Islamic Forum
eeps24

Benefits Of Reading Specific Surah's

I know its good to read sura kahf on fridays, but any others? Ive see some sites talk about it but not sure where they get the proof from or perhaps its just made up stuff. The only one I am aware of is Kahf on fridays, anyone know any others?

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum,

The book Ma'ariful Hadith has a section that records the information you're looking for. Leaving out Surah Kahf, I'll summarize this below - citing the hadith collections the author lists. The author of Ma'ariful Hadith is Maulana Manzoor Numani (rahmatullah alaih). He was a well known and respected scholar (Shaikh al-Hadith) of the classical tradition from the Indian subcontinent. This book - in 4 volumes - has been translated into the English language with the title Meaning and Message of the Traditions.

Surah Fatiha (Surah 1)

This 7 verse Surah - also known as the Mother of the Quran - is the greatest Surah in the Quran (Tirmidhi)

Surah Baqarah (Surah 2)

The devil does not enter the house in which this Surah is recited (Tirmidhi)

Surah Ya Sin (Surah 36)

Reciting this Surah solely for the pleasure of Allah will cause one's past  sins to be forgiven. It's recommended to be recited over the dead and dying (Baihaqi)

Allah will fulfill all the lawful desires of a person who recites this Surah at the beginning of the day (Darami)

Surah Waqiah (Surah 56)

Reciting this Surah every night protects one from being afflicted with poverty (Baihaqi)

Surah Mulk (Surah 67)

This Surah intercedes with Allah on our behalf until we're forgiven (Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood, Nasai, & Ibn Majah)

Surah Zalzalah (Surah 99)

The value of reciting this 8 verse Surah is worth the reward of reciting half (1/2) the Quran (Tirmidhi)

Surah Takathur (Surah 102)

The value of reciting this 8 verse Surah is worth the reward of reciting 1000 verses of the Quran (Baihaqi)

Surah Kafirun (Surah 109)

The value of reciting this 6 verse Surah is worth the reward of reciting one quarter (1/4) of the Quran (Tirmidhi)

Surah Ikhlas (Surah 112)

The value of reciting this 4 verse Surah is worth the reward of reciting one third (1/3) of the Quran (Bukhari, Muslim, & Tirmidhi)

Surah Falaq (Surah 113) & Surah Nas (Surah 114)

Reciting these short Surahs together are the most effective way of seeking refuge in Allah from evil (Abu Dawood)

The above is not a comprehensive list and there are more merits in regards to the ones covered. Additionally, there are specific verses that have special merits. 

I hope this helps.