Islamic Forum
barishtdk

Why Should I Follow Religion?

Hello. I was a muslim all my life and though I did not follow it that well but everyone around me did. However as I grew up I never read the Quran or Hadith's. I only knew what my family, relatives and Imams told me. But for the last few years I have been having doubts on whether or not if all of this is true. Hence since my parents passed away when I was little I could not find the answers nor did I care. Ultimately I became an atheist but everyone around me is a muslim so its very difficult for me live my life that way. 

So for the past couple of months I wanted to know for myself the true facts and rules of Islam. Therefore I read the English Translation of the Quran and all of the Hadiths. In my Conclusion I wasn't able to become a believer due to certain facts, truths and moral present in these holy texts. Some of which are not possible and simply outrageous. 

Now I don't want to fight or cause any trouble here. I just want to know from the muslim community about what you think about these facts. I noted down the things that I thought was confusing but evidently I found a more organized site for the things I was noting down. 

Please visit the following sites and read the problems associated so someone can explain to me whats really going on 

Thank You 

Edit by admin: anti-Islamic  links removed - violation of forum rules.

PropellerAds

Hahahah if you are using wiki Islam as a source then it's hardly surprising your lost. Now I'm not the best Muslim out there and some of my thoughts are certainly going to get me in hell however I genuinely feel you are here to troll and nothing else. Sorry bud. I usually have a lot of respect for atheists but when they come up with links to bigotry websites then they loose all credibility.

Dear Barish

Please read our forum rules. Its not allowed to post anti-Islamic links in this forum. Those sites are designed to twist the facts and promote lies against Islam.

If you have doubts regarding Islam, read credible sources, or tell us and we will gladly help you understand.

• Like 1

Please post the content only, we will try make our reply.

God created man, Man created religion.

[at]Tunisia:

Can I ask You two questions:

• Why Allah (God) created man. (In our belief, is for worshiping Him).
  • How can you prove that man created religion. There is no  proof for this.

Thanks. 

[at]Tunisia:

Can I ask You two questions:

• Why Allah (God) created man. (In our belief, is for worshiping Him).
  • How can you prove that man created religion. There is no proof for this.
Thanks.
Why God created mankind? I believe for His pleasure. The Bible says all things were created by Him (God) and for Him (God) Being created for God’s pleasure does not mean humanity was made to entertain God or provide Him with amusement. God is a creative Being, and it gives Him pleasure to create. God is a personal Being, and it gives Him pleasure to have other beings He can have a genuine relationship with, that's us. The Bible also says that we are made in the image and likeness of God. So we have the ability to know God, worship Him and serve Him and have fellowship with Him. We were not created because God needs us or our worship. God needs nothing. God would exist if we were not here. . God would still be God because He is unchanging. We offer worship out of love for what God has given us in this life and what He has promised us in eternity. :)

What I mean by men made religion. IMHO. Religion per se has nothing to do with having faith in God. People follow different religions yet still love and worship the same one God. Religion is like a set of rules that mankind, according to their different understandings of what God has revealed to them set down for people to follow in the understanding that it's Gods will. Well, I believe we all have an inbuilt moral code from God that we intrinsically know what is right and wrong. Atheists who have no belief in a creator as people of faith do yet have the same intrinsic moral values of the right way to interact with one another. They do not follow a religion to know that. The dangers in all religions is an over reliance on "rules" and "laws" that do not have much to do with spiritual understanding of God, but are mankind's belief what's required by God.

It's not hard, God just wishes us to love one another as we love Him. To live in Peace and reflect His divine goodness in our everyday lives. At least that's my take on it. Others may have a different view. Hope it addresses your questions. :)

Edited by Tunisia

I agree with You friend Tunisia that people have different views. But, they don't worship the same God. In Islam, we believe that there is one God (Allah) who created the universe and must be worshiped alone without a partner.  In other religions this is different.

Allah says in Quran: Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allah, and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allah. Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims." 

On the other hand, people who did good acts must be rewarded and others who did evil must be punished. Thus,  there is a day of judgement. Because, in this live, we can see for example that good people may have disasters and may be killed. If he has patience, he can have reward in other live.

Sincerely.