Islamic Forum
ParadiseLost

Muslim Lives Matter

"Muslims are always shown as terrorists but when the victims of the xenophobic attacks are Muslims their stories get ignored", the statement said. The statement, read by Sabby Dhalu, added that Muslims are disappointed and saddened that the killing of three North Carolina Muslims has not received the attention it deserves, while attacks in Paris had recieved extensive coverage in British media channels. 

http://www.dailysabah.com/europe/2015/02/13/muslimlivesmatter-british-muslims-protest-against-the-bbc

PropellerAds

I would disagree with whoever made that statement you quoted . The shooting death of three muslims in N.Carolina has been flooding the news since it had occurred .  The President of the US has condemned it . The Attorney General and the FBI are investigating this crime to determine if it was a hate crime . It  has been reported that there had been prior disputes overparking spaces between this man and the people who were the victims . The man's internet postings and social contacts are being investigated .

Besides that ,the attacks in Europe will soon pale, when the latest beheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians in Libya by DAESH starts filtering through the media .

All lives matter .

Edited by Aligarr

All lives matter... no one will disagree with that.

While i do agree this has recieved enough media attention, the media needs to look deeply at how they report crime as i feel they are responsible for a lot of attacks on muslims, including this one. By labelling any criminal who has any muslim affiliation as a terrorist has planted a dangerous seed in the minds of many.  

• Like 1

I would disagree with whoever made that statement you quoted . The shooting death of three muslims in N.Carolina has been flooding the news since it had occurred .  The President of the US has condemned it . The Attorney General and the FBI are investigating this crime to determine if it was a hate crime . It  has been reported that there had been prior disputes overparking spaces between this man and the people who were the victims . The man's internet postings and social contacts are being investigated .

Besides that ,the attacks in Europe will soon pale, when the latest beheading of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians in Libya by DAESH starts filtering through the media .

All lives matter .

To the media not all lives matter. That is a fact. Maybe your own opinion is different. 

This story did not receive the attention it deserved. It is very much related to Islamophobia. I can only imagine if the killer was a Muslim how people would be questioning the place of Muslims in society. Yet not many care about the effects hate speech against Muslims is having. 

And know I also am very much against what happened in Libya of course. But personally I don't believe such groups deserve media attention as it is what benefits them.

But there are also places around the world like Central African Republic, where Muslims are being massacred and not many people know about it. The media is a very powerful entity and needs more guidelines in reporting news. So many news channels are moving away from balanced coverage and often base news on unconfirmed reports. Then people jump to conclusions before the real story is out. 

• Like 1

Paradise Lost , I don't know if you live in the US , and are exposed to all forms of US media , but this story has been all over the news . As far as whether it was a hate crime ? It may look like it on the outside , but there is certainly enough facts involved that could indicate that it wasn't in fact a hate crime . This man had hatred for many groups of people , he was an angry man , and had several prior disputes with the three victims and other neighbors over what you or I would call petty issues . There are people like this , and they do have guns , and they do eventually kill people . I know of some who would be highly offended if you just walk on their lawn grass , others who get upset if your dog lifts his leg on their sidewalk .These are not normal people .

It has not been proven that these people were shot because they were muslims .

I am not trying to cover this guy , or whitewash his heinous crime , but even his wife who is divorcing him says he was not an Islamophobic person .  If it is proven to be a hate crime , it will be brought forward , no one will attempt to cover it up , indeed it would not be possible to cover up . If there is any evidence of this guy expressing hate for muslims on the internet , there is no way it can be hidden , and I think it would have been public knowledge by now . You can not erase anything that is put on the internet .

Edited by Aligarr

The President of the US has condemned it . 

Yes, after the Turkish president scolded him for his ‘telling’ silence on the incident.

Salam

Yasnov

Not quite Yasnov .   You obviously listen to biased news . Erdigan has got enough problems with rape in his country to be scolding anyone .

Not quite Yasnov .   You obviously listen to biased news . Erdigan has got enough problems with rape in his country to be scolding anyone .

Everything that does not work in your favour is biased, eh, aligarr?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/13/recep-tayyip-erdogan-scolds-obama-muslim-shootings/

Regarding rape, how can I take you seriously when you can't even know how to spell his name? And given your statement, I assume that America has been free of rape problems that it continous to stick its nose in everyone's internal affairs?

Salam

Yasnov

Aligarr- while you mention that this may not be a hate crime and it may well prove not to be one (which i highly doubt) The media is very quick to jump and label any muslim a terrorist and the general public also get on the bandwagon. even if he might look remotely arab people jump to the conclusion. Take for the example of kiling of jean carlos de meneze on the london underground. The intial media reports where muslim terrorist alongside this you had "eye witnesses" coming forward saying he was arab and was heard talking arabic. Only for all of that to be dubunked later.  

The game the media is playing like i said before is very dangerous

Wrong Alladin , the media was actually quite quick to label this a hate crime . And wrong again , the media here is not quick to label anyone a terrorist unless of course they are proven to be a terrorist .

I think the problem lies in what definition  you or I would use to define a terrorist .

Yasnov , I don't need to know the exact spelling of Erdigan's name , as you well know who I was referring to .  Don't backpeddle over the spelling of a name when you erroneously report that Obama had to be "scolded " by Erdigan , before he condemned the killings in N.Carolina , that is nothing more than a self-serving LIE .

And yes Turkey does have a major problem in it's treatment of women . Unless you would care to deny their public protests of a day or so ago ,  as untrue .

Aligarr- Again i never said the media did not call it a hate crime, and you are wrong if you think the media is not quick to call anyone a terrorist. In order for a person to be proven as a terrorist there needs to be an investigation into the matter, there is rarely an investigation before a person is labelled and as the saying goes mud sticks!. I find it strange that you are defending the media when it is in fact their job to sensationalise the news.

Finally, i would be interested to hear what you consider to be the definition of a terrorist.

First off , it depends on what media you choose to listen to .If it's Fox news, then everyone's a terrorist .

My definition of a terrorist is anyone who seeks to achieve a political, religious, or ideological end , terrorizing by means of violence and/or killing people .