Islamic Forum
SaracenSoldier

The Islamic State

Paradise,

I know it must be tiring to be instructing non-Muslims, but what is Sharia law? Is it different between Muslim sects? How do different cultures affect Sharia law?

I have noticed that some Muslims view the hijab as mandatory, and others view it as optional.

In essence, what are the basic precepts of Sharia law, and how would these fit with secular law?

The reason I asked was because I was getting so much misinformation in my internet searches, and a lot of it was contradictory.

PropellerAds

Paradise,

In essence, what are the basic precepts of Sharia law, and how would these fit with secular law?

The law of man is to be subject to The Law of God.

The first of the precepts is that none is to be recognized as a god besides Almighty God who is the Creator of the heavens and the earth and all between.

The rest is to be found in the Quran and Sunnah, and all interpretarions must be based on them.

The ruling on hijab is compulsory amongst non-mahrams. There is no difference of opinion on the matter as can be understood from the hadith regarding asma bint abu bakr.

The ruling on niqab however is subject to interpretation and personal choice in that a female should be allowed to wear it if they choose to unless making the circuit around the ka'bah, it is recommended especially in situations of fitnah.

A guardian such as a mother, father or brother may require it since they have the responsibility of protection and are required to assess the situation with the interests of the ward in good faith.

A husband may require the niqab, the marriage may not be harmonious and even damaging if there is a feeling of fitnah.

Anyway, those aren't the only reasons and there's a whole science on the issue and cannot be elaborated in one post.

Narrated: Abu Huraira:

I heard the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, say:

"Avoid that which I forbid you to do and do that which I command you to do to the best of your capacity.

Verily the people before you were destroyed only because of their excessive questioning and their disagreement with their Prophets."

[Al-Bukhari & Muslim]

Edited by abz2000

Unbelievable stuff happening in Iraq. About 30,000 Iraqi and Iranian troops backed by Shia militia launched an assault on Saddam Hussains hometown of Tikirt about a week ago. They have so far lost about 6000 men and the offensive has stalled. 30,000 men are apparently waiting for more reinforcements. According to news figures the Islamic State has a garrison force in Tikrit of about 2000 or so. 

https://twitter.com/Steford_ford/status/576494250940096512

Paradise,

I know it must be tiring to be instructing non-Muslims, but what is Sharia law? Is it different between Muslim sects? How do different cultures affect Sharia law?

I have noticed that some Muslims view the hijab as mandatory, and others view it as optional.

The reason I asked was because I was getting so much misinformation in my internet searches, and a lot of it was contradictory.

Well what is sharia law is a very broad topic Gnosis. It would be difficult to discuss it in one reply. As you can imagine there are many books on sharia law and like other laws there are sections such as family law, the economy etc. Dress code is just a small section. Plus I cannot say I am an expert in sharia law, I just do my best to educate myself by learning more. But there are people who study this as a subject for many many years. 

There are schools of thought within Islamic thought which take the culture into account when discussing the implementation of the law. If you look across the Muslim world you will find in some countries most women only cover their hair while in other countries most cover their faces. So sometimes you do have to take culture into account. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) also took this into account. For example some things he changed slowly over years because he knew that the people were not ready to change so suddenly and that if this change were implemented completely in full maybe people would become more stubborn about changing. 

Most scholars in Islamic thought agree that hijab includes covering the hair. Some argue that it includes the face and hands. So yes there are different opinions surely. But in general the majority agree on the hair. But of course hijab is not just about a hair or face covering. It is also a concept of modesty. Like some women cover their hair but maybe they wear really tight and revealing clothes so it defeats the purpose. It is also about the way one talks and one walks. Men also are subject to rulings on how they dress, walk and talk too. That may seem quite controlling from an outside perspective. It annoys people that a law could advise people how to talk but really it is about bringing harmony to society. I am sure there are times you can think of when that one loud person on the bus or in a cafe just annoyed you. 

I don't understand your question about how it fits with secular law? The point of implementing Islamic law is to get rid of the secular law. Perhaps if you want to discuss hijab, niqab or modesty in Islam more you can start a new thread or I am sure there are older ones if you use the search function. 

Well what is sharia law is a very broad topic Gnosis. It would be difficult to discuss it in one reply. As you can imagine there are many books on sharia law and like other laws there are sections such as family law, the economy etc. Dress code is just a small section. Plus I cannot say I am an expert in sharia law, I just do my best to educate myself by learning more. But there are people who study this as a subject for many many years.

