached or misled by the devil, who wanted to use Muhammad to cause doubt about Jesus being the son of God. Could the devil have given Muhammad the Koran and deceived him and his followers to bring doubt on Jesus?

Hello, kick-boxer, why not the opposite?! the follower of Paul who are been used by the Satan to associate a partner to the one god, in fact not only one partner but two of them one in 325 AD, while the second been added in 381 AD, Just by men canons under the supervision of a pagan emperor.

what proves they have and what proves Muhammad have?! just compare using your mind and sometimes heart (balanced) from a neutral higher position, which is more powerful, more logic and reasonable should be from god, 

did you read about the barrier between the seas, in my previous post, who can tell about that just few decades ago?!!

Real Peace and Contentment to the Truth Seekers,,,,

I did read about the barrier of the seas, and I especially liked the story that you linked where the the man of power questioned the guy who knew Muhammad "is he of a noble family?", "are the poor following him?" Etc. I guess I'm wondering why this man Muhammad who was revered for his honesty would lie about such a thing.

I'm considering saying the Shahada and reverting to Islam, and praying about it. Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1

I did read about the barrier of the seas, and I especially liked the story that you linked where the the man of power questioned the guy who knew Muhammad "is he of a noble family?", "are the poor following him?" Etc. I guess I'm wondering why this man Muhammad who was revered for his honesty would lie about such a thing.

I'm considering saying the Shahada and reverting to Islam, and praying about it. Thanks for all the help.

May the one real, all-powerful and most-merciful god clear the scene in front of your heart and mind, strengthen and support you on the truth way

• Like 1

BTW, at the middle of his difficult way, to avoid the society break down, his non-believer people' leaders offered him:

to collect money  from each other and give it to him so that he will be the most rich in the area,,,

to raise him as their leader, make a crown to him just like the cesar's and consider him a king....

he refused all of that, and kept on the god's way

.........what could be his goal in life?!

he kept his humble and poor life even after controlling all of Arabia.. 

answer is here

The Source of Quran

No we won't. Stop misusing scripture.

"And Jesus, when he had found a young , sat thereon; as it is written," (John 12:14)

you holy book say that you lie to us now.

Andalusi, whereas it may be in your nature to lie I can assure you it is not in mine. Read my words ... No we won't, stop misusing scripture.

You were quoting Isaiah 21:7 and said that Christians are taught in Sunday school that the rider on the donkey in Isaiah represented Jesus and by your faulty deduction therefore implies that the rider on the camels referred to Mohammed. This passage has nothing whatsoever do to with Muhammad. The context of the passage is a reference to the fall of Babylon. I think we already said in other threads how wrong it is to use verses out of context because that's how misunderstandings occur. If you read on Isaiah 21:9 says, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon.” So we now see this passage actually has nothing to do with either Muhammad or Jesus. The references to horsemen, donkeys, and camels, just refer to the means by which the news of Babylon’s fall was spread.

Whereas John 12:14 does refer to Jesus. But Isaiah was hundreds of years before John so they are not referring to the same event.

I said you misused the scriptures .. Which you did.. You said I lied.. Which I did not. I think it would be polite if you offered me an apology. I don't expect you to understand the Bible but you should take the trouble to understand the importance of seeing the verses in context. If I see a sura which seems at odds to me.. And I use it so make a point, I have no problem with you or anyone else saying "but you are not using the sura in context that is why you do not understand it". You are a muslim I expect you to have a greater knowledge of your book. Please have the respect that I as a Christian may have a greater understanding of my Book.

Peace.

The context of the passage is a reference to the fall of Babylon.

yes only blue section of the verse. but not red and green

Isaiah's vision:

Isaiah saw a vision of two riders.

"And he saw a chariot [with] a couple of horsemen, a chariot of , [and] a chariot of camels .." (Isaiah 21:7)

Who was the rider upon the ? Every Sunday school student will tell us that this was a prophecy of Jesus (peace be upon him), as stated in John:

but who is the promised prophet who would ride the camel? If it is not Muhammad (peace be upon him) then this prophecy has yet to be fulfilled. Let us read on...

"And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, [with] a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground." (Isaiah 21:9)

Babylon did indeed fall before Islam and the Islamic nation under the guidance of Muhammad (peace be upon him) did indeed succeed in eradicating the worship of idols from Babylon replacing it with the worship of God alone. In fact, the Muslims were the only believers in the God of Isaiah to ever succeed in fulfilling this prophesy.

show us the verse wich say that chariot of and chariot of camel mean also that these chariots will conquer Babylon

Isaiah 21:9

clearly say that prophecy of Isaiah 21:7 blue section was fullfilled, but John 12:14 clearly say that prophecy about jesus was also fullfilled. so were in bible do we see prophecy of chariot of camel be fullfilled???????????????

You said I lied.. Which I did not. I think it would be polite if you offered me an apology.

ok, i apologize.