Islamic Forum
kometa2

Crucifiction Of Jesus

In modern scholarship, the baptism of Jesus and his crucifixion are considered to be two historically certain facts about Jesus.For example, James Dunn
states that these "two facts in the life of Jesus command almost universal assent" and "rank so high on the 'almost impossible to doubt or deny' scale of historical facts" that they are often the starting points for the study of the historical Jesus. Bart Ehrman states that the crucifixion of Jesus on the orders of Pontius Pilate is the most certain element about him.John Dominic Crossan states that the crucifixion of Jesus is as certain as any historical fact can be.Eddy and Boyd state that it is now "firmly established" that there is non-Christian confirmation of the crucifixion of Jesus.Craig Blomberg states that most scholars in the third quest for the historical Jesus consider the crucifixion indisputable.Christopher M. Tuckett states that, although the exact reasons for the death of Jesus are hard to determine, one of the indisputable facts about him is that he was crucified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crucifixion_of_Jesus

PropellerAds

Muslims believe that Jesus was not crucified. It was the plan of Jesus’ enemies to crucify him, but God saved him and raised him up to Him. And the likeness of Jesus was put over another man. Jesus’ enemies took this man and crucified him, thinking that he was Jesus. God has said:

...They said, “We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God.” They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the likeness of him was put on another man (and they killed that man)... (Quran, 4:157)

Read also:

http://www.missionislam.com/comprel/jesuscrucified.htm

http://www.gawaher.com/topic/741407-the-crucifixion-tale-contradictions-and-problems/

There never was any other Jesus recorded in thehistory of the world but the Jesus who raised the dead, who was born from Mary, who healed the sick and walked on the water. That Jesus is recorded in the Bible and that Jesus lived a holy pure life and never lied and never sinned and He said that He came to die on the cross. There were many witnesses to His death, including His beloved apostle John and His own mother.

So nobody can then lie and deny that Jesus never died on the cross.

History proves Jesus died on the cross.

Jesus said He came to die on the cross.

The old testament prophecies said Jesus will die on the cross.

Jesus said He came to die on the cross.

He didn't say that at all.

Jesus Christ, born of the Virgin Mary, performed miracles and invited the israelites to the same message of submission (Islaam), as did all of the prophets who preceded him. He was not God, nor was he the ‘Son of God’, but was the Messiah, an illustrious prophet of God. Jesus did not invite people to worship himself; rather, he called them to worship God, and he himself worshipped God. He confirmed the laws of the Torah which Prophet Moses taught; he lived by them, and instructed his disciples to follow them to the finest detail.

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/truejesus.htm

EVIDENCE FROM THE BIBLE THAT JESUS WAS CRUCIFIED AND DIED

JESUS
PREDICTED HIS OWN CRUCIFIXION AND DEATH.

Jesus was not afraid to die. In
fact, He predicted His own death and resurrection

Matthew
16:21 - From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must
go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief
priests, and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third
day be raised to life.

Luke 18:31,32 - Jesus took the twelve aside and told them,
'We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets
about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. He will be handed over to the Gentiles,
they will mock him, insult him, spit on him, flog him, and kill him. On the
third day he will rise again.'

John 12:30-32 - This voice was for your benefit, not mine.
Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will
be driven out. But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to
myself". He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

JESUS WILLINGLY WENT TO THE CROSS

Matthew 26:53 - "Do you not think I cannot call on my
Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more that twelve legions of
angels? But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen
in this way?"

Matthew 26:39 - "My Father, if it is possible, may
this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

John 10:18 - "No man takes it (his life) from me, but
I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority
to take it up again. This command I received from my Father".

THE
NEW TESTAMENT DESCRIBES JESUS' CRUCIFIXION AND DEATH.

Matthew
27:32-50, (vs 35) - When they had crucified him, they divided up his clothes by
casting lots.

(vs 50)
- And when Jesus had cried again with a loud voice he gave up his spirit.

Luke
23:26-46, (vs 33) - When they came to the place called the Skull, there they
crucified him, along with the criminals - one on his right, the other on his
left.

(vs 46) - Jesus called out with a loud voice,
"Father, into your hands I commit my spirit". When he had said this,
he breathed his last.

John
19:17-30 (vs 18) - Here they crucified him, and with him two others - one on
each side, and Jesus in the middle.

