Islamic Forum
abu Ahmad

"what Does Islam Say About Paul?"

"What does Islam say about PAUL?" 

This verse is found in the Qur'an: 

O you who have believed, be supporters of Allah , as when Jesus, the son of Mary, said to the disciples, "Who are my supporters for Allah?" The disciples said, "We are supporters of Allah." And a faction of the Children of israel believed and a faction disbelieved. So We supported those who believed against their enemy, and they became dominant. Qur'an 61:14 

This corresponds with 2TIM Where Paul is writing to his one & only 'friend' as the disciples have succeeded in debunking his "crucified christ" in Asia minor (Northern syria, Turkey) 

II Timothy 1:15 YOU KNOW THAT EVERYONE IN THE PROVINCE OF ASIA HAS DESERTED ME...... 

Paul was never a true believer. He was theologically at war with the 12 disciples. He hated them intensely & curses them & reviles them in his letters. 

Galatians 1:6-12 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse! 

2COR 12:11 I have made a fool of myself, but you drove me to it. I ought to have been commended by you, for I am not in the least inferior to the “super-apostles,” even though I am nothing.

PHIL 3:1-3 Further, my brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you. 2 WATCH OUT FOR THOSE DOGS, THOSE EVILDOERS, THOSE MUTILATORS OF THE FLESH. 3 For it is we who are the circumcision, we who serve God by his Spirit, who boast in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh.

"WATCH OUT FOR THOSE DOGS, THOSE EVILDOERS, THOSE MUTILATORS OF THE FLESH" - this is a prophet of God?

GAL 5:11 Brothers and sisters, if I am still preaching circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been abolished.  (Is that not total hypocrisy).

12 As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate (castrate) themselves!  (Paul love for the disciples knows no bounds)

GOD PROMISES THE MESSIAH HE WILL NOT BE HARMED NOR CRUCIFIED

Luke 4:9 The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from here. 10 For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you carefully;
11 they will lift you up in their hands,
    so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”

A Word for word quote of God's promise to the Messiah in Psalm 91:11-12.  So who to believe?  God or Paul?

PAUL NEVER PREACHED THE GOSPEL OF JESUS

GAL 1:11-12 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ. 

Paul preached a crucified christ & the disciples preached the Gospel of Jesus. 

1 Cor 1:23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles. 

a stumbling block to Jews?? 
Why is a crucified christ a stumbling block for the Disciples - those whom Paul curses & reviles throughout his letters in the bible? 

This is what the disciples knew - they were there.  Eye witnesses to Allah raising Jesus alive. (as promised in Psalm 91)

And [We cursed them] for their disbelief and their saying against Mary a great slander, And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain. Qur'an 4:156-7

***To receive Revelation from God above makes one a PROPHET not an Apostle. (Gal 1:1)*   AND not only that but to receive your own holy book (Paul's Gospel) makes one a GREAT MESSENGER such as Abraham, Moses, Jesus & Mohammad (peace be upon them all).

So just what false prophet was Jesus (peace be upon him) warning about?  The one whose fruit worship other than Allah, the God of all the prophets from Noah to Mohammad (peace be upon them all).
Edited by Sandshoes

PropellerAds

Why all this antagonism against Paul?

Why can’t Muslims simply say “Paul contradicts the Quran, therefore he is wrong” and leave it at that? Why must you post a long argument and quote Paul himself when you clearly haven’t studies Paul’s letters thoroughly enough?

Is your religion about argumentation and the arrogantly proud banner of “We are right, they are wrong!”? Is not charity indeed nobler than arguments?

SubhanAllah.  You see it as a "right verse wrong" argument?  Is that all that has touched your heart?  You think it charity to leave you undisturbed trodding towards destruction, the Hellfire?

Nothing I have said has not been said by your own scholars about Paul - except that they all defend him and dismiss his antogonists as rabble-rousers and vagabonds.  But once one connects it with the Qur'an it is all crystal clear.

You see we understand about truth when it comes.  We call it "Haqq" (pronounced. huck).  And every muslim knows when a 'great one' speaks the 'haqq' enters into the hearts.

This is how we know the above is "haqq" BECAUSE only "Great Ones" (the Disciples) could go from church to church from Aleppo to Corinth and all places in between and gather the people.  Paul the Liar lost every single person in his entire congregation save a few.  All taken by the "haqq" to another gospel.  The gospel of Jesus. 

Paul is the 'False Prophet' warned about.  And Paulinian christians are the bad fruit because you worship another God besides Allah.  Another besides 'Yahweh' in the O>T.  Another besides "The Father' in the NT.

REV 2:2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.

Save yourself and call on God to show you what is the 'haqq' of the matter and open your heart to it.  Do not let obstinate pride be your damnation.

Edited by abu Ahmad

I read Arabic. I’ve read the Quran and I’m sorry to disappoint you but if the truth was there I failed to see it.

I’ve asked God for a humble heart and to never allow any pride I have to choke out the truth.

No offence but I see a certain moral standard lacking in Islam. I say this with all respect.

I read Arabic. I’ve read the Quran and I’m sorry to disappoint you but if the truth was there I failed to see it.

I’ve asked God for a humble heart and to never allow any pride I have to choke out the truth.

No offence but I see a certain moral standard lacking in Islam. I say this with all respect.

Your sincerity is denied.

And it is not for a soul to believe except by permission of Allah , and He will place defilement upon those who will not use reason.  10:100

And say, "Truth has come, and falsehood has departed. Indeed is falsehood, ever bound to depart."
And We send down of the Qur'an that which is healing and mercy for the believers, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss. 17:81-82

And upon Allah is the direction of the
way, and among the various paths are those deviating. And if He willed, He could have guided you all. 16:9

Indeed, We guided him to the way, be he grateful or be he ungrateful. 76:3

And shown him the two ways (good and evil) 90:10

None disbelieves therein except the transgressor, the sinful.
When Our Verses are recited to him he says: "Tales of the ancients!"
No! Rather, the stain (of sin) has covered their hearts of that which they were earning. 83:12-14

And who is more unjust than one who is reminded of the verses of his Lord but turns away from them and forgets what his hands have put forth? Indeed, We have placed over their hearts coverings, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And if you invite them to guidance - they will never be guided, then - ever. 18:57

You haven't disappointed me.  I have my Lord for guidance.

QUESTION: How does your heart account for this:

Paul the Liar lost every single person in his entire congregation save a few.  All taken by the "haqq" to another gospel.  The gospel of Jesus. 
Edited by abu Ahmad

There are approx 1.3 billion Christians in the world today that follow St Paul. So the alleged “حق” is flawed by your own reasoning.

Please explain when and where these alleged people left Paul and followed the gospel of Jesus? Where is this “gospel of Jesus” now? Has it been preserved?

Your sincerity is denied.

And it is not for a soul to believe except by permission of Allah , and He will place defilement upon those who will not use reason.  10:100

And say, "Truth has come, and falsehood has departed. Indeed is falsehood, ever bound to depart."

And We send down of the Qur'an that which is healing and mercy for the believers, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss. 17:81-82

And upon Allah is the direction of the

way, and among the various paths are those deviating. And if He willed, He could have guided you all. 16:9

Indeed, We guided him to the way, be he grateful or be he ungrateful. 76:3

And shown him the two ways (good and evil) 90:10

None disbelieves therein except the transgressor, the sinful.

When Our Verses are recited to him he says: "Tales of the ancients!"

No! Rather, the stain (of sin) has covered their hearts of that which they were earning. 83:12-14

And who is more unjust than one who is reminded of the verses of his Lord but turns away from them and forgets what his hands have put forth? Indeed, We have placed over their hearts coverings, lest they understand it, and in their ears deafness. And if you invite them to guidance - they will never be guided, then - ever. 18:57

You haven't disappointed me.  I have my Lord for guidance.