There are schools of thought within Islamic thought which take the culture into account when discussing the implementation of the law. If you look across the Muslim world you will find in some countries most women only cover their hair while in other countries most cover their faces. So sometimes you do have to take culture into account. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) also took this into account. For example some things he changed slowly over years because he knew that the people were not ready to change so suddenly and that if this change were implemented completely in full maybe people would become more stubborn about changing.

Most scholars in Islamic thought agree that hijab includes covering the hair. Some argue that it includes the face and hands. So yes there are different opinions surely. But in general the majority agree on the hair. But of course hijab is not just about a hair or face covering. It is also a concept of modesty. Like some women cover their hair but maybe they wear really tight and revealing clothes so it defeats the purpose. It is also about the way one talks and one walks. Men also are subject to rulings on how they dress, walk and talk too. That may seem quite controlling from an outside perspective. It annoys people that a law could advise people how to talk but really it is about bringing harmony to society. I am sure there are times you can think of when that one loud person on the bus or in a cafe just annoyed you.

I don't understand your question about how it fits with secular law? The point of implementing Islamic law is to get rid of the secular law. Perhaps if you want to discuss hijab, niqab or modesty in Islam more you can start a new thread or I am sure there are older ones if you use the search function.

Actually, that did answer my question. I wasn't interested in the specifics, just a broad view of the relationship of Sharia law, Culture, and Secular law.

Thank you.

I only asked, within the thread, because other posters had mentioned it within their posts.

Edited by Gnosis

Saracen Soldier , I don't know if you are familiar with  the American politics scene , but Rick Santorum  has a credibility factor of nearly zero . He has no chance of even getting a nomination in the upcoming election .  I doubt if he really knows what a caliphate is .

In as much as  ISIS is concerned , a caliphate is a reign by a caliph over a particular territory . The territory that is truly under ISIS control , qualifying as a caliphate is limited to a few cities , and is arguable as ISIS is being challenged at each stronghold . Tikrit will fall , and your numbers on the allied group's casualties in that battle are no where near the figure you stated of 6000 . Tikrit is in effect cut off , and once that is complete Mosul will fall .

I have no ide of what will finally be the end situation in Iraq , but Iraq will not be ruled by ISIS ,  and as for Syria , it looks like Assad will win eventually . Unfortunately he will kill many more Syrians in the process . The U.S. will put no boots on the ground ,nor will it supply weapons to questionable parties operating there ,  so the rebels have little chance of prevailing over Assad's forces . ISIS will not be successful in Syria , it is only a matter of time , no matter how many jihadis they recruit . Regional forces are beginning to coalesce and that is the worst outcome for ISIS . They have managed to offend everyone and have burned all their bridges .

ISIS / DAESH 's days are now numbered . Such evil will never prevail . They will eat themselves and then their enemies will eat them .

• Like 1

Asslamu Aliakum

I don't know much about the Islamic State. I just hear conflicting information about it. 

You don't know ?  or you don't want to know . There is certainly an abundance of information regarding DAESH / ISIS / Islamic State .

Predictably  DAESH is now eating it's own , and their enemies are beginning to eat DAESH .

I find it amusing that some people refer to Islamic State as evil and yet they forget the crimes committed by Shia militias, Assad forces, Russians, etc......Are you all aware that Assad has cut off water to Damascus??

Did you all forget that muslim women were killing themselves in Aleppo rather than being caught by Assad's forces, Iraqi militias, hizballah, Iranian militias? 

You find it amusing mgharaibeh ?   I would imagine you would . You are no doubt a sympathizer of DAESH . Well ,who will you cheer for once DAESH is vanquished ?  And you know they will be vanquished , their vile leader liquidated . Your hatred of Shia overcomes your common sense AND your sense of humanity .   You bring up the sins of the one while excusing the sins of the other . I do not favor Assad , nor did I favor his father , as both are murderers of their own people .  But I also do not favor the groups fighting against Assad as they are butchers ,rapists and murderers also .  The WORST of which is DAESH - [ your heroes ].

Do you overlook what Pakistanis are doing to Shia ?  You are enemies to one another , but DAESH is enemy to all , yet you favor them due to their Sunni background .  I don't find that amusing , or even curious , I find it pathetically sickening . But that is on your soul , not mine .

• Like 1

Well , as I had predicted some time ago , DAESH is in the twilight of it's existence  .There will be no Islamic State , there will be no Caliphate .There will be a lot of dead DAESH psychopaths . And they are determined to disgrace themselves yet even more profoundly, in their death throes ,as they butcher innocent civilians . Killing for the sake of killing . Yes they will go down in wretched , shameless , cowardly ,disgrace . There will be no reward of paradise for people such as these . Only hell fire awaits them .These people are not of God , they never were . All those that have followed them have been led down the road to perdition . And that due to their own ignorance and corrupted hearts .For only a corrupted heart would ever follow such a cruel , bloodthirsty , merciless , bunch of savages . Can any sane person imagine that God would approve their behavior ??

Edited by ECLIPSE
  • Like 1

I agree with you Eclipse. Daesh must have secured their place in hellfire. What they do has nothing to do with Islam. They are the work of the devil, the zionists, as an excuse to occupy and control Muslim nations.

By the way, speaking of God and hell. Did you become a believer?

I disagree with who and what you think DAESH is . And BTW I have been a believer since earliest childhood . . Long enough to know what is of God and what is not .

I disagree with who and what you think DAESH is . And BTW I have been a believer since earliest childhood . . Long enough to know what is of God and what is not .

God knows best, what I do know is that the transgressing, secularist, atheist, capitalist extremist criminals which constitute the Godless and greedy american government and their supporters (God is NOT one eyed despite the false claim of "providence") have been fomenting chaos, instability and bloodshed in the region since the staged FALSE FLAG attacks on the twin towers and wtc building number 7 - along with false anti-islamic propaganda (dejal ;) ) in order to justify their unjust and unlawful pirate invasions of countries and regions in which they have been meddling for a long time.

It was indeed heartening to see the mujahideen stand up against murderous secularist capitalist atheist tyrrany of the falsely justified coup de etat against saddams government which was making oil a volatile thorn for the pirates...... and the Muslims of iraq had every right to stand up and resist an illegal pirate invasion even according to international secular laws.

Now a contentious issue among many was that assad was baathist like saddam, amd like gaddafi didn't get along much with the british installed illegal zionist occupiers (golan heights?), and wasn't too bothered about his dutiful citizens crossing over the border to fight the despicable deceitful ;) secularist extremist terrorist pirate invaders of his neighbouring country and was forced by the colonialist criminals and their threatening propaganda machine to unjustly bomb mujahideen outposts in order to prevent his country from being illegally invaded - thereby alienating then and losing a huge potential support base that could have helped him in times of need.

It was in 2005 that pirate america openly called for regime change in syria and began to openly support and fund opposition groups in the country - long before the Islamic state of Iraq took caretakership of regions in syria.

I opposed the alliances of Islamic groups with NATO from the outset and if you go through my posts on Islamicboard (same username), you'll see some of my long and heated debates on the topic (the ones that survived the thread deletions due to intensly divided opinion and the ferocity of many debaters who could have gotten in trouble from the unjust secularist capitalist tyrant politicians).

Everyone knows it was america and it's allies' invasions criminality and deceitful plots in the region that has led to the bloodshed we have seen, and some of us know about the plans for engineered chaos and "greater israel".

So please don't pick at one strawman after another bin alladin, wmd, saddam, alqaeda, isi, isis, is, super (satellite launcher) gun, in order to justify your unjustifiable crimes against the individuals, societies, and economies of the planet.

We know America is guilty and she and her allues will pay for their crimes in the absence of repentance.

I also pray that Allah gives support to the Muslims in this obvious deceirful war against Islam which sheikh brother Usama (may Allah give him a high status in paradise) had the foresight to see and warn us of long ago when we were unable to see through the fog.

Better off calling it bin alladin and the coalitiion of pirate thieves instead of "war on terror".

Maybe read the details of national security nemorandum 200 in 1974, read up on motilal nehru the freemason and the east india tea ( and opium) company which used masonry as a tool to puppetize and control the region long after the division of india and coincidentally palestine (give and take propaganda) jawaharlal nehru (first prime minister, indira gandhy, and the forced sterilization of over 5 million people by her son sanjay gandhy in 1975 (one year after the one eyed seal was stamped on natiinal memorandum 200 to realise how countries have been corrupted bullied, controlled and systematically robbed by the british monarchy and it's aristocratic offshoot via the red white and blue east india co (look at the flag lol) their b*stard daughter lady "liberty" (actually vice).