(vs 30)
- When he had received the drink, Jesus said "It is finished.” With that
he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

BIBLICAL WITNESSES TO JESUS' CRUCIFIXION AND DEATH

Matthew 27:54-56 - When the centurion and those with him
who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were
terrified and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God." Many women
were there watching from a distance... among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the
mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's sons.

John
19:26 - When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved
standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your
son", and to the disciple, "Here is your mother."

THE TESTIMONY CONCERNING THE CRUCIFIXION AFTER HIS
ASCENSION

Peter speaking to the crowd at the Jewish Temple:

Acts 2:23 - "This man was handed over to you by God's
set purpose and foreknowledge and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to
death by nailing him to the cross."

Paul speaking:

Acts
13:29 - When they had carried out all that was written about him, they took him
down from the tree and laid him in the tomb.

Instesd of fighting with FACTS and reality you need to face what Jesus said and ask Him to touch your life and manifest in your life. Jesus said I am the truth, there is no truth but in Jesus alone.

Ask God: Lord, please touch my life, transform my heart, convince my heart, manifest in my life and help e KNOW You, who YOU really are I want to know You, not base on words of others, but I want You to be reality in my life I open my heart to You.

God wants to manifest in your life more than you want it. He created you for personal relationship with Him.

facts facts facts

The Historical Evidence

#1. Eyewitness Sources

There are many evidences from which one can argue for the historicity of Christ’s death by crucifixion, of which I will use only a few.  The first evidence for Jesus’ crucifixion is from the testimony of
eyewitness sources.  Many Muslims do not believe there is eyewitness material in the accounts of the crucifixion of Jesus.  In fact, one Muslim claims that “Not a single one of the Christians was a witness with them [the Jews]. Rather the apostles kept a distance through fear, and not one of them witnessed the crucifixion.”

This argument is largely based upon Matthew 26:56 which says, “Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.” Though the disciples forsook Jesus, some of them were still witnesses from a
distance (Mark 14:54).  Also, there was an anonymous disciple whom Jesus, while on the cross, commanded to take care of Mary (John 19:26-27).  The Gospel of Luke reports that while Jesus was carrying the cross, “. .. there followed him a great company of people, and of women, which also bewailed and lamented him (Luke 23:27, emphasis mine).”  In addition to these people already mentioned the Gospels are scattered with references to Jewish leaders (Mt. 27:41; Mk. 15:31), Roman centurion (Mt. 27:54; Mk. 15:39; Lk. 23:47) and soldiers (Mt. 27:35; Mk. 15:24; Lk. 23:35; and John 19:18, 23) who all witnessed Jesus’ crucifixion.  For Muslims to argue that the crucifixion is not historical simply does not square with the historical data because there were multitudes of witnesses to the fact that the Romans crucified Jesus.

#2. Medical Evidence

In light of the eyewitness evidence from the gospels, there is strong medical evidence that confirms the historicity of Christ’s death as presented in the Gospels.  Before examining the medical evidence, as a general point the Romans knew how to crucify their victims.  To suppose that the Romans would have allowed Jesus to escape the cross, is nonsensical.  The Romans knew how to kill someone and they knew when someone was dead.   Concerning the specific medical evidence, the gospels report specific conditions that a crucified victim would have experienced.  First, in
Jesus’ pre-crucifixion experience in the Garden of Gethsemane, the Gospel of Luke reports that Jesus sweated “great drops of blood” (Luke 22:44).  According to Alexander Metherell an M.D. and Ph.D., “This is a known medical condition called hematidrosis.” He later acknowledges that tremendous stress like the kind that Jesus suffered could have produced this effect. 

Second, Jesus’ desire, while on the cross, to receive a drink confirms the fact that he likely was experiencing another known medical condition called hypovolemic shock, which would have been caused by his beating. According to Metherell, hypovolemic schock “. . . does four things. First, the heart races to try to pump blood that isn’t there; second, the blood pressure drops, causing fainting or collapse; third, the kidneys stop producing urine to maintain what volume is left; and fourth, the person becomes very thirsty as the body craves fluids to replace the lost blood volume.”

