Islamic Forum
Wahidian

Caliphate Comments?

PropellerAds

I appreciate the fact that mainstream Islam has rejected Bagdadi  . The article espouses that such widespread rejection should dissuade his followers ./ I hope so .

This from Mosul :

Bagdadi has sent a warning to all Christians in Mosul  - convert , pay jizzra to Sharia Courts , or the sword . He then gave Christians a deadline to be out of the city , or die by the sword .

I appreciate the fact that mainstream Islam has rejected Bagdadi  . The article espouses that such widespread rejection should dissuade his followers ./ I hope so .

This from Mosul :

Bagdadi has sent a warning to all Christians in Mosul  - convert , pay jizzra to Sharia Courts , or the sword . He then gave Christians a deadline to be out of the city , or die by the sword .

I think a direct link would more helpful than your own interpretations.

Regards,

Wh

What do you mean by a direct link ?  Are you saying the reports are erroneous ? Google this issue , the reports are coming from Bagdad where Christians and Muslims  are offering support for those Christians in Mosul . There are reports of this in every major news organization .

If they are wrong , please specify in which way they have reported incorrectly . Or if you have the correct information , I would appreciate any clarification you have to put forth .

These are not my interpretations , this is what is being reported  from Iraq and worldwide .

I would like to believe they are not true . And I would welcome any information contradicting these reports .

Edited by Aligarr

What do you mean by a direct link ?  Are you saying the reports are erroneous ? Google this issue , the reports are coming from Bagdad where Christians and Muslims  are offering support for those Christians in Mosul . There are reports of this in every major news organization .

If they are wrong , please specify in which way they have reported incorrectly . Or if you have the correct information , I would appreciate any clarification you have to put forth .

These are not my interpretations , this is what is being reported  from Iraq and worldwide .

I would like to believe they are not true . And I would welcome any information contradicting these reports .

What I would find helpful would be links to the specific news agencies involved. Not simply what you say is being reported from 'Iraq and worldwide'

Thanks,

Wahid

Wahid , we ALL have the same capability of searching and crosschecking news articles , and there are many sources . May  I suggest you NOT depend on anyone's cherry-picked links , and do earnest investigation on your own . A posted link is nothing more than a news article which is copied and pasted by the poster .

The truth is out there , and all that is required to find it is , earnest and honest investigation . Links in an of themselves are meaningless and can be used for any agenda , if one is to believe any particular information in a preferred link . I therefore highly recommend , that you do proper research before coming to any conclusion about anything . I have done the research from as many as 20 different sources both in the West and the East , and I have concluded  the story is true .

Unfortunately I have found no contradictory evidence that ISIS is not doing what has been reported regarding the Christians in Mosul .I have in fact crosschecked your posted link , and yes it is TRUE that most of the Muslim world rejects the means by which ISIS is attempting to claim a Calipha . That however does not contradict the facts that they are indeed pursuing that and the means by which they are attempting to do it .

Perhaps you would post a link contradicting these stories regarding the Christians of Mosul . I would gladly research it thoroughly , and in the hope to conclude that those actions by ISIS are indeed not true .

Aligarr: this is just tit-for tat.

To anyone who wants to make a point, ask questions or make statements etc regarding specific news reports, it is surely not only polite but common sense to identify the exact source(s) of the information.

Otherwise it is not really possible to relate directly to what the other person is actually saying.

Doesn't this make sense to you?

Regards,

Wahid

Again , do your own research Wahid . The link you posted says nothing about whether or not what ISIS is doing . It is a link referring to reaction of many muslims regarding the issue .

This is not tit-for-tat , it is simply encouraging you to do what any reasonable person seeking information would do .And that is to investigate using the resources commonly available to all .

Would you prefer it if I said Reuters ,API , Al Jazeera , CNN , etc ?

Do you have access to Google ?  If so , simply Google ISIS and Mosul , and you will have before you a host of news organizations that have reported on this issue .

If you choose to turn your head away from these resources , then you have no valid excuse to criticize my method or question whether or not I am being "polite " . It is totally an objective endeavor and politeness has nothing to do with anything .  Go see for yourself what is going on . I see no need nor do I feel compelled to cite exact news sources , when the same are easily available to you .  If you found the link you opened the thread with on the internet [which you most certainly did ] then you can find any number of links [ or exact sources as you call them ] providing information on exactly what ISIS is doing in Mosul .

