Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ParadiseLost

Syrian Refugees

_78920731_syria_refugees_624_nov_2014_v2

It is a shame really that I couldn't find a map to show the numbers of Syrian refugees in America/Europe. The numbers are insignificant to the numbers being hosted in the countries above. The lands that talk about human rights and protecting victims of war, well that is all they do..talk talk talk, no action. The hypocrisy never fails to amaze me. 

PropellerAds

Assalamo alaikum

I guess its mainly because Syrians, mostly poor, cannot pay for a ticket overseas, so they flea to the nearest countries.

What is really shameful is that some neighboring countries do not welcome them enough. In Egypt, the government after the coup arrests some of them instead of helping and providing for them, and even threatens them to ship them back to Syria, where death awaits them.

I've read that Sweden welcomes them, and treats them more generously than we do in some supposedly Muslim states.

wa alaykum salaam 

you are right brother, it is a big shame for so called muslim countries that they are rejecting the very values of Islam by refusing these refugees. I didn't know that Egypt was threatening to send some back, that is very sad. It is a very difficult situation for the refugees indeed.