Third, the evidence from the spear thrust confirms the idea that Jesus did indeed die on the cross.  Concerning this Matherell states that hypovolemic shock causes a rapid heart beat which results in fluid around the heart called a pericardial effusion.  The Gospel of John testifies to this fact in John 19:34  which says, “. . . one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.” Metherell continues, “The spear apparently went through the right lung and into the heart, so when the spear was pulled out, some fluid – the pericardial effusion and the pleural effusion – came out.  This would have the appearance of a clear fluid like water.” Therefore, given the above specific medical evidence, the Journal of the American Medical Association is justified to conclude, “. . . interpretations based on the assumption that Jesus did not die on the cross appear to be at odds with modern medical knowledge.”

i am not saying an opinion but i just quoted to you what wikipedia says - that crucifixion is the histoircal even, it is a FACT of history, that it is recorded more than many less known but not  doubted historical names, that Jesus said He came to die on the cross and that the old testament prophecied about it. Allah ascribes to himself the authoriship of the Bible so the Bible was never changed so even Allah confirmes the Bible is true and the Bible says Jesus died on the cross.

Muhammad attests to the Torah's authority.  So, for Muslims to claim the Bible was corrupted is an argument already lost.... Sura 5:48 we are told that Muhammad is given the Qur'an as a confirmation of the bible; that is - it is meant to prove the bible's authenticity....In Sura 46:12 we are told.... "Yet
before it there was the Book of Moses which was an authority, and a mercy. This (the Qur'an) is the Book confirming it in the Arabic tongue....."

And most importantly of all: Jesus Himself said He died on the cross. Jesus who never lied or sinned.

http://www./s...esus-part2.aspx

http://www.ghanaweb....l.php?ID=306578

Nobody can deny what really happened then. Jesus died on the cross and was raised from the dead 600 years before Muhammad came. It was already recorded and witnessed by hundreds upon hundreds of witnesses.

• Like 1

Regardless of any spiritual beliefs , the historicity of a man named Yeshua ,[ Jesus -meaning Branch in Hebrew] a Gallilean Jew  was born between 7 - 4 B.C.E and was crucified and died between 30-36 C.E. , has been established .

It is also historically established and accepted by most scholars that he was baptized by John the Baptist , his crucifixion was ordered by the Roman Prefect Pontius Pilate during the reign of Tiberius .

The non-Christian non-biblical references are numerous and all state the same , Jesus  was crucified by order of Pontius Pilate and did in fact die .

References are by :

Flavius Josephus   -  Cornelius Tacitus  -Pliny the Younger -  Lucian [ of Samosate ] and   Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus

Because the Christians prayed to Jesus and believed they would physically live again after death , the Romans called this "an evil superstition " , thus began the Christian persecution by Rome , and the subsequent great fire of Rome was easily scapegoated upon the Christians , which led to greater persecution involving torture and killing of Christians in several numbers of ways . That much is Historical ,accepted Fact .

Edited by Aligarr

...They said, “We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God.” They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the likeness of him was put on another man (and they killed that man)... (Quran, 4:157)

Just one thing that puzzles me with the above from the Quran, who is speaking? Who is saying "We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God"

Not the Jews, because they did not believe Jesus was the Messiah, Not the Romans, as I doubt they cared who people thought Jesus was, they were carrying out orders. Also no one referred to Jesus as son of Mary, accept to insult Him. none of the above makes sense given what we know of historical proofs that show the crucifixion did happen. Besides which, biggest issue if you believe God put a likeness on another man who died in place of Jesus, then you have to believe that God was a deceiver!!! Who allowed someone to die as a substitute for Jesus, yet Islam claims it does not believe in substutionary sacrifice or death!

Regardless of any spiritual beliefs , the historicity of a man named Yeshua ,[ Jesus -meaning Branch in Hebrew] a Gallilean Jew  was born between 7 - 4 B.C.E and was crucified and died between 30-36 C.E. , has been established .

It is also historically established and accepted by most scholars that he was baptized by John the Baptist , his crucifixion was ordered by the Roman Prefect Pontius Pilate during the reign of Tiberius .

The non-Christian non-biblical references are numerous and all state the same , Jesus  was crucified by order of Pontius Pilate and did in fact die .

References are by :

Flavius Josephus   -  Cornelius Tacitus  -Pliny the Younger -  Lucian [ of Samosate ] and   Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus

Because the Christians prayed to Jesus and believed they would physically live again after death , the Romans called this "an evil superstition " , thus began the Christian persecution by Rome , and the subsequent great fire of Rome was easily scapegoated upon the Christians , which led to greater persecution involving torture and killing of Christians in several numbers of ways . That much is Historical ,accepted Fact .

Jesus in Hebrew means “God saves”. Nazareth in Hebrew means “Branch”.