QUESTION: How does your heart account for this:

Do you know what man? I think I’m done talking to you. It’s obvious we will both maintain our theological positions and I don’t see any good coming out of this discussion. There is certainly no charity at work in this thread which is not the Christian way.

You may know a few things about God but you’ll never understand God’s love for you if you do not believe in His Son’s passion, death and resurrection.

May God be with you and open your heart to humility and understanding.

There are approx 1.3 billion Christians in the world today that follow St Paul. So the alleged “حق” is flawed by your own reasoning.

Please explain when and where these alleged people left Paul and followed the gospel of Jesus? Where is this “gospel of Jesus” now? Has it been preserved?

I call Paul to the witness stand:

Galatians 1:6-12 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ AND ARE TURNING TO A DIFFERENT GOSPEL  7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse! 

FINAL RESULT - Truth overcomes falsehood:

II Timothy 1:15 YOU KNOW THAT EVERYONE IN THE PROVINCE OF ASIA HAS DESERTED ME...... 

PAUL CONFESSES HE NEVER PREACHED THE GOSPEL OF JESUS THAT THE DISCIPLES PREACHED

GAL 1:11-12 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin.  I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ. 

Revelation from God makes one a prophet NOT an apostle.  And Paul is a false one.  And his followers are the bad fruit.

Edited by abu Ahmad

Do you know what man? I think I’m done talking to you. It’s obvious we will both maintain our theological positions and I don’t see any good coming out of this discussion. There is certainly no charity at work in this thread which is not the Christian way.

You may know a few things about God but you’ll never understand God’s love for you if you do not believe in His Son’s passion, death and resurrection.

May God be with you and open your heart to humility and understanding.

QUR'AN 15:9-15
Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian.
And We had certainly sent [messengers] before you, [O Muhammad], among the sects of the former peoples.
And no messenger would come to them except that they ridiculed him.
Thus do We insert denial into the hearts of the criminals.
They will not believe in it, while there has already occurred the precedent of the former peoples.
And [even] if We opened to them a gate from the heaven and they continued therein to ascend,
They would say, "Our eyes have only been dazzled. Rather, we are a people affected by magic." 

QUR'AN 2:6-7
Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.
Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment. 2:6-7

A question if I may? Given that the Koran doesn't seem to like Paul yet endorses the Christian scriptures and has Christians look to our own scriptures what does that say about the Koran? Admittedly it confuses me. But hey you to your scriptures and Christians to theirs.

Peace be with you

The Qur'an does NOT endorse the books you have with you.  It confirms that there were previous books.  Even your own Paul confirms this:

GAL 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all.

Paul testifies that there is another Gospel.  And shows no respect for this gospel.  Yet everyone in his congregations from Aleppo to Corinth & all churches in between deserted him for it when they became aware of it.

• Like 1

LOLOL....this is entertaining , Muslims trying to tell Christians their religion !

abu Ahmad  , you have absolutely no idea of what or who Paul is . You have studied your " how to refute Christian manual " , that is the extent of your knowledge . You have no idea of the context nor content of the meaning of the verses your teachers have cherry picked to bolster their refutes .

You will never refute real Christians who's belief in  the Everlasting Gospel is quite literally [spiritually] unshakeable .

If you read fully and studied earnestly and really understood the Everlasting Gospel that Jesus taught , you would understand exactly what and why Paul sad the things he said , and you would understand my statement that you'll convert no REAL Christian .

. Only those Christians in name only who have never fully understood their own faith , are weak , and looking for something else are those who would even consider converting [reverting -your word] to Islam .  I can shoot down each and every of your refutes like ducks in a barrel , but I don't care to waste my time . Besides , just as your "prepared questions " , you are only willing to accept answers that agree with them .

I have no desire to see any Muslim convert to Christianity , nor do I feel any responsibility to tutor Muslims on Christian scriptures , I just find you entertaining in your utter misinterpretation of Paul . Your friends do no better at this for they follow down the same rabbit hole .

