Islamic Forum
Aysha27

Why Should We Hate Non-Believers

Assalamu Alaikum Oa Rahmatullah,

Recently I’ve studied a list of Atheist of USA who don’t believe in God or the creator of the Universe. 39 suparstars have in the list and all of them are top class celebrities. I am really surprised…! I think everybody should have a religion. Because religion makes the human perfect. Every religion speaks “don’t make a sin”. I thing all of the atheists have a huge number of fans. The matter of sorrow is many Muslim people are also fans of them. My question is- Why do we follow those celebrities who don’t believe in God…? :no:

Why do so many believers make sin ?

wa alaykum as salaam 

sister there are increasingly more atheists, and they are not just home to the USA. They are also present in Muslim majority countries. 

Of course it would be great if everyone had a religion and everyone believed like us but Allah has given us free choice. He put humans on the earth as a test and allowed shaytan to roam amongst us. There are many warnings in the quran to people but we cannot force or expect that everyone will believe like us. Allah constantly reassured the prophet Muhammad and all the other prophets before him, peace be upon them all, not to despair. They were not to despair because they were just messengers. All they could do was reveal the message and they will not be held account for those who do not believe. We also will not be held account for those who do not believe.

These verses (21-26) from Surat Al Ghashiyah  are a perfect example:

So remind, [O Muhammad]; you are only a reminder. You are not over them a controller. However, he who turns away and disbelieves - Then Allah will punish him with the greatest punishment. Indeed, to Us is their return. Then indeed, upon Us is their account. 

The best we can do is ensure that we use our time in this world wisely. We can advise those around us of what we believe to be the right way. And in communities that are receptive to the message we can hopefully give them good role models. We shouldn't look up to role models who do not represent any good in this world. Sadly many younger generations know all the words to the songs of popstars like Justin Bieber, and they spend on there time online but they do not have any knowledge of the quran. 

• Like 1

It is true they don't have any pure knowledge on Qur'an, so it is our duty to raise the voice of Qur'an in front of the world...! I believe this forum has one of the great efforts to do that and it is really appreciated by us. We should reach at least a single word of Qur'an to the non-believers...

• Like 1

I think that many of the "Athiests" have not lost faith in a loving Deity, but have lost faith in the modern religions.

I read a book by Joseph Campbell, in which he related an experience with a group ministers who were watching a Shinto priest performing a traditional dance. When asked what meaning was expressed through the dance, the priest replied, "It doesn't mean anything. It is just a dance."

I think that modern religion has become disconnected from the teachings of the original prophet (I will only refer to the prophet Jesus. Gnostics do not accept the Orthodox belief in the divinity of Jesus). Mainstream Christianity has become the "dance without meaning."

The original Christians lived in communal societies that fed the hungry, nursed the sick, and provided housing for the homeless. The original Days of Fasting were to donate the money for soup kitchens.

Today, the mega churches teach the "Gospel of Prosperity" and "God wants you to be rich." Just come to this church and God will heap lots of stuff on your doorstep. He wants to give you a big house and a luxury car.

Oh, and God really hates poor people. You shouldn't help them because that is interfering with God's will.

I think that a steady diet of this would make a lot of people lose Faith.

We, Gnostics, do not believe in missionary work; because each person must find their way to Faith, in their own time. The original Gnostic Christians spread their Faith, not with words, but through their lives of sacrifice and love. They went through the streets and picked up strangers, who were sick with the plague, and nursed, fed, and housed them. This was a time when Faith had meaning.

I don't wish to be perceived as attempting to push my religion, but to express my belief that people don't lose Faith; they just have lost belief in religions that praise selfishness and hate.

We, as people of Faith (all faiths), can help people to regain their Faith, by being a "shining light to the world." Every time we show love toward our brothers and sisters (the world); we show them God.

Hi Gnosis

I think you have misunderstood atheists. Being an atheist I know a lot of them and I’ve never met one who even comes close to your suggestion that they have only lost faith in modern religions not in a loving deity.  Atheists don’t believe in god(s), atheists don’t believe in devil’s, fairies, pixies, magic etc loving or otherwise.  It’s not just religions, modern or otherwise, that we have no faith in it is the very idea of the supernatural because the world provides us with lots and lots of evidence for so many things and none of them show any signs of having anything supernatural about them.  Every mystery ever solved, ever, has turned out not to contain any magic.  That’s a 100% failure rate to date for magic and the supernatural.  Thats a pretty solid reason not to believe in it IMHO.

Russell

Aoa Ayesha27,

Not sure if the 27 represent your age or I.Q but I totally agree with you. These 39 celeb superstars comprising the entire population of atheist need to read Quran first before dismissing it. I am sure you have read Quran with Tafsir and can vouch for the wholesome goodness some people are missing. Please continue spewing the positivity.

I wonder why you think reading the Quran, which is supposed to be clear will convince anyone? In fact if one looks at the testimonies of hundreds of apostates we find that reading the Quran is what turned them away from Islam.

'Hate' is the discomfort felt & associated with the idea of an external cause.

'Love' is the pleasure felt & associated with the idea of an external cause.

Strive not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them.