I wouldn’t rely on the account of Josephus. Read what he

allegedly wrote about Jesus:

About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man, if

indeed one ought to call him a man. For he was one who performed surprising

deeds and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over

many Jews and many of the Greeks. He was the Messiah. And when, upon the accusation of the principal men

among us, Pilate had condemned him to a cross, those

who had first come to love him did not cease. He appeared to them spending a

third day restored to life, for the prophets of God had foretold these things

and a thousand other marvels about him. And the tribe of the Christians, so

called after him, has still to this day not disappeared.

Flavius Josephus: Antiquities of the

Jews, Book 18, Chapter 3

It’s unlikely a Jew would call Jesus the Messiah and not

convert to Christianity as in the case of Josephus…

Just one thing that puzzles me with the above from the Quran, who is speaking? Who is saying "We killed the Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of God"

Not the Jews, because they did not believe Jesus was the Messiah, Not the Romans, as I doubt they cared who people thought Jesus was, they were carrying out orders. Also no one referred to Jesus as son of Mary, accept to insult Him. none of the above makes sense given what we know of historical proofs that show the crucifixion did happen. Besides which, biggest issue if you believe God put a likeness on another man who died in place of Jesus, then you have to believe that God was a deceiver!!! Who allowed someone to die as a substitute for Jesus, yet Islam claims it does not believe in substutionary sacrifice or death!

It could be the Jews referring to Jesus as the “Messiah” sarcastically.

Muslims believe that Jesus was not crucified. It was the plan of Jesus’ enemies to crucify him, but God saved him and raised him up to Him. And the likeness of Jesus was put over another man. Jesus’ enemies took this man and crucified him, thinking that he was Jesus. God has said:

Read also:

http://www.missionislam.com/comprel/jesuscrucified.htm

http://www.gawaher.com/topic/741407-the-crucifixion-tale-contradictions-and-problems/

I continue to struggle with this situation. Forgive me for

saying this but because Allah placed a man looking like Jesus to be crucified

in his place. it has caused the worst possible scandal in the history of

humanity. There are currently over a billion Christians in the world and

according to Islam they have all been deceived by Allah’s scandal. Please help

me to understand how Muslims justify this?

The crucifixion of Jesus is an undeniable indisputable FACT of history. It happened long long before Muhammad came and Islam came. And on top of that JESUS Himself said He came to be crucified and to be raised from the dead. That settles the whole issue. On top of that over the head of Jesus hanging on the cross there was a sing: Jesus of Nazereth, the Kinf of the jews. On top of that the old testament prophecies precicted the crucifixion of Jesus. And on top of that many many historians recorded the fact of crucifixion of Jesus.

The life of Jesus was so important and His ministry  that the world started to be coumnted since the coming of Jesus. We date everything as to be BC - Before Christ or After Christ was born.

And on top of that Jesus never sinned and never lied.

And on top of that Jesus SPOKE to His own moither and His beloved apostle whom He knew for 3 years - when He was hanging on the cross.

So nobody can deny the crucifixion. It is a fact. Period. Islam came 600 years AFTER the crucifixion, when it already took place.

Jesus said I Am the TRUTH, which means all else is a lie. As simple as that....

Salaam Preacher,

There is much in this thread so forgive me if I touch on something that has already been said.

When Muslims speak of the Bible being corrupt are we not to understand that they are speaking about the Gospels? We know that there were many in circulation in the middle east, correct? When the Prophet (PBUH), was he speaking about those Gospels that where true and not those that were false?

Is it possible that you are building a strawman with your argument? Thank you.

Alaku'Asalaam

Muhammad attests to the Torah's authority.  So, for Muslims to claim the Bible was corrupted is an argument already lost.... Sura 5:48 we are told that Muhammad is given the Qur'an as a confirmation of the bible; that is - it is meant to prove the bible's authenticity....In Sura 46:12 we are told.... "Yet before it there was the Book of Moses which was an authority, and a mercy. This (the Qur'an) is the Book confirming it in the Arabic tongue.....".

Edited by kometa2

Allah ascrbes to himself the authorship of the Bible and Muhammad says the Bible is true and the Bible says Jesus died on the cross and was raised from the dead 3 dayes later.

such are facts.....

Preacher you are correct inasmuch as the meaning of the name , Jesus is spoken of by the prophets and referred to as "The Branch " or Branch .

