Islamic Forum
Aysha27

Celebrating World Hijab Day

Assalamu-alai-kum-oa-rahmatullah....

Now a days I am thinking on an issue named 'world hijab day'. I think the day is 1st February and it is celebrating since 2013. The day is only for raising awareness on wearing the hijab for both Muslim and non Muslim women. My question is- according to Islamic point of view is there any problem celebrating the day?

PropellerAds

W/Assalam

Not to my knowledge, no. I'm pretty sure it's fine. 

wa alaykum as salaam 

I wouldn't say I am extremely against it but I am against it in the sense that it confines the education of hijab to one day in a year. This is really a western type of thing. You know mothers day they choose one day, fathers day another, expressing love (valentines) on another, womens day on another. When really from an Islamic point of view we should celebrate our mothers and fathers every day. We should express love everyday, and respect women everyday. So as regards to the education of hijab, I believe the concept is a good one but the way it is implemented should be changed. There should be a daily approach not an annual one. 

I think there is nothing wrong with celebrating the world hijab day if it gives us positive result...