Me, I'm struggling to keep myself upright in the face of this morally bankrupt onslaught against the souls of the people of this planet and feel that such topics are best left to people who have better moral standing than myself so I will leave you to debate with yourself and anyone who wishes to debate with you.

:)

Adios.

Edited by abz2000

Thank you for proving you know nothing . Whenever excuse is made ,or offered , to justify cruelty ,savagery , rape and murder , therein lies the bankrupt soul .  And yes you will struggle , just as you struggle now to justify the words you have just put down in print for all to see.

What I find curious is the very lack of discussion on the issue that permeates this thread , other than pathetic excuses like yours , or facetious claims of ignorance .

As for "debate " ? There is no debate ,and to think that there is, that is  just another symptom of a mental and moral defect . What DAESH has unleashed upon the face of the Earth is beyond debate .Their actions can only be met with condemnation , which you have just stated you are morally incapable of doing . People like you are the reason why groups of mindless savages like DAESH rear their ugly heads on this planet , and find approval with the likes of you .

No adios or smiley for you , just good riddance .

Maybe you'll get off your fake moral high horse when you realise that America has been the biggest perpetrator and sponsor of the worst crimes against humanity of the past and current centuries - more so than their secularist nazi counterparts.

Maybe research america's use of the u.n as a prodding, blackmailing, "wmd" intelligence gathering and invasion tool, maybe research america's role in occupying half of korea via a proxy mercenary president after murdering and massacring the japanese into submission with wholesale death after the purposefully engineered attack on pearl harbour followed by the attempt to occupy all of korea via the criminal traitorius mercenary force whosenso called leaders massacred any set of pepole who dared to even sympathize with the real korea (north) and sent half a million conscripted citizens on a forced march only to embezel the food money and starve them to death on the way, google KOREAN WAR, the U.N COMFORT WOMEN, AMERICAN COMFORT WOMEN before you start waving strawmen that you engineer, enrage and manipulate yourself as a tool to attempt to justify unjustified aggression.

maybe you learned history in a state run school and stopped there because you felt that their certificate was enough to make you feel somehow accomplished - hence the short selective memory span? Or maybe being a capitalist you do it on purpose as a means of subsidized livelihood?

Edited by abz2000

More excuse making eh , abz2000 . Would you also like to run down the last 3000 years of history and see who are the bloodiest of murderers ?

You are aware that your attempt to rationalize the behavior of utter cowards and savages is totally pathetic .The FACT that you can not bring yourself to condemn DAESH says a lot about your so- called " morality " .

Save your sermon for someone as ill-informed and biased as yourself .  You can not even sympathize with your fellow Muslims who have been victimized by far the most, by DAESH .....but maybe there is a reason for that ?  Maybe you are ideologically linked and thus a sympathizer and approver of these heinous savages .

I wave no Straw-man , and by your use of the term , simply proves you have no idea of what it is, in context to this discussion.

Ironically it is YOU who are using Straw-man arguments .

Well no matter who or what you are ,that is no of consequence to me, nor of the greater issue that DAESH's days are now numbered , they will be destroyed and their leaders hunted down and killed , and that is a fate well deserved . They will not be martyrs by any stretch of the definition of that word . They are vile savages , whose purpose is to murder ,rape ,steal ,and destroy .

As I said , there is no debate here , only condemnation which you can not find .  You said adios ,so -good riddance .

:) no need to be confused, the truth is so plain to see.....for those who care to use their faculties of intellectual reasoning.......

noun

noun: strawman

an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

"her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"

a person regarded as having no substance or integrity.

"a photogenic straw man gets inserted into office and advisers dictate policy"

Therefore, when you begin a secularist atheist push against the true faith that your satanic puppet masonic (lol they almost always get the top posting after "independence" from the mother of harlots) predecessors have been busy setting up and use spectacular false flag attacks such as the controlled wtc building 7 demolition, then claim that you feel terrorized by a single man whom you have been working with for decades, but who has seen through your deceptions and told you to move your illegal occupation bases out of the arabian peninsula before you get bombed out - you are using a straw-man since most of his efforts are becoming reactionary to your schemes and ploys rather than progressive advancement.

When you nuture, arm and control a nation's leader and direct his wars with his neighbours from the pentagon, and then claim that he is the cause for your decision to illegally invade the region, you are using a puppet strawman to hide your malicioUS intentions.

When you set up bombings in Masjids and at funerals and religios gatherings, purposefully begin a sectarian chaos in order to prevent them from the unanimous attack against your pirate soldiers, then claim to be supporting them against a dictator and re-arm them whilst directing splintered forces on the battlefield with the lure of financial and logistical support, and then eventually turn them against each other from the background, then claim that the people whom you maliciously and purposefully manipulated, controlled and enraged are the demon, whilst using them as a vehicle to attack Islam, you are using a strawman.

Now coming to the leaders of the group called D.A (DAWLAH al-ISLAAMIYYAH) excluding "IISH" (fi-al IRAQ wa al-SHAAM ), I do not know them personally and my allegiance goes way above them.

If they comply with Islamic rules, I support them unequivocally, if they stray - I oppose them in such actions, however - given the alternatives - I would put my eggs in their basket on a political and social level unless and until something more near to Islam is presented.

The same goes for myself, I am forced by my faculties of reasoning to condemn my own actions and habits that fall outside the well disciplined and coherent guidelines and laws of Islam and seek to exert effort in coming closer to the way of life which the creator has chosen, and having experimented with many modes of life, have come to the inescapable conclusion that Islam is the best and most stable and coherent way in this life and for eternal prosperity.

If I was in the position of the Iraqi mujahideen and saw my companions being tortured to death by invading secularist pirate hordes, regularly seeing 50 -100 bodies with u.s army issue cable ties binding their hands behind their backs and holes drilled in their heads in order to extract information electronically, seen family members raped and murdered before my own eyes, I too would probably have taken a similar approach to what some mujahideen leaders have done.

Regarding your words of bravado, the final outcome remains to be seen, and no, the murder of every living creature on earth would not be able to destroy my morale since my source of strength and succour transcends life on earth.

:) just as you sow good or evil, you will reap the like, if your intention was to concentrate and route the people in a certain spot, God will look into it and accept it as a service if you were just, correct , sincere and truthful in your approach.

If you were unjust and false, he will concentrate and route you even if your forces be a million strong and under eighty banners.

Think the Quran is magic derived from of old? The word of a mortal? God has given you resources in abundance and even caused your children to be by your side in the top most postings, want more?

Repent to God or make the challenge, we shall see what 2018 brings :) - coz above it is nineteen.

Settle down in office this year and take the time to think about it. ;)

Take a lesson from pharaoh and his forces who had unjustly resolved to "remove them from the face if this earth" but was FLUNG by his own hands along with his secularist forces - into the sea. :)

.....if only you knew who you have been trying to play, you would have realized that He is hemming you in.

1 The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon).

2 And if they see a sign, they turn away, and say: "This is continuous magic."

3 They belied (the Verses of Allah - this Qur'an), and followed their own lusts. And every matter will be settled (according to the kind of deeds: good deeds will take their doers to Paradise, and similarly evil deeds will take their doers to Hell).

4 And indeed there has come to them news (in this Qur'an) wherein there is (enough warning) to check (them from evil),

5 Perfect wisdom (this Qur'an), but (the preaching of) warners benefit them not.

6 So (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) withdraw from them. The Day that the caller will call (them) to a terrible thing.

7 They will come forth, with humbled eyes from (their) graves as if they were locusts spread abroad,

8 Hastening towards the caller. The disbelievers will say:

"This is a hard Day."

Edited by abz2000

This should give more of an idea about clutching at VARIOUS strawmen to further your criminal goals:

US will allocate $5m to finance Syria opposition

February 18, 2006

The United States will allocate $5 million to finance the Syrian opposition, the State Department said yesterday, two days after announcing a similar initiative for the Iranian opposition.

The State Department said in a statement that it will give the money

“to accelerate the work of reformers in Syria.”

The money would come from the department’s Middle East Partnership Initiative, it said.

The State Department announced on Wednesday that it would seek $75 million to step up efforts — through extra broadcasts and other activities — to influence democratic change in Iran.

Meanwhile, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said yesterday that the United States wants to strengthen its sanctions against Syria and is trying to convince other nations to follow suit.

“We intend to use the Syrian Accountability Act and use it to its fullest,” the top US diplomat told Congress, referring to a 2003 law that allows the US administration to impose sanctions against Syria. The law, which provides for a series of six diplomatic, economic and financial sanctions, was partially applied in May 2004 by President George W. Bush, but some sanctions have yet to be used.

“The Syrian Accountability Act is a very important tool,” Rice told the House of Representatives International Relations Committee.

“We’ve used a great deal of it,” she recalled.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJTv2nFjMBk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfQcyphK-Qo

Edited by abz2000