As to the accounts of Josephus , given the whole body of his writings , one can conclude most assuredly, that  he did not consider Jesus ,as Messiah or as a Messiah , and was sarcastically referring to that term, as one used by his followers .

However that is not the issue being discussed , the issue is - was Jesus in fact crucified and died . The historical facts confirm that ,  that is the case , and Josephus is only one of several sources .  

It  therefore stands to reason , WHY , Muslims  , as well as Jews would deny the resurrection of Jesus , although Muslims claim he was not killed at all , while Jews agree he was in fact crucified and was killed but deny any resurrection occurred .For if either DID in fact believe in the Death and Resurrection of Jesus ....that would make them ..Christian , for the sole basis for the Christian Faith revolves around and has at it's center core belief , that Jesus was crucified , died and was resurrected .

Muhammad attests to the Torah's authority.  So, for Muslims to claim the Bible was corrupted is an argument already lost.... Sura 5:48 we are told that Muhammad is given the Qur'an as a confirmation of the bible; that is - it is meant to prove the bible's authenticity....In Sura 46:12 we are told.... "Yet before it there was the Book of Moses which was an authority, and a mercy. This (the Qur'an) is the Book confirming it in the Arabic tongue....."[/size].[/size]

What you say PROVE that you have absolutely no idea about the subject. ( I explained before that there is no reference in the quran whatsoever to the bible.

Here is the ayat that you didn't read:

5:48

Sahih International

And We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], the Book in truth, confirming that which preceded it of the Scripture and as a criterion over it. So judge between them by what Allah has revealed and do not follow their inclinations away from what has come to you of the truth. To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ.

Ibn Kathir quotes well known Qur'anic commentator Ibn Jarir Al Tabari as saying...

Ibn Jarir said, "The Qur'an is trustworthy over the Books that preceded it. Therefore, whatever in these previous Books conforms to the Qur'an is true, and whatever disagrees with the Qur'an is false.'' (Tafsir Ibn Kathir,You can also see Al Tabari saying this himself in his commentary on Surah 2:41)

Imam al-Tabari relates from the eminent Jurist Ibn Juraij (80-150 AH/699-767 CE) that if the people of the book quote something from their Bible that disagrees with the Qur'an then we reject it but if it agrees with the Qur'an then we accept it. Imam al-Bahgawi also quotes the opinion of Ibn Juraij in his commentary. (Tafsir Al Baghawi, 1/65)

The Qur'an is the protector of the Gospel and Torah. But which Gospel and Torah? It is the original revelations sent to Jesus and Moses (peace be upon them) both and whatever of it survives today (e.g. prophecies of Muhammad peace be upon him to come) in the scriptures of the Christians and Jews today.

So, what is meant here by the Gospel is the original revealed Book before it got corrupted and altered. And there is no way to judge by it except by conferring the Qur'an which is a protector over it; for it bears witness to what Allah has revealed in it and exposes what people falsely entered into and removed from it.

Other commentators have stated that if the Christians judge by the Gospel then they are in a way accepting the Prophecies of Muhammad peace be upon him in the Gospel, which in turn leads them to accepting Islam.

Surah 11:17

Prior to this (Quran), the book of Moses served as a guide, and was a blessing

Surah 46:12

Prior to this, the book of Moses was the guide and mercy. This book, (the Qur'an) is in the Arabic language and it confirms and validates (the book of Moses).

Ibn Kathir says in his commentary...

This means that before the Qur'an, there was the Book of Musa, the Tawrah.

(a guidance and a mercy) This means that Allah, the Exalted, revealed it to that Ummah as a leader for them and a guide for them to follow, as a mercy from Allah upon them. Therefore, whoever believed in it with true faith, then it would lead him to believe in the Qur'an as well. For this reason Allah said,

(they believe therein) Then Allah, the Exalted, threatens those who reject the Qur'an, or any part of it, by saying,

(but those of the sects that reject it, the Fire will be their promised meeting place.) This is directed towards everyone on the face of the earth who disbelieves in the Qur'an, whether they are idolators, disbelievers, People of the Scripture, or other sects from the descendants of Adam. (Tafsir Ibn Kathir, )

We see that the Torah was meant as a guide for the people of Prophet Moses's (peace be upon him) time. However, now it is the Qur'an, which is the guide that all mankind must follow..

http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/refuting_the_argument_regarding_the_qur_an_ordering_the_jews_and_christians_to_judge_by_their_scriptures

Salaam Preacher,

There is much in this thread so forgive me if I touch on something that has already been said.

