Islamic Forum

For over a year Muslims have faced vast persecution at the hands of the regime of Burma and yet this does not make mainstream media. Does anyone from Europe or the U.S. find this peculiar?  Why are there faces of the suffering children of Africa and nothing about the suffering population of Palestine or the genocide in Burma? 

I would like to say there is something you can do, and organizations like CAIR have a link where you can contact congress and they will pass some kind of resolution to help these people.  But, lets be real here if the story is not in the mainstream it ain't going to make any real difference because at the end of the day the true concern of politicians is public appearance and money.  So, why even bring this up? 

This thread has been started to discuss this topic, to help make this story more well known among the general populace and to show the one sided biased of mainstream media from a fresh perspective.  The buried Palestinian story is well known among most, the general populace will not care about that story until they remove the blinders and see israel for what it has become instead of what they want it to be.  With Burma we have a totally different story. 

PropellerAds

I can see no one wants to discuss the persecution of Muslims by radicals of other religions.  Of course, this has nothing to do with the fact that lots of attention is focused on Muslim extremism while groups like the English Defense League remain out of the discussion despite their call to reinstate the use of the swatsika.

I can see no one wants to discuss the persecution of Muslims by radicals of other religions.  Of course, this has nothing to do with the fact that lots of attention is focused on Muslim extremism while groups like the English Defense League remain out of the discussion despite their call to reinstate the use of the swatsika.

The situation in Burma is regularly reported in the broadsheets in the UK.

The EDL is not in the news so much because they have little support and have become even more marginalised since co-founders Tommy Robinson and Kevin Carroll left and started working with the Quilliam Foundation, and anti-extremist think-tank founded by Muslims. I am unaware of "their call to reinstate the use of the swatsika" and could find no reference to this. I have found pictures of their members burning a swastika though.

I will see if I can't find some way to get the link for you on the swatsika.  The situation in Burma is barely covered at all here in the states

I will see if I can't find some way to get the link for you on the swatsika.  The situation in Burma is barely covered at all here in the states

Having lived in the States (Virginia) I am well aware of the difference between US and UK when it comes to reporting foreign news. On the home page of today's Guardian there are 13 domestic and 20 foreign stories (not including sport). Not sure why there is such a difference, throwback to the days of Empire? HIstory and the proximity of so many other countries? The way geography is taught ay school? (Reminds me of the Ambrose Bierce quote "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography")