Islamic Forum
KenPruitt

Suicide Is Expressly Forbidden In The Qur'an.

Bold underline is mine.

Surah 4:29:

"O ye who believe! Eat up not your property in vanities: But let there be amongst you Triffic and trade by mutual good-will: NOR KILL (OR DESTROY) YOURSELVES: for Allah hath been to you Most Merciful."

Edited by KenPruitt

PropellerAds

Congratulations.... :)

Indeed it is. Now i suppose your next question is going to be 'so why do it then?'. 

I can answer that.

The same way murder is illegal in most countries yet people still commit murder.

Furthermore nearly all suicide bombings are either political or 'harming the enemy' motivated. Not religious. 

Don't presume I posted that to ask a question.

If anyone here is familiar with FoxNews and the likes of Sean Hannity and that general mentality you will better understand Ken here.  He is not here to try and learn but to try and correct us.  He wants us to understand what we, as Muslims, are doing wrong.  Most likely, regardless of his professed religion if any, he is a secularist who devotes himself to the one religion of nationalism promoted by the U.S. government with its holy writings known as the U.S. constitution.  Of course I could be wrong but he also likely is going to make more posts that suggest that Islam was spread by the sword or that Islam is false. 

He also likely has more weapons than anyone on this site.  He probably has at least one bumper sticker denouncing Islam along with a flag of TN and has probably read many articles against Islam that show "true" Islam.

Actually, I don't watch the news at all. It's poison.

And as for the U.S. Constitution, "No Treason: The Constitution of No Authority" by Lysander Spooner is my response.

Actually, I don't watch the news at all. It's poison.

And as for the U.S. Constitution, "No Treason: The Constitution of No Authority" by Lysander Spooner is my response.

Interesting argument by Spooner, definitely worth a further read though it does seem that you failed to address the other matters.  This is, of course, not to mention the fact that I never said that you watched the news. I said that if anyone here has ever seen FoxNews or Sean Hannity and their lot then they can better understand you.  Although based on your constitutional argument I would say in terms of politics you are either liberal or libertarian at best.  My statement in regards to your views towards Islam still applies

It is not just forbidden, but a major sin that leads to severe punishment in the hereafter. I don't know any situation during the battles during the life of the Prophet that teaches us to commit suicide operations. To sacrifice your life for others in battle is different, but suicide operations are not allowed.

It is also forbidden to kill women and children. During Suicide Attacks the attacker does not really care who he or she kills. There might be children and women around. Women and children must not be killed during warfare or battle let alone during times of peace. Random killing is forbidden and the suicide attacker does not know who he or she kills.

The prohibition of suicide includes the prohibition of Euthanasia be it voluntary, non-voluntary, involuntary, active, or passive.

Do you have anything to back up this comment on euthanasia or are you just stating personal opinion?