Islamic Forum
happy spirit

The Seal Of The Prophets

PropellerAds

Hmm. I believe Jesus was the first and the last. Jesus said It ended with Him. There were no other prophets after Jesus because there was nothing else to say.

Actually doesn't the Qur'an show Jesus to be unique?

I think we need to be clear what is meant by prophet. Usually, Christians say there are two kinds of prophesy: foretelling and fourth telling - that is we might get prophesies about the future but more often prophets explain the scriptures. In this sense neither Mohammed or Jesus was the last of the prophets since anyone with the Spirit of God can tell us or explain to us the scriptures.

We also say that any piece of scripture has only one meaning but many applications since a scripture which cannot be applied at any time or place is worthless.

As-Salaam alaikum,

May I contribute to the topic started above by Happy Spirit on the Noble Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, being the Seal of the Prophets... after whom no more Prophet/Messenger will come from God Almighty. I want to link this up with what the Last Messenger, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said on this particular subject:--

"Time has now come full circle as it was the moment Allah created the Heavens and Earth." [bukhari and others].

From this, we can understand that Prophethood is a circle, or a ring of connected points... each point representing a Prophet, and that point which gathers and seals both arcs of the circle represents MUHAMMAD, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam. From the viewpoint of his unique status of being that gathering point, the Noble Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said:--

"I am the Leader of the children of Adam, and this is without boasting." [Tirmidhi, Muslim, Abu Dawud].   And if we view each point of the circle in itself, we see that each of them can be a connecting point, giving a sense of equality. Here, you may quote the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, when he said:--

"It is not fit to elevate me above my Brother, Yunus Ibn Matta." [bukhari, Tabarani, Ibn Majah].  And in the Holy Qur'an, we read it where it states:--

"We do not discriminate between any of His Messengers" (2:285).... precisely because discrimination is a hole in the completeness of the circle of Prophethood.