Islamic Forum
TG1234567

Question About Hadiths About Discharge

Salaam Alaikum to the Muslim posters reading this.

I was wondering what your opinion is of the hadith below, which states (if
I correctly understand, and if I am not please correct me) that the water that a woman excretes when she
has an orgasm in her sleep causes children to resemble her.

It was narrated from Zainab, the daughter of Umm Salamah, that :

Her mother Umm Salamah said: "Umm Sulaim came to the Prophet and asked
him about a woman who sees in her dream something like a man sees. He
said: 'Yes, if she sees water (discharge), let her take a bath.' I said:
'You have embarrassed the women. Do women experience wet dreams?' The
Prophet said: 'May your hands be rubbed with dust, how else does her
child resemble her?'"

http://sunnah.com/urn/1255990

Do fluids released in a woman's orgasm determine the resemblance of children to parents, or is that genetic information carried by the egg and sperm and determined when they meet?

Also, in the hadith below, Muhammad described the water of the woman as "yellow".

It was narrated from Anas that:

Umm Sulaim asked the Messenger of Allah about a woman who sees in her
dream something like that which a man sees. The Messenger of Allah said:
"If she sees that and has a discharge, then let her perform a bath."
Umm Salamah said: "O Messenger of Allah, does that really happen?" He
said: "Yes, the water of the man is thick and white and the water of a
woman is thin and yellow. Whichever of them comes first or predominates,
the child will resemble (that parent)."

http://sunnah.com/urn/1256000

What was this a reference to? If I am not mistaken, the colour of woman's semen is usually white.

Thanks so much!

PropellerAds

Salaam Alaikum to the Muslim posters reading this.

I was wondering what your opinion is of the hadith below, which states (if

I correctly understand, and if I am not please correct me) that the water that a woman excretes when she

has an orgasm in her sleep causes children to resemble her.

It was narrated from Zainab, the daughter of Umm Salamah, that :

Her mother Umm Salamah said: "Umm Sulaim came to the Prophet and asked

him about a woman who sees in her dream something like a man sees. He

said: 'Yes, if she sees water (discharge), let her take a bath.' I said:

'You have embarrassed the women. Do women experience wet dreams?' The

Prophet said: 'May your hands be rubbed with dust, how else does her

child resemble her?'"

http://sunnah.com/urn/1255990

Do fluids released in a woman's orgasm determine the resemblance of children to parents, or is that genetic information carried by the egg and sperm and determined when they meet?

salam, 

yes it will be genetic issue while, yet, science didn't show in deterministic way the resemblance of the baby to the father or mother. Mendelian inheritance law is a probabilistic way of describing the issue. it tell , for example,  the coming baby will have his mom's eye colour with 75% probability.  which don't mean that he will not have his dad's eye color. there could be other helping factors to decide which is which like these kinds of both the male and female fluids. it's not a strange idea, knowing that some kind of fluids based on its Alkaline and acidic nature can help distinguishing between the male (xx) and female (xy) sperms in male fluid, which can affect the sex of the baby.  finally, science didn't prove the opposite while have indications to support that info.

salam, 

yes it will be genetic issue while, yet, science didn't show in deterministic way the resemblance of the baby to the father or mother. Mendelian inheritance law is a probabilistic way of describing the issue. it tell , for example,  the coming baby will have his mom's eye colour with 75% probability.  which don't mean that he will not have his dad's eye color. there could be other helping factors to decide which is which like these kinds of both the male and female fluids. it's not a strange idea, knowing that some kind of fluids based on its Alkaline and acidic nature can help distinguishing between the male (xx) and female (xy) sperms in male fluid, which can affect the sex of the baby.  finally, science didn't prove the opposite while have indications to support that info.

salam, 

Salaam Alaikum. The genes and chromosomes that are found in the sperm and egg when they meet determine the genetic make-up of the baby and decide which parent it will resemble.

A baby's traits are determined by a combination of the genes of both the

father and the mother, and it makes no difference how soon after

sex/climax the two gametes (sperm and egg) fuse to form a zygote.  Both

sperm and egg each carry one copy of the genome--which is the full

complement of all the genes that determine all the developmental

instructions for making the baby, for its proper growth and development,

and for "running" its metabolism and physiology after it is formed.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Biology-664/2009/6/Physical-resemblance-child-parent.htm

An orgasm does not have anything to do with the egg, which is what carries the genome of the woman. There are some theories, though disproven, that it may help suck sperm into the uterus, helping it meet up with the egg. However, it has nothing to do with the genetic features of the female, since it does not affect the egg.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-06/why-orgasming-doesnt-help-you-conceive

Edited by TG1234567

I would like to correct something I have said, but at this moment I am unable to edit my posts. The theory that the orgasm helps suck in the sperm is not disproven, but unproven. Sorry for the error.

This still does not change the fact that an orgasm does not affect the genome of the egg, which is what decides the traits carried on by the mother that are passed on to the child.