If you can not or will not be willing to do that , then I see no reason to argue the issue with you . None of us live in a vacuum Wahid , and it really is our responsibility to ferret out disinformation from the correct information , and I have no doubts as to your ability to do that . This is how we all reach our conclusions .

peace / Aligarr

I agree with you that this is not a question of being 'Polite'. That is now blatantly self evident.

So, If anyone should choose to report any kind of 'so called' facts or other information purporting to emanate from any unnamed source, be it a news agency or simply idle gossip then, in your view it is quite reasonable to thence proceed to discuss this 'information' or 'facts' as if they are self-evidently correct.

But since you obviously have no interest in either comment nor observation and persistently tell me to "Do my own research", I'm afraid I can't really see the point of belonging to a forum such as this one.

Goodbye,

w

I suggest you expand your horizons , and not take objective news facts as personal affronts .I see you are infact limiting your own experience and thus in denial of what is happening in the world around you .

This leaves you with a highly biased and limited world view .

I see my attempt at exposing you to common sense and suggesting earnest investigation has angered you . I can't help that , that is the way you think . And only you can change that .

Today the same ISIS group that has expelled Christians in Mosul , have burned down Mosul's oldest Christian Church . Since you put some much value on " links " then go an find one that contradicts anything I have said .

You are in denial , sorry that the world does not do as you say or think .

Adios .

Edited by Aligarr

That's no points to you then.

See forum rule 14:

• Quoting article/poem/story without mentioning source/author > 0 points

Wahid

LOL...Points ???

Are you playing a child's game of words , all because you choose not to look beyond your own point of view at what is happening in the world .  

First off- I DID NOT QUOTE ANYONE OR ANYTHING / Secondly , I told you of numerous news agencies [and named several] and their reports as to what is happening in Mosul .

Now if you do not like to hear truth about the negative activity of radical Fundamentalists  , then just say so . The truth of the matter is that it bothers you and perhaps you have sympathy for ISIS .  I'm sure you are not alone , however that is of no concern to me .

I merely stated what ISIS is doing to Christians in Mosul . Close your eyes to it if that's what you choose .

So you disagree with the Forums rules? And then find it funny?

You say: "First off- I DID NOT QUOTE ANYONE OR ANYTHING" - Exactly, that is the problem!

You say: " Would you prefer it if I said Reuters ,API , Al Jazeera , CNN , etc ?"

and this is the nearest you have come to naming any agencies which might mention your topics of interest..

I am referring to the rules here, which you don't appear to have any comprehension or respect for.

This has nothing to do with my , or anyone else's views on specific subjects.

I suggest that you please don't try and squirm any more.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with my views on ISIS or any other groups.

God help us ...

wahid

Wahid , you behave like a child . You are simply annoyed that I brought up an issue that you have a problem accepting .

What was your purpose for opening the thread ? Were you looking for approval of ISIS actions ?  Or were you just looking for an argument ? Since you opened the thread on this subject and issue , you should have been pre[pared with the information related to it . Do you only know what someone else cuts and pastes as a link ???

Stop with your silly game , quoting rules and points etc . I said that ISIS , was driving Christians out of Mosul , giving them the choice to convert , pay jizzra or the sword . .

TRUE OR FALSE WAHID  ?

All the major news organizations have reported that this is in fact what is happening .Are they all lying Wahid ?

YES OR NO ?

If you would like to refute it , then by  all means provide contradictory evidence and give a valid refute .

YOU are the one who is squirming . That much is obvious .  Do you need a link to believe ISIS exists ? Or do you know about ISIS by widely available information which is freely accessible  to all ?

Go to Google/ Al Jezeera /Mosul  - don't take my word for it .

Edited by Aligarr

Today , the situation in Iraq worsens . ISIS has taken control of the Mosul Dam , and they are driving Yazidi Christians out of the City of Sinjar and remaining Christians in Mosul  into the mountains threatening them to convert or die .The Yazidi Christians are claiming that ISIS has slaughtered hundreds of the Yazidi , and many children are dying of thirst.

The US is now considering some kind of military action against the ISIS terrorists , in order to aid the Yazidi who have no food or water .

These reports are coming from -CNN , UK Independent ,  Wall Street Journal , Daily Mirror U.K. and Rueters .

Edited by Aligarr