All I can tell you friend , is carry on , if it makes you feel better , I know you feel yourself on a mission of sorts .Many "religious " people feel the same way .

I wait for the " Great Irony "  when the non-believers and the religious discover that the mysteries of Life ,Death and Eternal Life had nothing to do with all the dogma ,and rules ,and traditions , myths , and all the suffering , sorrows and death they have caused.

A man is truly blessed if he learns this in life , but ALL will learn eventually , how simple and true the gospel of Jesus was , and how complicated the "religious " by their ego and basic retrobate minds have made it .  

Good Providence to you abu Ahmad .

There is a wealth of evidence that there were two Gospels.  Even if you reject your own gospel that testifies to it.

Galatians 1:6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ AND ARE TURNING TO A DIFFERENT GOSPEL 

GAL 1:12 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ. 

Paul preached a satan inspired 'crucified christ'  & the disciples preached the Gospel of Jesus

With today's internet no one can plead ignorance in Judgement day.  Here's just one lecture series -

Christian Origins - Paul & James (28 lectures about 30 hours)

That's right 30 hours of lectures on James, the brother of Jesus and the leader of the church after Jesus.

And there is plenty more for those who have ears.

And to think , you don't understand a single thing about it . Yet you're gonna lecture Christians. ? Islam has nothing to say about Paul .

And all you have to say is what your website or teachers who make their mission refuting Christianity say . You obviously do not understand therefore your sources of information do not understand .

By your post above , I can not find the words to describe your abject lack of understanding of what Paul was talking about  .

You say in your statement " Paul preached a satan inspired crucified Christ " ?    You have no idea of what Paul preached , and no idea of what you are saying .

You should not insult Christians with such statements , and it doesn't matter whether you said it or claim it to have been said by whatever your source . THAT IS AN INSULT >

I have received warnings on this board for less .

And to think , you don't understand a single thing about it . Yet you're gonna lecture Christians. ? Islam has nothing to say about Paul .

And all you have to say is what your website or teachers who make their mission refuting Christianity say . You obviously do not understand therefore your sources of information do not understand .

By your post above , I can not find the words to describe your abject lack of understanding of what Paul was talking about  .

You say in your statement " Paul preached a satan inspired crucified Christ " ?    You have no idea of what Paul preached , and no idea of what you are saying .

You should not insult Christians with such statements , and it doesn't matter whether you said it or claim it to have been said by whatever your source . THAT IS AN INSULT >

I have received warnings on this board for less .

What a blind fool you are.  It is you who has no idea about Paul.   The lecturer posted above is Professor Robert Eisenman.  An esteemed professor in middle east religions.  Here is his website listing his books & lectures.  

http://roberteisenman.com/

And there are plenty more 'judeo-christian' professors of religion who concur that the christianity of today is Paul's concoction.  Your faith is NOT that Jesus is the son of god or God himself.  Your faith is that Paul received revelation from GOD just like Moses.  Yet you avoid calling him a prophet.  Why is that?

This is my source that Paul is inspired by Satan:

JESUS said to them " I SAW SATAN FALL, LIKE LIGHTNING, FROM HEAVEN" 
(Luke 10:18) 

"So the great DRAGON was cast out FROM HEAVEN, that SERPENT of old called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; HE WAS CAST TO THE EARTH AND HIS ANGELS WERE CAST OUT WITH HIM " 
(Revelation 12:9. Matthew 13:39) 

" As SAUL journeyed he came near Damascus and suddenly A LIGHT FROM HEAVEN (LIGHTNING) shone around him and he fell to the ground" 
(Acts 9:3,4) 

" there fell from SAUL'S eyes something like SCALES (of the SERPENT)
(Acts 9:18) 
Edited by abu Ahmad

abu ahmad , I have never seen such a BLATANT CONFUSED MISUNDERSTANDING and MISREPRESENTATION OF THE CHRISTIAN SCRIPTURES  like you just blurted out .