When Muslims speak of the Bible being corrupt are we not to understand that they are speaking about the Gospels? We know that there were many in circulation in the middle east, correct? When the Prophet (PBUH), was he speaking about those Gospels that where true and not those that were false?

Is it possible that you are building a strawman with your argument? Thank you.

Alaku'Asalaam

The peace of Christ be with you.

Please bear in mind I’m a Christian. I’m merely suggesting

how Muslims would answer seeing we are in an Islamic Forum.

In regards to your questions, Muslims would answer one of

the following three ways:

1)     

The gospels written were authentic but later

were corrupt by unholy men.

2)     

There was another gospel written earlier than

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John but had been deliberately destroyed.

3)     

The Gospel was simply the words Jesus spoke. The

men that had transmitted it into writing deliberately distorted it.

It  therefore stands to reason , WHY , Muslims  , as well as Jews would deny the resurrection of Jesus

Because it would mean the end of their religion. No matter

what you or I say they will oppose it. The only way they will believe is by

converting to Christianity.

Well it matters not whether anyone converts , atleast  in the context of this discussion- the veracity of the crucifixion and death of Jesus .

Of course this an issue , if not  the main issue between the Three Great Religions . But your point is a valid one for if Jesus was resurrected , the Jews , believing that , would have recognized him as their Messiah , ergo Muslims would consider him more than just a prophet , and would not hold to the belief that his death was a deception .

Of the three, the Jews do not attempt to convert, whilst Christians and Muslims find the need to proselytize .All three have differing views of how life should be lived and how to view their fellow non-believers of other faiths .

If I understand the Christian faith correctly , it is through the Holy Spirit  alone that a man recognizes his Savior . Thus any attempt at conversion , is rendered moot .

I wouldn’t say moot. The Church’s teaching on this is very
clear (at least Catholic teaching).

Everyone, Christian or not is given the grace by the Holy
Spirit to recognise their saviour. A person must cooperate with the grace given
to him. In other words, the grace is there but man must use it out of his own
free will; God never forces anyone.

As I showed above no muslim CAN deny that the Bible is true and they CANNOT say that the Bible was corrupted becauseit is Allah himself and Muhammad who say the Bible is true.

And the Bible says Jesus died on the cross.

Even the most critical historian can confidently assert that a Jew named Jesus worked as a teacher and wonder-worker in Palestine during the reign of Tiberius, was executed by crucifixion under the prefect Pontius Pilate and continued to have followers after his death (Luke Timothy Johnson, The Real Jesus (San Francisco: Harper San Francisco, 1996), p. 123.

SO there is no point in denying the truth and the fact that Jesus did die on the cross. And not only that but He also was raised from the dead. And the Gospels and book of Acts
are eyewitness accounts of the life and death of Jesus. So if Jesus died on the cross and was raised fro the dead by His Father then why try to earn somethig that was given by Him for free?

Jesus alreay provided the free giftof salvation by His sacrifice on the cross instead of every human being. He died so that we can live, He suffered so that we can become children of God and be reconciled to the Father who is now our Father too! God is love and He draws us to Himself by His goodness!

The Bible was written over 600 years before Muhammad came. BEFORE! It was written by jewish prophets who had covenant with God. Only such were used by God. Plus, the Bible says that God FORBADE to add even a word to the completed message of the Bible (Rev 22:18)and completed work of Jesus. Jesus already fulfiled the WHOLE will of the Father. Now, we are all (those who receive salvation Jesus provided by His own death on the cross and resurrection) children of God, now we are prophets, kings and priests and we no longer need mediators since we have direct access to the throne of GOD! Even more! God almighty indwells our hearts by the Holy Spirit. He lives in us!

Can you now see it?  We have direct personal intimate relationship with God almighty who is now our Father. Jesus fulfilled the whole will of the Father. We already have it all! We are children of God, saved and reconciled to the Father. And nobody can add a word to what God already said in His Word.

On the cross Jesus said: IT IS FINISHED! He came to die. In His death and resurrection we have sonship, relationship with God, we are saved from hell and blessed with all heavenly blessings (ephesians 1:3).

nd on top of that: Jesus said: I am the truth. There is no truth but in Jesus alone. Jesus said: I am the life! Which means there is no life but in Jesus alone. Apart from Jesus there is only death...