As-salamu alaykum (السلام عليكم)
I want to strat this topic as a poll if so be it. To all of my brothers and sisters of Islam in Indonesia. I want to start to say that I am a REvert to Islam for more than 20 years, and I have moved to Indonesia to live as I was led to believe that it is a very Islamic country (we will talk that later) but I see that there is a piece of clothing here only worn by the Musliminah of Indonesia woman called a "mukena" and at first was confused, but later came to realize that in my opinion it is a cultural thing and not an Islamic thing.
Now my question that I pose here is what do you think of this garment, as far as I am concerned I have told my wife she does not have to wear this if she is wearing the appropriate attire that is required of a Musliminah. If a woman is true to her hijjab then she is ok to pray in front of Allah.
I find that the "mukena" allows a woman to feel she does not have to wear the hijjab as she will go to the masjid to pray then dawn the "mukena" and be safe to pray. Then go outside in her western attire and be ok with that. It is a sad state that the people here feel this way.
Indonesia might have the QUANTITY Muslim population, but they have the QUALITY of Muslims.
Again I am sorry, but if I am wrong please tell me I am wrong.
In the name of Allah, the most Beneficent, the most merciful.
'Salam, brothers and sisters. I have a (somewhat) important question. This might probably seem a bit foolish to ask, but it's been nagging me in the back of my mind. A few days ago, I was browsing around and i came to a Facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Say-NO-to-Football-Football-is-Haram-in-Islam/144140479011054. The page states that football is Haram in Islam, and it's description states the reasons:
"10 reason why Football is haraam
the world cup is haraam for many reasons. but since 10 is an important and serious number; id give you ten reasons. they are:
1. men displaying their awrah (hedhun laigen oriyaamun, as our beloved mullahs would/should put it). behaving in ways which can provoke sexual desires of women and gay men. immodesty.
... 2. supporting kafir nations like the evil america and portugese!?! this is unacceptable. imitating the kuffaar is common during worldcups. wearing their jerseys, flags and copying their hairstyles. then there are the vuvuzelas. obviously it is not really a 'musical' instrument, but it is part of south african kafir culture and made in kafir communist china!
3. people watching football even when it is prayer time. just like music is haraam for being an 'idle waste of time'. a friend told me there were only two rows in their neighbourgood Masjid when the game was on. i told him even those few people could problyy be the hardcore supporters of some team praying for victory.
4. too much female skin. there are the football fan chicks and cheerleading gals - flashing once in a while. yeah, this is the only time you get to see a naked boob on maldivian national television. and therez the waka waka song. it is straight from hell. what moves. what the shakira! masha Allah! i mean, naoozbillah.
5. people waste a lot of money buying TVs,sound systems (to 'listen' to worldcup yeah), setting up screens, decorating rooms,buying airtel dish (which is also haraam for showing christian channels),buying a lot of food,buying calendars, books,stickers...etc. such waste of money are always haraam.
6. media and some local companies have started betting on these games in the name of sms lucky draw quiz. more haraam activities.
7. people stay late to watch football. its a cause for being late for work, and sometimes causes you to miss dhamunamaadhu and fajr prayer. and staying up late for such an evil activity and missing prayers because of that is totally unacceptable. it is leading you astray. haraam again.
8. mixing of men and women at the football stadium and places (public screens and even rooms) where people watch the matches. we can hear women laughing and screaming too.calling out names of football players. astaghfirullah.
9. the world cup is sponsored by greedy kafir capitalist corporations who probably have connections with the freemasons and all. you are helping them. boycott worldcup and boycott cocacola too.
10. it does not follow the saudi fatwa on rules for halal football."
Now, I was in between vaguely amused and mildly confused by these statements, so I decided to share this with you. Additionally, this page is a small one and hasn't been active since 2012, but nevertheless, does this hold a shred of truth? I'm a huge football fan and would love some feedback. Thanks in advance.
Bayern Munich Build Masjid for Muslims
MUNICH – Helping their players to fulfil their religious duties, German football giants Bayern Munich have decided to build a Masjid to help Muslim footballers to perform their prayers.
The German football club agreed to a request to build a Masjid in the Allianz Arena stadium to serve its Muslim players and fans.
The request was made by the club’s Muslim midfielder Bilal Franck Ribery, who asked for specifying a small room for players to perform their prayers.
The new Masjid would serve Muslim players and fans with a full time imam, an Islamic library and Islamic sessions.
The administration also announced that they will finance 85 percent of the costs of the worship place, leaving 15% to Muslim players and fans who want to participate.
The news about the new Masjid was made public via the club's official site.
Founded in 1900, Bayern Munich is the top tier of the German football league system, and is the most successful football club in Germany.
The football giants have won a record 23 national titles and 15 cups.
The club won its first national championship in 1932.
Bayern Munich is the biggest sports club in Germany and the fourth biggest football club in the world, generating €368.4 million in 2012.
Bayern is not the first European club to build a Masjid for its Muslim players after New Castle United specified a prayer room for Muslim players.
Muslims pray five times a day, with each prayer made of a series of postures and movements, each set of which is called a rak‘ah.
The five prayer times are divided all through the day which starts with Fajr prayer at dawn.
Assalaam walaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.
I was wondering if the dairy milk sold in India is halal. It contains ethyl vanillin, E442 and E476. The cover has a 'veg' sign on it.
Also, on most biscuit packets, it says "Contains artificial flavour-Vanilla". Now I'm not sure whether this is referring to vanilla essence (haram) or vanillin (halal).
Please clarify whether it's halal or haram.