You have not got a clue as to what you are talking about , and I don't care what " professor " you claim to quote . I would even go so far as to say that you don't even know what he [ the professor ] was talking about . For he would not even blurt out such an obvious misrepresentation of the Christian scriptures .

What you are attempting is laughable at best , you are taking different verses from different chapters and assigning your own meaning as to what they are saying .

If you can not see why I say Paul is not a prophet , then you haven't read the Christian Book , nor do you understand any of it . Paul prophesized nothing , Paul preached the Everlasting Gospel of Jesus . Paul was a persecutor of Christians until he was struck down off his horse and Jesus spoke to him and asked " Saul why doest thou persecute me " - Paul was blinded and was instructed on who to go to and what to do , and then , after a time  ,  the "scales " fell off his eyes and he could see again , but now as a believer of the Everlasting Gospel . Nowhere is it stated that Paul is a prophet , or is to be a prophet  .

THAT is what the Christian book says , not the nonsense your professor is spouting . Luke 10:18 has nothing whatsoever to do with Paul - how did you determine that it does ????

Nor Does Rev.12:9 have anything at all to do with Paul . What are you attempting here ?    Anyone who has ever read the Christian book know s this , but you have not read it , have you ?

You are in no position to make any comment on Paul , for you know nothing of what he said nor do you understand anything of what he said . If you did , then you would have never made such comments as the ones you just posted . Nor could you possibly connect those different verses in reference to  Paul .

abu Amad , I am not mocking , I am stating FACT .  What YOU have done is to make a MOCKERY of Christian scriptures . A prophet prophesizes . Paul did not , your definition of prophet is irrelevant . No where in the Christian book is Paul referred to as prophet .

As I said , I have never seen such a gross misunderstanding displayed  such as what you have posted . The links you found support NOTHING .  You are attempting an argument on a subject that you have not bothered to study , but you will come here and refute ?

You have totally misunderstood every issue you have brought up .

I suggest you actually read the Christian scriptures , and refrain from your refutation of things you have not read in total , and obviously have no understanding of .

Your conclusions are so convoluted and  confused that they would be comical if they did not border on INSULT .

Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.

Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment. Qur'an 2:6-7

abu Amad , I am not mocking , I am stating FACT .  What YOU have done is to make a MOCKERY of Christian scriptures . A prophet prophesizes . Paul did not , your definition of prophet is irrelevant . No where in the Christian book is Paul referred to as prophet .

As I said , I have never seen such a gross misunderstanding displayed  such as what you have posted . The links you found support NOTHING .  You are attempting an argument on a subject that you have not bothered to study , but you will come here and refute ?

You have totally misunderstood every issue you have brought up .

I suggest you actually read the Christian scriptures , and refrain from your refutation of things you have not read in total , and obviously have no understanding of .

Your conclusions are so convoluted and  confused that they would be comical if they did not border on INSULT .

I think you are definitely sealed.  Those dfefinitions are from Christian sources. And what's this you say?   "A prophet prophesizes . Paul did not".

2 Thessalonians 2:8

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming. 

Is that not End-Time Bible Prophecy from the mouth of your Paul?

So now we have indeed established under your own criteria that Paul is a Prophet. 

All of the apostles possessed knowledge imparted them by Jesus himself , Paul included , yet none are referred to as prophets . Not even John , who wrote the book of revelations . In fact the correct title of " Revelations " is The Revelation of Jesus to John / The Revelation of John the Apostle  . However what Paul said about Christ defeating Satan was already written in the Jewish Book , Genesis 3 :15 .

Yet neither Paul , John or ANY of the Apostles have ever been referred to as " prophet "  . 

But aside from this word game on the word prophet , what is your authority or background to make the statements you have made previously regarding Paul ????

You more or less proved your lack of understanding in a previous post , so much so as I have never seen such as that . Just what is your point  ?  Paul preached the Gospel of Jesus to the Gentile Nations . He died a martyr in Rome .

If you wish to detract from his life or works , just say it instead of your present tactic , which basically is woefully out of sorts and falls flat on it's face . So what is your gripe about Paul ?